Notices

Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 2

Old 07-02-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Good Morning from California everyone! Hello all. Made it to day 5. This is when stuff starts normalizing for me after a bender for me. I know I won't have any issue this weekend. Whereas normally If I didn't have a bender I definitely would've been considering it knowing me. Just trying to get to 100% again right now. I def slept the best I have so far..still not great, but better.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:53 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

I am only one day removed from this class so ill post here and in July. I can't keep up with any other class threads! Glad to hear everyone is doing good. Despite my slip yesterday and the days starting over I didn't drink hardly anything so no hangover, no change in sleep or withdrawals or anything. Feeling good. AV literally lost its last major thing to hold on too. I don't doubt it will be back with something but my OCD is appeased so I am happy.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:46 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Good for you Max! I know what u mean by getting sick after a little though.. that was me with my slip in my six months.. I had like half a can of one of those new drinks cuz i was curious and was like ugh.. and dumped it...I think imma post in both too Max. One in the AM and the other in the PM. With random here and there posts
Old 07-02-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Sounds good CNGY! Great job with your sobriety.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:46 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

wrappimg up day 13. Went for 3 walks today so I’m kind of tired. One with a friend, one with my boys, and one with hubby. I consider that a wonderful day. Didn’t get too much done on the list, but I’m ok with that. Taking it easy and pursuing sobriety above all else right now.

I love reading your posts. Thanks for being out there and sharing your journey. It’s so helpful. G’night....zzzzz
Old 07-02-2020, 10:31 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone! Had a good day of recovery yesterday. Went to two AA meetings and shared at one. Reached out to an AA member by text, re-read the first half or so of More, Now, Again by Elizabeth Wurtzel and went to sleep listening to an AA speaker. 6:28am now, heading to a Step meeting at 7:30am. It's pretty much like rehab at home with how much recovery **** I'm getting in. I'll try and keep this up for a while and taper off as I get more secure in my recovery.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:33 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Staying at a resort this weekend but am going to stay away from the bar if possible. My partner has his beers in the fridge in our room so hopefully won’t want to go to the bar..... I just had a cup of tea and I got some cranberry juice too and put it in the fridge for later. I’m on day 10 and it’s early days to be staying somewhere like a resort! But everything has opened up here as there are no Covid cases here, and we had been stuck home so long that I agreed to a weekend away to get out of the house for a change. The complimentary champagne on arrival had the AV chattering away but I told it in no uncertain terms where to go!
Old 07-03-2020, 03:14 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

I am dying to know what resort you are in/at.....I have images of the Whitsundays dancing in my head.
You know.....you could ask them to take the champagne out of the room....I have done that before. s
Old 07-03-2020, 04:15 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - starting day 12. Willow that champagne might have been the end of me - great job staying focused and strong. Also I'm a little jealous that you are in a covid-free place - I live in a dumb dumb USA state with cases super on the rise. Oh well.

Freedom keep up what you're doing. Rehab at home but without the price tag! You're doing great.

Max, Cute, Jewel, Bobdrop, Spybee...who else is with us? I agree that it's so helpful reading everyone's experiences. I've been so tired and sleeping like a champ recently so prioritizing that is a big help. Can't believe it's a holiday weekend here and I'll be going for it without drinking. My plan is to keep to my sleep schedule, keep exercising as much as possible, make sure I eat, and chat more with the family nondrinkers.

Happy Friday y'all. Make it count!
Old 07-03-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Great job, Freedom. That is such good recovery stuff!

It’s funny (or really humbling) but I used to balk at “recovery talk” Meetings, support, sponsors, slogans, etc. But now I get it and I embrace it. I hope that means I’m really on my way to sobriety for life. It is hard work and I can’t imagine going it alone. I go to a Christian version of AA. Very scriptural so that might turn some off, but it’s just what I need. It’s called RE:generation. I love the healing that comes from God’s word and others who have gone before me.

Willow, I’ll be thinking of you this weekend. You can continue to say no to the alcohol and you’ll be proud when you return home. Stay strong and enjoy the resort.

I am committing to sobriety today. That will put me at 2 weeks. I’m going to go meet some ladies this morning for a little fellowship, than I’ll hang out with the family. Good day, all!

Old 07-03-2020, 06:12 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I am just past 30 days and feeling pretty good. AV still comes and goes when I don't expect it but learning to tell it to shut up.
Hi Willow68! Good job on passing on the champagne. I am not sure I can trust myself yet but we are still locked down here so I haven't had much temptation like that. Most of my planned vacations have been canceled which at this point might be a good thing.
Have a happy, sober weekend everyone!
Old 07-03-2020, 07:17 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Congrats dear Willow2020!!! ❤️
Old 07-03-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone ! Day 6. Like everyone else said good job Willow on passing on the temptation!!!
congrats on 30 Willow2020! That's a huuuuge feat! Today we're having a few over for a family friends birthday and I know I'm gonna feel a bit awkward cuz they all pretty much know of my bender as most texted me to make sure I was ok during it. I'm sure I'll be unphased cuz that's just how I am but it's weird to think about Hope everyone stays strong and sober this weekend
Old 07-03-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 30 willow2020 and on 6 days CAGY, 2 weeks Jewel and 12 days Dizzybee

D
Old 07-03-2020, 08:50 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Good morning. It's day 10. AV was pretty quiet yesterday. I find if I'm busy the AV is quiet so I've been keeping myself occupied with study and recovery activities. Doing free online courses in Philosophy and Buddhism to get back into the swing of study before college in September. And going to meetings, listening to AA speakers, reading the big book etc. If I'm busy I'm not thinking of drinking.

It's 4:50am now. Have a meeting at 7:30am. Going to study until then.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:27 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
thanks for the encouragement

Congratulations on 30 days Willow2020, that’s fantastic!

I’m on day 11. There’s alcohol everywhere! Cocktails listed on the wall where we had breakfast and the waiter wanting us to order them with brekkie. Nooooo! Coffee instead thanks. The AV was getting excited but I shut it down and got out of there as quick as we could.
Yes we’re on the coast Suze, north of the Whitsundays. It’s a beautiful part of the world. But everything seems focused around partying and alcohol. Probably not a good choice for early sobriety.... But I’m developing some sober muscles that’s for sure!
Old 07-04-2020, 03:09 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Made it through Saturday with loads of partying drinking people everywhere. Phew. Bedtime, for which I’m very grateful right now. Goodnight everyone
Old 07-04-2020, 03:14 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

FF-Congrats on 10 days! Willow 11!

On day 34 and had a rough night. Very irritable and didn't get much sleep at all, so now it's July 4th with lots of plans(mostly food related) and I feel like crap. Found myself breathing funny last night and started wondering if I had it. Truth is, I breathe funny a lot anyway and I'm starting to wonder if this is all just a concocted situation being put together in my mind to send me to a **** it moment and drink for the holiday. I think it is possible. I can be a devious person
Old 07-04-2020, 03:19 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats FF and willow

its possible BD - but if you're aware of it, you can beat it

D
Old 07-04-2020, 05:09 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Bobdrop, don’t let the fact that it’s a holiday suck you back in to the vicious cycle. I hear that AV in your post. Think about everything you’ve gained as a result of the last month’s sobriety. You are doing so well!

Happy Independence Day to my American friends! Going to celebrate low key today; go for a run this morning, take my pup to the groomer, then cook out steaks and burgers with the family. Fireworks were cancelled in my area, so we’ll just hang out in the back yard and enjoy the evening.

Day 15 and I’m committing to another sober day.