Notices

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part 3

Old 06-15-2021, 04:40 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
she did actually! Ha that take made me feel better.

thanks everyone for your different takes. It really helped me see better.

It’s funny how when I feel those triggers I cognitively know the truth and think about the situation rationally but the physical emotional feeling that was triggered persists and it comes from such a place of hurt and loneliness from when I was a child
I understand that from the bottom of my soul dear Plenny. s ❤️
Old 06-15-2021, 04:42 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

And phoebe love ~ I so agree with what Plenny said. You HAVE given yourself a chance to reset and it is indeed cool....and don't forget how much weight you have lost since Jan, and those numbers you have gotten down....that is a woman looking after her health big time. I bet the new doctor is impressed with your efforts. And I hope she is lovely. ❤️
Old 06-15-2021, 06:44 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks Plenny and Suze. I found reviews for her online, and most loved her and used words like caring, felt heard, kind. So, 🤞🏻. I’m not generally super anxious about routine dr appointments, but the shame that my drinking caused much of my health issues is really heavy. I’m overdue for some routine screenings too, and am anxious, as we all can get, about those.
Old 06-15-2021, 09:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hello All,

I feel rotten! My pain got worse last night. As tired as I was, I went to bed at 9pm but up at 1am with excruciating pain that is also a burning too. Now I was told to expect that I may feel like I have a sunburn in the effected areas, but I don't think they meant like this. I feel more like I have been electrocuted. I put ice on it last night/early this morning and tried to go back to sleep and that wasn't happening so I took another Lyrica.

When I called the doc office on Sat and talked with the nurse on call, she said that to 50mg of Lyrica twiice a day was a pretty low dose so it was fine. I called them back this morning to let them know I took another and maybe 1 every 8 hrs instead of 1 every 12 hrs might be better for me. I am waiting for them to call me back.

I have been icing the area like they said but looked at it this morning and the injection site is red. My temperature is slightly elevated but not at what is considered a fever. I don't normally run temperatures as it is. The last time I had diverticulitis the infection spread through my whole large intestine and never ran a temp. I did have some considerable pain and spent 3 days in the hospital, but no temp. I usually run 97.5F and I am up to 98.9 so, I don't know what to say about that. I should be feeling some relief by now, but I certainly am not.

I am sober though! Well, kinda, the Lyrica increase has kind of made me a bit loopy again. I will say I have not drank any alcohol.

Phoebe, I understand you being embarrassed to see a new doc. I just changed primary care physicians also. You have made improvements in your life style and in your progress toward getting your conditions under control, be sure to let her know how your are progressing. I so understand being embarrassed about weight. Now I kid around and tell them that I am too short for my weight and I am doing my best to grow, but it is hard getting that number on the scale. I have been blaming the weight gain on the Lyrica because it will pack the pounds on, but drinking a bottle of wine a day was doing its part too.

Speaking of weight gain, I have been doing a bit of looking on line for a mother of the groom dress. There is a problem. Since I have so much weight around my middle, and now it wont go away with taking the Lyrica again, I am going to have to have one made. I did talk with a lady this morning who will meet with me sometime next week, if I am feeling better. She will take measurements, show me fabrics, and patterns she has to make the dress. It is going to be less expensive to have a dress done this way then to go pick one off the rack and then pay to have it altered. It should be fun to pick everything out but it will be so hard to have her take my measurements. I kinda have the figure of a Minion right now.

Willow, congratulations on your 30 days!!!! 🎉🎈🎉. That is something to be proud about and I hope you are going to do something special for yourself. It is also good that you are going to be DD for your office party. I remember those and coworkers can get sloppy letting their hair down. When I was sober before, I felt so self conscious going and not drinking till I realized that no one cared if I was drinking as long they had a drink and I laughed along with them.

Plenny, I am glad that everything turned out well with your sponsor. I also love Spodify Podcasts! I listen to them a lot when my husband isn't home and I go to bed. It is hard to for me to go to sleep in this country silence without him in bed with me. I know it is not recommended for good sleep but it works for me. I was listening to one the other night about how we must think and make decisions with our heads and not our emotions. It helped with the wedding decision, my emotions were running high, but the best decision, in the long run, is to bite the bullet and go. Not going would only make our relationship worse.

So this is me for today. I am still waiting on that doctor's office call back. I do hope that everyone have a wonderful, sober day.

OneThing
Old 06-15-2021, 09:44 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Getting the dress made sounds perfect.
And I hope the doc office calls back soon love

My temp also runs low....36C (96.8F) is my norm.....seems like there are a lot of us this way.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:54 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Getting frustrated, I had to call the doc office again. I love my doc. I think he is the best at what he does and have read up on him and that seems to be the consensuses. He went to Harvard Medical, trained at the Mayo Clinic, and practiced there for a while before opening his own office.

