Notices

Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 2

Old 06-30-2020, 11:02 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Wanted today to be productive, beginning of the second half of the year at all. But I hurt my back from sleeping funny on Saturday night and it's still too sore to clean or anything. Not a great start to the second half of 2020. Oh well, at least I'm on day 7.

Re-reading More, Now, Again by Elizabeth Wurtzel. Addiction really seems like the dumbest thing when you're on the outside looking in. I suppose that's how you guys feel when I post about drinking hand sanitiser.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:09 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Addiction is the dumbest thing. Sucks that it is so prolific among humans. Thanks Dee for the sentiment. The day ended up being great once I got a red bull in me
Old 06-30-2020, 11:28 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Gone In

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Wanted today to be productive, beginning of the second half of the year at all. But I hurt my back from sleeping funny on Saturday night and it's still too sore to clean or anything. Not a great start to the second half of 2020. Oh well, at least I'm on day 7.

Re-reading More, Now, Again by Elizabeth Wurtzel. Addiction really seems like the dumbest thing when you're on the outside looking in. I suppose that's how you guys feel when I post about drinking hand sanitiser.
I used to drink mouthwash, I get it when you talk about hand sanitizer. That was 10 years ago, you can come out of it
Old 07-01-2020, 12:41 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Lord I need a drink but I don't want to throw away seven days. And the only thing at my disposal is hand sanitizer Going to go to meeting in three hours
​​​​​​
Old 07-01-2020, 01:02 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nah noone needs a drink that's just AV nonsense FF...whatever is ailing you can be better fixed by not drinking I proimise

D
Old 07-01-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Welcome Ekohe and Cute

Hope you’re ok Puck

Congratulations on 30 days Basejumper, that’s awesome!

Hang in there Max and Freedom. We want you to stay with us. Like Dee says, its the AV talking, telling you to drink, it’s not the real you, and not what you really want for yourself.

Thanks Bob And everyone
I couldn’t do this without you guys. We’re all in this together
Just winding up day 8 with a cup of herbal tea
Goodnight everyone
Old 07-01-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Well it's morning where I am so good day to you all! Congrats Base on 30 days, and Max glad you're feeling better. Hope your day today is better too.

I don't know about addiction being dumb - to me it's sad, painful, infuriating, cruel...just so many things but not dumb. It plays some kind of major role or none of us would dance with the devil for so long, for so many times. I try not to judge others, because I don't know what pain or circumstances or even innocent attempt led someone to where they are. I don't think anyone would choose addiction. I think it can feel dumb, at least for me, but then that means I'm letting myself get into a shame spiral which my AV just loves. I've been trying to figure out my own process I suppose, and when I rack up all the days /months/years of getting absolutely out of control dumb feels like it's oversimplification. Just my 2 cents in the early morning - thinking outloud if you will.

May be checking in more today as I've got some feelings already that are concerning. Won't write a novel about it but they're there. Stay strong and happy to have us all here. 1st of July!
Old 07-01-2020, 04:46 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Awesome post darling dizzy. s ❤️
Old 07-01-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

You know, hand sanitiser is a cleaning product. Please try and think of it this way dear ff....t is never at your disposal.
Just like you wouldn't drink AJAX or toilet cleaner.....really. Even if they don't have any alcohol it's not the point.
You would be poisoned. Which is what you are doing when you drink hand cleaner. It is not an option. Said with love. ❤️
Old 07-01-2020, 05:26 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Great post, dizzybee.

Not too much to add this morning. Entering day 12. Really glad to wake up refreshed and looking forward to the day. Yesterday, I felt a bit off in the late afternoon/evening, but I took the dog for a walk with my husband, was able to talk through my stuff with him, and felt better.

One of my triggers is being overwhelmed with life/household responsibilities. I just have to let go of what is not that important right now. I can’t do it all. Just can’t. I’m going to tackle a little bit inside today since it’s going to be another hot one here. I will not drink today.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:30 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

I share some of those feelings love. I seem to have way more to do than I am able to manage even though there are just two of us. So many household chores, and other things to attend to, and I also talk it all over with my husband.

