# 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So this is my latest 'groovy garden light'

https://i.imgur.com/YL0hAuF.jpg?1
oh my goodness, it’s beautiful!! ❤️
Old 06-17-2021, 02:28 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I got a lovely Vera Bradley toiletry/cosmetics bag. Those are always useful, and the print is sort of brachytherapy/summery. Her college is on the ocean, plus it’s summer here. I’ll try to find a few things to put into it, and give it with some money in the card too. These are very good lifelong friends, man is from hubs childhood and the families were close grownup. They are really like family. 💕
Phoebe, I had to google brachytherapy, and I don’t understand how it’s a design? Is it like a radiocative kind of lightning or something? Summery storms maybe? That sounds kinda groovy too. Now I’ve got groovy on my brain It sounds like a lovely gift for a lovely family friend ❤️
Old 06-17-2021, 02:30 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

(I did not google but also have no clue )
Old 06-17-2021, 02:31 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Sooo I have the day off work today, thankfully! I’m booked in to get my flu shot at the pharmacy, but the AV is screaming at me to drink and I’m thinking perhaps I really should talk to a doctor.
I’m not entirely sure if I’m supposed to talk about this here, but it’s really worrying me and triggering the AV.
So I had my first Astra Zeneca Covid jab about 6 weeks ago, because it was the only one available to me and recommended by our health care system and govt in Australia for over 50s. We couldn’t get any other as they’ve reserved the Pfizer for the under 50s.
But I just heard, that this week they changed the game plan and have said that now they’re only recommending AZ for over 60s because of another death, (this time a 52 year old woman), with blood clots following the AZ jab. There have been a few. I’m just not sure where that leaves me now at 52 and having had one AZ jab and I was due to have the second one before I travel interstate to see aging family members in August. Now I think that I won’t be getting the second one, but switching over to the Pfizer one, which is now recommended for under 60s. But it’s not available in GP clinics out where I live so I really don’t know. And I haven’t seen my family in sooooo long, and I don’t want to even think about cancelling my flights. I miss my family so much, especially since Mum and Dad died

To be honest, the whole situation is causing me massive anxiety, and the AV is telling me to just have a drink to ease the worry. I KNOW that’s not going to help.
I’m still in bed and can’t face getting up. I think I need to ring up and make a GP appointment.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:36 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

We need to talk about the things that directly affect us s

OK...bottom line, as of right now the way things stand (re the Astra Zeneca vacc discussion in Aus today) I agree that you should wait and talk to your doctor.
It was a one in a many million situation, but yes, you are that age ,and yes, they changed the recommendation there today.

My thoughts. ❤️
Old 06-17-2021, 02:38 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Yes I will call the doctor once it opens and see if I can get an appointment. Thanks Suze
I’m just feeling overwhelmed at the moment
Old 06-17-2021, 02:39 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

It's OK love.....breathe.....you don't have to do anything till you talk to your GP. xxxx
Old 06-17-2021, 03:54 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Phoebe, I had to google brachytherapy, and I don’t understand how it’s a design? Is it like a radiocative kind of lightning or something? Summery storms maybe? That sounds kinda groovy too. Now I’ve got groovy on my brain It sounds like a lovely gift for a lovely family friend ❤️

😂😂😂. Autocorrect! Beachy/summery, 😂

Im not sure if Vera Bradley is just a USA designer. It’s a line of various bags in a vast array of print fabrics. I’m not entirely sure if they are trendy among the younger set anymore, but it’s a cute bag, regardless.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:59 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Oh Willow, that’s very stressful! I agree with V. Check with your GP about your best options.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:03 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

So, J’s sister(going to refer to hubs as J, it’s easier, lol) texted him about dinner tomorrow and asked if I prefer red or Chardonnay this time of year. He checked with me, and I said tell them not to get me wine, seltzer will be good. He told her, “She’s trying not to drink alcohol”, and mentioned the seltzer. So that’s out of the way! She responded with, “Good for her, seltzer it is!”
So, it also makes me accountable, as well as hopefully eliminates all the offers of a drink. Her partner gets out the Irish Whiskey too. But, now they know I’m not drinking. 🙂
Old 06-17-2021, 05:16 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I think that's awesome phoebes. ❤️
Old 06-17-2021, 05:30 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

There’s not really any stigma to it in their family. They do love to drink, but, they know I struggle with my weight and blood sugar.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:48 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze and Phoebe, I’m ok now. I was just having a bit of a meltdown this morning, but I have things in perspective again. And I didn’t give in to the stupid slimy AV. Boy it really strikes when we’re vulnerable!

Phoebe that’s great that you have pre-organised seltzer. I have a work do tonight, and I’ve already told them I won’t be drinking. I’m designated driver
Old 06-17-2021, 07:15 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

That’s a good plan, Willow. I hope it’s an enjoyable evening.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:25 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Thanks I’m looking forward to the yummy food that I don’t have to cook!
Old 06-17-2021, 10:05 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

Willow
if you've had your first AZ and no complications with it, the advice is to get your second.
The incidence of any nasty side effects is much lower with this second dose, based on world wide figures to hand.

Of course, its your call, and I'm no substitute for your GP but I checked all this out for myself and went to the ATAGI site and Qld Health and will be getting my second dose on the 29th

The odds are still far greater COVID would knock me around badly if I was unvaccinated.

D
Old 06-18-2021, 05:38 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So this is my latest 'groovy garden light'

Beautiful, Suze!
Old 06-18-2021, 05:48 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Willow, hope the evening was good and you enjoyed the food. Hope the AV stayed away.

I was up early, packing car, making sandwiches for the trip, which is 5 hours driving. J drives. I might nap, lol. Just checking in as I have coffee before we go.

I’m a bit anxious, because traveling. But, we’re excited to see J’s mom, who’s getting on in years, and give her a big hug! He has a very nice, loving family. I did get lucky there.

Hope everyone has a good day/night.

Hey, kitten, I hope you’re feeling better today. 💕