SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2021 Support thread Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/454222-class-may-2021-support-thread-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 06-11-2021 11:30 PM

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part 3

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-two-20.html

D

Willow00 06-11-2021 11:47 PM

Thanks for the new thread Dee :)
Are you feeling grumpy Dee? Oscar was my Mum’s favourite grouch :)

Phoebe and Suze I hadn’t heard of Ac1 either :) I’m glad yours is getting better Phoebe :)

Onething I hope you’re feeling a bit better today. Go easy on yourself and don’t push things too much. Hopefully the pain is a bit less every day.

Kitten and Dusty, I dropped from about 4 cups of coffee a day to one in the morning. And I drink more tea now. I seem to be sleeping a little better thank goodness.

Dusty I hope you’re being kind to yourself too :)

Free, the books you’re reading sound really motivational :)

Plenny how are you doing?

And Happy, are you going ok?

I’ve been feeling pretty low lately so I decided to treat myself today. I dyed my hair (just the regrowth as it was getting a bit dull looking). Then I went shopping and I bought some new hiking boots and camping gear today which I’m pretty excited about :) Hopefully I get a chance to use it all soon. We’re planning a camping trip for a few weeks time. It will be cold! It’s winter here and even though the days are warm, the nights are getting really chilly.
I’m home for the afternoon with a cup of tea (it’s nearly 5pm Sat afternoon here). I had a fleeting AV thought as I passed a liquor store on the way home, but I shoved the AV out the window and kept driving. I’m glad to be staying home tonight.

Dee74 06-12-2021 02:08 AM

No meaning to the avatar Willow :)

D

kittencat 06-12-2021 02:18 AM

Hmmm.. don’t know what Dee is taking about

kittencat 06-12-2021 02:22 AM

Willow, I cut my hair off. Really messed up in the back. It’s so short! Oh well, it grows back and I need to go to a hair place to fix it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

kittencat 06-12-2021 02:24 AM

Camping is so much fun! Go have some xx

kittencat 06-12-2021 02:26 AM

I’m going back to sleep, too early for me.

kittencat 06-12-2021 02:48 AM

Okay, now I’m thinking of camping. I used to go all the time… my dad passed and we no longer go. I think I’ll take one of nephews and go. He would love it!

phoebe64 06-12-2021 07:19 AM

Good morning Kitten. You were up early! How short did you cut your hair? It was quite long wasn’t it? I remember you once had your hair on your face for your avatar, if I’m remembering correctly. I used to cut my bangs, when I had them.

Plenny 06-12-2021 10:24 AM

Found you!

weekend shifts are busy busy. I’m tired.

so I got a sponsor! Never thought I’d say that. And I read chapter 1 of the Big Book. Never thought I’d do that. I underlined every part that I related to. Yeah I suspected I’d have a good bit in common. It is pretty good. Damn the stigma around addiction is so opaque, I feel almost ashamed now that I’m looking back through that one way mirror to the other side. Something has majorly changed in me. I’m in the observation room. I can see both rooms. The people in the room I was in before, they can only see their room. This is coming from someone who’s tried to change her relationship with alcohol for over 10 years. This reminds me of Plato’s cave in some ways. I will have to read again

thinking a lot about the cleansing properties of water in a physical and spiritual sense. And wondering if water is my higher power. Because of its presence at my turning points. Hopefully that will come out in some artistic way.

I hope the pain subsides soon for those of you in pain. It will be even better once it’s gone! The best feeling is new recovery!

venuscat 06-12-2021 10:30 AM

So happy you did that dear Plenny......got a sponsor. I hope she is wonderful. :)
And if you ever want to talk over any BB passages I am right here....I love that book.
(Brought my original one from 25 years ago with me when I moved here).

OneThingAtATime 06-12-2021 11:36 AM

Hello All,

I hope this post makes sense, there is no telling, because I don't feel like I am making much sense. I won't really post on here much for a bit.

I am in horrible pain. From 1-10, I am at a 25. I tried staying up some yesterday and sitting in my chair but it was way, way too much for me. I spent the evening laying flat in bed and it was horrid. I got desperate and took a Lyrca, 50 mg and it calmed the nerves down enough to sleep till 4 am, I then repeated with another pill.

I hate these things. I can't quite say I am sober. I think I know how a dementia patient might feel. I am spaced out and can't remember words. It is annoying and frustrating, but it is dulling the nerve pain some.

I called the doctor's office and this could, and probably will, last several weeks. I want to use a word that starts with F. I talked with a nurse and she said great to take the Lyrica and keep it at 2 times a day. It is mid day here and I could use another. I won't. Where he injected me is still very swollen also, even with me using ice. That is the only indication I have of a problem. The office will call me Monday and I will watch for a temperature, redness and the rest. Being swollen after 9 days seems a bit excessive to me.