Another hot hot hot one here too, and I am also going to tackle the inside, mostly. I must stake my butterfly bushes though....they are suddenly enormous, purple flowers that are big and lovely. s ❤️
Old 07-01-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Thanks, Venus. Always helps to know I’m not alone in feelings this way.

How’s everyone doing today? I’m doing very well and getting more accomplished than I have in the last month. Feeling better. Feeling grateful. Enjoying life. So why do I have to think about wine? Why does it tell me somehow my life would be better with the stuff? I know the answer to this, but it helps to type out what I’m feeling. Wine ruins me, I heal and then it wants to pull me away from the blessings and gifts only to return to the nightmare. I’m awake. Will not relive that one, thank you very much.

Really hoping these thoughts become more and more distant. I’m trusting the old timers who say they do.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:43 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hey Jewel - I keep having sneaky flashes of drinking thoughts today, too. Like even at 10 am my time, and I didn't regularly drink at 10am. I just had a junk food session which I guess is another way of trying to meet some need. I don't know why these flashes emerge like you're talking about, but I know I get them too. I don't even know what day I'm on...day 10. Trying to take it moment by moment. Staying distracted is helping, and checking in here does too. I wonder how long it takes until those thoughts become more distant?

Venus, these flowers and butterfly bushes sound amazing. Nature is the best!
Old 07-01-2020, 12:51 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Because your brain is craving the alcohol love. So it is telling you things to make you drink....wine is beautiful, filled with love....makes everything soooooooooo good......

It isn't true though.

So as time goes on and we don't give in to those cravings, they recede....and that annoying voice just slinks away into the corner.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:59 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Yes Dizzy, and lazy Suze must take photos before it gets so hot it all sizzles.

So yes....cravings for anything you are denying yourself will manifest in lots of different ways.....you know what it's like when you just go on a diet? (like I just have)....you can't stop thinking about food....everything is a trigger....my husband is making too much noise above my head in the office....but a cup of tea and some biscuits would make me feel better. Err what? I am not even hungry.

I am denying myself and my brain chemistry is not happy about that. Yet. So I am getting all sorts of misfires and weird notices from said brain informing me that food is the answer to all of my problems today. Hmm. It is so not.

But obviously I am not in withdrawal and going through anything hard here....it is just a diet after all....but our brains are sneaky and will find ways to make us keep thinking about the food or the wine or the beer.....and it gets maddening.

But it goes away. I am betting in two or three days I will be the salad queen again and i will no longer be thinking abut poppy seed bagels with creamed cheese and smoked salmon.

The alcohol cravings go away....and sometimes they come back.....but they always go away again if we do not give into them.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:21 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

That really helps, Venus. Thank you! Just need to be reminded of this, probably on a daily basis, while I’m newly sober again.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:41 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

That does really help, Suze/Venus! I love the image of the voice slinking away. Right now it's like a jack in the box, just popping up out of nowhere like surprise! Remember wine? Pink or white? Too hot for red. And I'm like, whoa, where is this coming from! It catches me off guard and it takes a lot of effort to refocus. Thankful that I can for now.

Still a bit worried about seeing family this weekend. Although not everyone drinks, those that do - REALLY do.

Where's the rest of our class today? Would love checkins from you all.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:57 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I would make sure I have alcohol free coloured drinks on hand.....the colour makes me happy.....I like cranberry juice with sparkling mineral water. Maybe buy up and take it wherever you need to go this weekend. Just a thought.

Just took a couple of quick pics for you.

Bit of a hot wilted mess out there right now.....
Old 07-01-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh they're so pretty!!! Love the variety. How great are purple flowers?! I mean come on, they're the best

Good call on the brining my own drinks thing, maybe I'll see if I can find something purple!
Old 07-01-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hello everyone day 4. Finally got some sleep (i think..do we ever really know in the beginning) feelin a lil more like myself. This seems like a real good group A lil about me since I'm more with it now. This last bender ended in a Motel. They usually do as I don't want anyone to try to steal my booze pretty much. I would say its up there in my Top 3 worst. Im a gay guy (duh haha) and from Southern California. These past two years have been ROUGH as I stated in my OP on here. I had gone 6 months before this last one with a half drink slip (I threw it out midway cuz It made me sick) I'm just done.