He has the rudest reception taking messages! I really felt like pulling out the "Listen B@tch" line. I had this done on the 3rd, today is the 15th and I am worse. I think this warrants attention.

If this gets any worse, I am just going to go to the emergency room. I am wondering now if a staph infection has not set in. Dr. Mom is a real professional medical designation, right? I am right about 25% of the time with my diagnoses. I need them to call.

Umph!

OneThing
Old 06-15-2021, 11:59 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well, if it was me.....I would go to the ER. Even if he calls back, I am not sure that is going to help you today love.
If there is an infection, it needs to be seen.

I know that is not going to be easy.....when is your daughter home today? s xx
Old 06-15-2021, 01:26 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Made it through the physical. Dr was nice and responsive to my concerns about a medication. Gave me something read, listened, asked me to think about it. It’s a medicine my father and aunt took, and both suffered severe dementia, unlike their siblings. I appreciate the dr asking me to consider risks vs benefits and giving me time to read about the alternative medication she suggested. I’ll keep her. She was very impressed with my blood sugar number, the A1C, and even whistled at the change from January. 🙂

Onething, goodness! This pain you’re having is so awful. I also run a low temp normally, and over 99 feels bad to me. I wish there were something your dr could do for you.

Good idea having the dress made. You’ll look fabulous!
Old 06-15-2021, 01:40 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OneThingAtATime View Post
Getting frustrated, I had to call the doc office again. I love my doc. I think he is the best at what he does and have read up on him and that seems to be the consensuses. He went to Harvard Medical, trained at the Mayo Clinic, and practiced there for a while before opening his own office.

He has the rudest reception taking messages! I really felt like pulling out the "Listen B@tch" line. I had this done on the 3rd, today is the 15th and I am worse. I think this warrants attention.

If this gets any worse, I am just going to go to the emergency room. I am wondering now if a staph infection has not set in. Dr. Mom is a real professional medical designation, right? I am right about 25% of the time with my diagnoses. I need them to call.

Umph!

OneThing
Follow your instinct, don't wait for it to get worse, seek treatment now.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:53 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thank you all,

If I weren't so tired I would have gone to the ER. I did finally hear back from the doc office and the nurse said take the 3 Lyrica. I then told her about all the other things going on and she put me on hold. My dear doctor got on the phone and we talked about everything. He gave me his email address and had me take a pic of the area that turned red. He later emailed me back and didn't think it was much of a problem but to an eye on it. It could just be "burnt" from the ice. He said my temp may be going up because of the stress my body is under but it has not turned into a real fever. He is sending me in a different prescription for pain meds and told me to email him directly if I continue to get worse or don't see any improvement in the next few days. He really is wonderful and gave me some kind words to keep the faith that this will pass, it is not uncommon.

So with that I shall say good night, good sober night. I was too tired to do my wine:30 check! I made it through though. I am too tired to count days right now, but I am one day closer to the 30 day mark!

Phoebe, I am so glad your doc visit went well. I know that is a relief to you.

OneThing

Old 06-15-2021, 06:09 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

So much love dear One Thing and goodnight ❤️
Old 06-15-2021, 06:47 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you persevered OneThing

D
Old 06-15-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Onething, that’s a comforting response from your doctor. I do hope you feel better.
Old 06-15-2021, 10:49 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Wow I’m glad you heard back OneThing!

I had a pretty successful day…. Good coffee, good dog walk, therapy session was pretty solid (I was having a hard time thinking of my ex today), good breakfast and lunch, good outfit for work, body starting to feel a bit better here on my 21st day, ligaments and tendons starting to feel elastic again, muscles feeling less calcified, skin looking nicer, made plans to do some service work this week w my sponsor, had a great shift at work and we’ll make some money, a good friend told me she thought my ex was a jerk and I can do better, everyone at work is very cool about my new sobriety, got home and my dog didn’t have an accident, and now I’m eating cheese again just before bedtime.

Im back on my hibiscus concentrate with berry tea drink. I like to drink it out of stemware. I know this sounds really weird but I don’t pretend it’s wine or anything. I just need fancy things. I need to elevate delicious foods and drinks. My favorite thing right now is strawberry soda. Trying to slow down the sugar intake though hence the hibiscus. And the hibiscus helps your organs flush out apparently. Not good for pregnant people apparently. Plants are powerful.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:03 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Onething I’m so glad you’re managing to email with your doctor, that must be a relief. I hope things settle for you soon.

Phoebe that’s great that your new doc seems nice too!

