View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 12:59 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
venuscat

Yes Dizzy, and lazy Suze must take photos before it gets so hot it all sizzles.

So yes....cravings for anything you are denying yourself will manifest in lots of different ways.....you know what it's like when you just go on a diet? (like I just have)....you can't stop thinking about food....everything is a trigger....my husband is making too much noise above my head in the office....but a cup of tea and some biscuits would make me feel better. Err what? I am not even hungry.

I am denying myself and my brain chemistry is not happy about that. Yet. So I am getting all sorts of misfires and weird notices from said brain informing me that food is the answer to all of my problems today. Hmm. It is so not.

But obviously I am not in withdrawal and going through anything hard here....it is just a diet after all....but our brains are sneaky and will find ways to make us keep thinking about the food or the wine or the beer.....and it gets maddening.

But it goes away. I am betting in two or three days I will be the salad queen again and i will no longer be thinking abut poppy seed bagels with creamed cheese and smoked salmon.

The alcohol cravings go away....and sometimes they come back.....but they always go away again if we do not give into them.