So, I haven't drank! I can't quite call myself sober right now, but I have not drank. To think that I used to drink while taking these 😮. I will eventually get used to them and somewhat coherent at some point, but then I have to wean off them again. I hope that in weaning off AV doesn't wake up. AV is asleep right now.

I thought I would catch you up before I go back to bed. It is a good thing that I have plenty of books to read. We don't have TV in our bedroom. TV in the bedroom reminds my husband too much of a hotel room. Speaking of husband, he is a doll, but leaves for the west coast tomorrow. Thank God for my daughter! I got it right with one kid anyhow.

Plenny, great news on finding a sponsor! AA is wonderful when you find a group you fit into. When I am better I was thinking about finding one a few towns over. We do have one meeting around here. I know it is stupid, but the locals check to see which cars are parked at the church at meeting time. My own neighbor, two doors down is an alcoholic! The shame! I really wanted to tell the ladies when I first moved here that he is probably a recovering alcoholic and good for him for taking responsibility for himself. I really shouldn't care what they think, but this is where I am.

So I hope this makes sense, it is a ramble. I will keep up with you guys and certainly not drink. I hope I am done with this soon.

OneThing

venuscat 06-12-2021 11:44 AM

You are not rambling love and you are sober. :hug: s
You are taking medication prescribed for you and you are in huge pain.....we really get that. xx

I hope you don't stop posting here....you have friends who care and are with you every step. ❤️

(No tv in the bedroom for me either, I refuse :)).

phoebe64 06-12-2021 12:06 PM

Ugh, how awful for you Onething. Taking prescribed medication for a real medical issue is very reasonable. I sure hope this turns around and you get relief.

We do have a TV in the bedroom from when the kids were babies! I’d put it on with a Sesame Street video, plop the baby in the pack and play, and take my shower. Hubs will occasionally use it while on the elliptical trainer that’s in the bedroom. But, that’s actually broken. I don’t recall ever watching TV while in bed, though, lol.

Willow00 06-12-2021 03:01 PM

Oh Onething, I’m so sorry you’re in such pain. I really hope you keep posting. We’re here for you, and you made perfect sense. Don’t feel bad about taking the pain meds, that’s what it’s for, and especially for nerve pain. I hope you get checked by the doctor again on Monday . Or sooner if you need to.

We don’t have TV in the bedroom either. No way. Only in the loungeroom. Phoebe that makes sense why you would have a tv in the bedroom :)

Plenny that’s great you’ve got a sponsor! I know what you mean about the stigma. It shouldn’t matter but somehow it does. I don’t go to AA for that reason. I live in a smallish town far from elsewhere, and I try to stay anonymous. We really should get the help we need and not feel bad about it. But I totally hear you.

Kitten I hope you got some sleep! I definitely think you should take your nephew camping, what a lovely idea. I totally love camping. Mum used to take us as kids ❤️ It brings back such good memories :)

Sunday morning and Day 28 today! It’s been a while since I got to 4 weeks sober! :) :) :)

Willow00 06-12-2021 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by kittencat (Post 7648960)
Hmmm.. don’t know what Dee is taking about

That’s because I asked if he was grumpy because his new avatar is Oscar from Sesame Street who was always a grouch :lmao

dickensen 06-12-2021 03:46 PM

Phobe 64. Congratulations on your A1C blood sugar readings. 5.8 is an excellent number.

phoebe64 06-12-2021 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by dickensen (Post 7649334)
Phobe 64. Congratulations on your A1C blood sugar readings. 5.8 is an excellent number.

Thank you, Dickensen. 🙂

Willow00 06-12-2021 09:53 PM

Hi there Dickensen :wavey:

Plenny 06-13-2021 12:05 AM

OneThing, that sounds awful. I’m so sorry! And I agree w Suze you are sober and simply getting medical treatment. I have a dear friend who is sober and just had a hip replacement. They gave him oxy. For F’s sakes. He took it home and it was making his wife crazy. So he flushed them. I feel for everyone like us who is healing right now. I hope it’s over soon.

Thanks for all the pats on the back y’all. I was a raw nervous wreck until I met with her and we went to a meeting together. She’s also in the service industry, and seems to really understand my boundaries and need for space and one on one conversation. She understands I need the benefit of the doubt. Lots of cool synchronicity here too. The day she got back to town is my sobriety date for example. There were lots of other things too. Feels good

work was tough tonight. I’m so glad the shift is over. At one point the staff was rounding up shots because it was a tough night. A coworker came to me with a glass and I declined and was irritated but then they said they had poured me a ginger beer shot so I could toast with them! I was really happy! I love my crew

i have to get some kind of sleep tonight because I’m going to be at an art market with my friend, she makes beautiful earrings. I want to sell my art at this market starting next week hopefully, so I’m going to see what it’s like.

finally feeling like I’m getting back on track to where I was before the big breakup. Sigh. I really bottomed out when my heart was broken.