Plenny I’ve heard that hibiscus tea is very good for you but I’ve never tried it.

I’m trying to get my cholesterol down without meds. I’m too scared to go back to the doctor for blood tests in case it hasn’t come down. My sober journey has been so up and down , and my diet has been crap, so chances are it hasn’t improved in the slightest… On a positive note though, I haven’t had a drink for 31 days, so tomorrow (17th) is the start of my second month without alcohol! And I’ve been taking fish oil capsules and eating oats for breakfast, both which are supposed to help lower cholesterol. Unfortunately I can’t seem to stop eating cheese, which is apparently not so good. I’m having skim milk in my coffee and tea which is good.
If anyone has any natural/dietary cholesterol lowering tips, please let me know
Old 06-16-2021, 07:49 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi friends! xxxxxxx
Sorry I've been scarce the last few days. New meds and adjusting to them has not been easy. I see the psychiatrist again today at 3:30 and will hopefully get it sorted out. All this just to see a therapist is crazy. Oh well, I'll do it and quit whining. Well, quit whining about this but I'll continue complaining about South Florida. I'm moving so I'll be busy looking at places in Sarasota today. And continue north. I'll just have to catch up later. Thankfully I'm sober.

So much love to you all!
Wendy
Old 06-16-2021, 08:06 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hope the appt goes well today dear kitten ❤️
Old 06-16-2021, 08:14 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Oh! Before I forget, the other day I was trying to catch up and one of you mentioned the Coming to Take you away song... I was little then but I remember it was from Dr. Demento's on Sunday night radio. Along with that Fish heads song. Roly Poly fish heads. Sorry, forgot how to spell.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:24 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hello all, and thanks so much for the encouragement.

Still in pain here, but I am waiting for some of meds to wear off so I can go to the pharmacy to pick up more meds. I believe that he will have prescribed me a steroid. There isn't a lot you can take for nerve pain.

Kittencat, I surely can relate about getting used to new meds. Just taking an extra Lyrica is hard for me. I really hate all these pills.

Willow, I know dairy can be hard to kick. I sure love it myself. I see my primary care doctor next week and I am sure I will be put back on cholesterol meds again. I have two brothers and we all have trouble with our cholesterol. My younger brother was taking shots of organic apple cider vinegar and swore that lowered his numbers some. Great on starting your second month!!!!!

Plenny, you are doing great on your exercising. I look forward to doing it myself. Hopefully soon. I do have to go by the grocery store today and I am going to look for some hibiscus tea with berry. That sounds so good.

I was 20 days sober yesterday! I think my husband is really wanting a drink. We talked last night and he said that maybe this weekend I would feel good enough to get in the hot tub and have some margaritas. I said NO. He was really trying his best to talk me into it, so I had to go through the whole speech that my drinking has gone too far and I am best not drinking at all. He tried. My okay would make it guilt free for him to drink. It is his decision.

I did mention to you guys that my son's wedding will be up in the mountains. I don't think I told you that it will be at a craft brewery that has a deck facing the mountains where they will be married. They have a whole package thing going on. I am thinking brewery, I can handle that, they will have NA drinks, I am sure. Son sent me a picture of the dresses that the mother's will be wearing and she wants me to go to one specific bridal shop and get my dress there. I am not paying over $200 for a dress I will only wear once and pay for minion alterations! These dresses she showed me were no sleeved, sequined and lace dresses that a younger woman would wear. They are all older then me. Plus one is champagne colored and the other taupe, which sure looked like brown to me. Holy cow! It looks like she is planning a royal wedding in a bar. It is funny, kind of. I sure will have something made more age appropriate and with a long sleeved jacket or long sleeves. I am now a Floridian and if gets 70 or below, I am freezing!

I hope everyone's day is going well. Sobriety has a way to make things better!

OneThing
Old 06-16-2021, 09:56 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Doing admin stuff at home today. It is very annoying but at least I don't feel totally buried and confused like I did when I was drinking. Honestly regular life stuff was TOO MUCH for my brain. I am atypically autistic, and managing all these things on my own is really overwhelming for me. My drinking was self medicating but yes also made everything harder. I KNOW it's an addiction because I KNOW it was making things harder yet I still chose it as my medication. In my ADD/autistic life, developing OCD-like systems is actually the only way I can get through life the way society expects us to. Cleanliness, rigid calendar keeping, things always living in the same place (I actually don't "see" things if they're not where they belong. Only ably to do like 2 things in one day.

So anyway, bill and admin time is really rough. I did buy a physical wall calendar so I can now just see and organize things right in front of me instead of on my phone. I need it on the wall by the desk.

Quitting alcohol can only help me slog through this neurotypical expectation of a society.