Notices

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part 3

Old 06-18-2021, 08:57 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Oh… I’ve been posting from my phone where those choices are not offered. Thank you! ❤️
Old 06-18-2021, 09:02 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

oh yes....I forget how it works from my phone
Old 06-18-2021, 10:19 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
oh yes....I forget how it works from my phone
I bought a new laptop and this M1 is so much faster and different than my old one I have no idea what I’m doing on it. Apple classes are filled.. try back later. insert eye roll please.

Oh! What I needed to tell all of you about my anxiety Friday? night? The guy I was dating told me I had 2 weeks to get out of his home. Of course he was completely wasted. A day and half later I had to explain we were good friends, I was moving in as a roommate. Nothing more. We love and care for each other but not in any romantic way.

Anyway, he never yells or anything so I just went to bed and cried. He was wasted and holding me in spoon position and kept rubbing up against until I wakened told him to stop and he didn’t. I no longer feel able to even sleep in the same home without major anxiety. So… yeah. I need my own place now. He apologized the next day and values my friendship so I don’t have to hurry. It will continue to be in the back of my mind though.

That was probably why I posted moving to Sarasota and northwards a few days ago. I felt relief! But until we determine what is happening with my mother I can only move where an Amtrak (I love) or airport is near enough that I can leave at a moment’s notice.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:42 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Way past time to change my avatar… hmmm
Old 06-18-2021, 12:39 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I shared TMI, sorry 😞. Nothing happened, I took my pillows and blanket and slept on the sofa. It still scares me a bit though.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:42 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

(((kitten))) ❤️

Sorry, I was in a rush before.... s
I was thinking that the couch might be the best option.
I guess living with this guy/friend isn't exactly what you wanted. Is it temporary? xxx
Old 06-18-2021, 01:00 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

(((kitten))) ❤️

Sorry, I was in a rush before.... s
I was thinking that the couch might be the best option.
I guess living with this guy/friend isn't exactly what you wanted. Is it temporary? xxx
Yes, it is temporary. Visiting restrictions are being lifted slightly so right now I'm focused on visiting my mom. My sisters are focused on themselves which means I need to marry Marcos immediately. lollz.. I am so different from them it's unbelievable. I promised my daddy I would never a man unless he was good, kind, loving and would cherish me. My father passed away a few years ago but I will honor his words. I promised him and myself.

Anyway, I'm sharing a lot and I need a moment. x
Old 06-18-2021, 01:05 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Of course.....just breathe ❤️
Old 06-18-2021, 01:23 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Of course.....just breathe ❤️
I am, pranayama happens naturally so I’m good there. x
Old 06-18-2021, 01:30 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I’m okay love, no need to babysit. x
As soon as I get a car that folds back flatly, I’m out of here. I’ll visit my mom every month but I can’t and won’t stay here. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 06-18-2021, 01:41 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hey (((everybody)))

things are chugging along. Went to a meeting at the detox center last night. It really threw me back to my adolescence. It was really good to be there with the people trying to clean up and get on their feet. It was gratifying to see that our existence gave them a little hope. Just to know that my little story could give someone another door to open. I highly recommend it for anyone who goes to meetings.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

That is lovely Plenny ❤️
Old 06-18-2021, 01:48 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds great Plenny

Hope you can make the move soon KC - I would not feel safe in that situation either.

D
Old 06-18-2021, 02:25 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I was replying to Dee and everything went weird ..
Old 06-18-2021, 04:20 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hahaha I think groovy is a groovy word too And I want beaded curtains too! Oh I adored them

Suze my Mum couldn’t stand Neil either

Thanks Phoebe, I managed to fend off my workmates disappointment at me for not “getting on it” with them last night (despite me having already told them I wouldn’t be drinking, one of them seemed to think she would be able to change my mind). I stuck to sparkling water and had a really delicious dinner.

Have a lovely trip Phoebe. J’s family sound lovely. A big hug for his Mum will be lovely ❤️ My partner’s family is really nice too, although they do drink a fair bit. We haven’t seen either of our families in so long (over 2 years now) because of Covid. I miss them all.

Onething, your Petey sounds like our Petey ❤️ he absolutely loves attention and will get right in your face with head butts to make sure he gets it lol. And my partner sounds like your husband, strolling around the house and talking about things he wants to get done. He always wants to get things done too. And occasionally things actually get done! He’s a builder, and also very busy at work, so there are lots of half finished projects at our place. He likes to walk around and tell me what he’s going to do with each one. I don’t often mention that I may have heard that once or fifty times before

And I have a tendency to write novels in my posts too Onething

Kitten, your porch and your kitty are both gorgeous ❤️ I hope you find a new place to live soon, you need to feel safe and comfortable in your home

Plenny I’m glad the meeting went well

Thanks Dee, yes I checked out the latest info. And Onething I totally agree that Covid vaccination is really important. As Suze said, they had just changed the recommendations in Aus for my age group, to not have AZ because of the blood clot risks, but to have Pfizer instead. In Canada they’re now recommending Pfizer as the second after the AZ, with preliminary results showing strong immunity, but that’s not the recommendation in Australia. Not yet, anyway. I’ll see what my doc says. The pharmacist yesterday said exactly what you said Dee and he recommended I get the second AZ jab, which is the only one available for me for now because I’ve had the first one already. I’m booked in for my second shot in 4 weeks time.

I actually feel rather yuck today, headachey and achey and blah, but that’s most likely from my flu shot yesterday. Thank goodness I don’t have a hangover on top! All of my workmates will no doubt be nursing headaches today from drinking last night. Luckily I have a quiet weekend ahead. I’m actually still in bed. I won’t be doing much today methinks…
Old 06-18-2021, 08:18 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Oh, Kitten, that sounds very uncomfortable and stressful. I hope you can get to a better living situation soon. There are resources if you decide you really aren’t safe. Safety is paramount. Hugs.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:32 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Willow, glad you had a decent time last night. Hope the flu shot yuck passes quickly. I understood your concern because of the news of the blood clots in women between certain ages. Hopefully in the 4 weeks time, there’s better information to aid your decision about which one is best for you.

Well, I’m in bed. It was a lovely visit with J’s mother, sister, and her partner. Partner is a wonderful cook, so we had a great healthy dinner. J’s mom was offering wine or beer at her place. She and J had a Guinness. Here, at sister-in-law’s home, they knew I wasn’t drinking, so I wasn’t offered. But, they all drank, and boy, do they love to talk about drinking. That’s what makes it challenging, but, it wasn’t offered, and honestly, I kept thinking of how my gut felt last time I fell off. It’s just not something I want to do because I know I will feel awful. If I hadn’t have said I wasn’t drinking, it might have been harder to stick it out. Knowing it wasn’t an option, gave me more time to think it through, and then the urge passed.

It’s going to be challenging, with more of the same tomorrow and Sunday. Seeing different people each day. The big graduation party is Sunday.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:47 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Phoebe, stay strong, and come here when you need support. The AV can jump on us fiercely at any time. And especially when we’re amidst social activities and people are drinking around us. Last night I did have fleeting thoughts of a drink, especially when the girl next to me ordered wine. But I was designated driver which really helps. I have an important birthday party coming up in a couple of weeks, and I think I will be designated driver again. If I wasn’t driving, I don’t know how easy it would be to remain strong against the AV. I don’t want to test it out at this early stage either.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:55 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Oh, Kitten, that sounds very uncomfortable and stressful. I hope you can get to a better living situation soon. There are resources if you decide you really aren’t safe. Safety is paramount. Hugs.
Thank you! xxo

I don’t feel safe. And I need to feel safe like you wouldn’t believe.

That and being able to read books is all I need. Well, I’ll need a little backyard where I can plant my favorites. Fragrant and beautiful is my thing.

I turned down all my past boyfriends, but I think I want to get married now. I want to belong to someone that takes care of me. And holds my hand when I’m dying.

Old 06-19-2021, 05:22 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

And I already have my ring. My grandma’s.