Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 2

Old 07-01-2020, 02:49 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I hope you never ever end up in a motel again protecting your booze love. s
And day 4 is wonderful. ❤️
Old 07-01-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Look at this....blueberry juice.

I adore purple flowers....as you do Dizzy....how can you not?
Old 07-01-2020, 03:10 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

me either Venus.. me either. Its very selfish when people around me need me so. Every bender is a gamble. God has been watching over me. I must be here for a reason. <3
Old 07-01-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I know that feeling.
I survived a good few things I shouldn't have.
So let's be life..... ❤️
Old 07-01-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I know that feeling.
I survived a good few things I shouldn't have.
So let's be life..... ❤️
Love that. I truly am a crazy outgoing funny person without Booze.. Booze makes me the exact opposite. Gotta hate addiction.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Absolutely. A bad design all around. Whose idea was that anyway? s
We can be the people we were meant to be.....I am working on it..... xx ❤️
Old 07-01-2020, 07:59 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

End of day 12. In bed with my pup, and handful of jelly belly’s and La Croix. This afternoon I decided to go have me time in a safe way. I told my husband my plan and he watched my location to be sure I followed through. Went to get a coffee then went for a run on this lovely shaded path near a forest preserve. Just 2 weeks ago I spent most afternoons going out alone to purchase and drink wine then tried figure out how to sneak the rest of it in the house. Oh, the measures I would take. Pathetic. Addiction stinks.

I like this current version of me a whole lot better.

good night/good morning, friends. Sleep well or have a wonderful day.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:56 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. Had a slip today. The AV just wouldn't let up on this whole quit on my terms excuse so I gave in and removed its final excuse. Now it has no teeth. I have an exact time and date (Which honestly I had before I am pretty sure) but I remember this last time. Also, I kinda like this July 1st quit date. It really was an OCD thing that I couldn't get over. Long story short. Might have had 4 shots MAYBE and honestly couldn't even drink more. The crap was nasty and my body just wasn't having it. It definitely ended the AV's last excuse that it could pull on me and YUCK I couldn't even drink if I wanted too. Anyway, quit date starts over but it almost feels like I didn't even drink. Didn't even feel it and poured the nasty **** down the sink. Not going to count the early days again. I won't be having withdrawals or anything. Almost like it didn't happen but it did. Anyway, I will stay and chat but I guess I am a July quitter now.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:09 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Sorry you drank MaxD.

Day 8 here, Heading to a zoom AA meeting in 20 minutes.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:13 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank Max.
Make sure you come here before the next feeble AV excuse gets served up, man.

You have every reason in the world to stay sober.
This is high stakes.

D
Old 07-01-2020, 11:16 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Stay strong and keep moving forward. At least you didn’t drink a ton and you showed yourself you are able to call the shots, by pouring them down the sink. I’ve had a few times where I did the same, just be aware of that voice and know you can tell it to shut up. Also, don’t dwell on the slip up, it happens a lot when people are quitting something, cigs, junk foods, pretty much every addiction. I’m on day 5, it’s not hard right now, but the 2 week mark is when it gets rough for me. My best friend is on 6 months now and says the AV gets way less, goes days without even thinking about drinking and he was a heavy/daily drinker.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:18 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I never really share at AA meetings and I think that has to change this morning. I want to share at my meeting in 20 minutes but I don't really know what to share?
Old 07-01-2020, 11:38 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I think in the long run it will be a good thing. It will help quiet the AV. I couldn't even barely drink it was so nasty. I am not down on myself. Getting down on ourselves does no good. I shut it down quick with barely a buzz. Granted it was easy because my body just wasn't having it. There is no romanticizing alcohol anymore. I am just over the taste and am shuddering thinking about it right now. Snuck by on that one. Going to bed.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:21 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I never really share at AA meetings and I think that has to change this morning. I want to share at my meeting in 20 minutes but I don't really know what to share?
I couldn't think of anything to share. I can never think of anything to share at meetings. The 11:45am meeting is quieter so maybe I'll share there.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:13 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Great posts everyone ❤️
I just caught up on everything, and now I’m too tired to say much other than I love reading all your posts, I love coloured drinks too (and now I have to try blueberry juice!) and I hope you still hang out with us in June Max

Night night everyone xx
oh I think I just finished day 9... zzzzzzz
Old 07-02-2020, 05:00 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I couldn't think of anything to share. I can never think of anything to share at meetings. The 11:45am meeting is quieter so maybe I'll share there.
Well I shared at the 11:45am meeting. I wish the recovery movement wasn't so centered around public speaking. :/
Old 07-02-2020, 05:02 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hello Spybee and everyone. s

FF love ~ you can share about how important this is for you, and that you are taking steps to change your life and go back to school. I bet you will get plenty of support. s ❤️
Old 07-02-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Max, Right back at it. Too much to lose if you give it any more time. We’re here for you.

Freedom, Just say how you feel. Sometimes just speaking out loud about our struggles to a group is healing in some way. I know zoom isn’t the same as in person, but it’s all we have right now and we need other people. You are doing great just by attending. Keep moving forward.

Hi Willow68! Hope you slept well.

Good morning, Cute!

Morning Bobdrop, Lixie, Hewson, dizzybee, Base jumper, spybee, and anyone else still reading. Sorry if im
missing you. I think we need a roll call for the June class!

Sipping coffee and journaling. I’m off to walk with a friend this morning. She is the one I confessed to last time and I can now share with her I have almost 2 weeks of sobriety. That’s about all for today. My boys get to start baseball practice tonight (delayed season due to covid) and they are thrilled.

love to all and a good day/evening
Old 07-02-2020, 05:57 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - good to see so many people checking in. Max, I'm sorry you drank but really glad you jumped right back on, where you need to be. Cute, I often have wondered how my guardian angels put up with me and just hope they don't retire lol. And Freedom, yeah it is tough to start speaking up but I think it's one of those things where if you just do it, then do it again, and again, it gets a little easier. Proud of you for taking a risk today.

I'm meant to be in a major work zone today so will be trying to stay focused. Still nervous about the weekend - and won't have as many opportunities to check in - but going to align myself with the non drinkers and hope that works.

I find it strange that we can all reach these horrid bottoms or benders and feel like death and shame and then - give it a little time - it's like, huh maybe it's not so bad. So I guess I feel you Spybee on there being some risky times with just a bit of sober time.

Jewel, good for you for taking care of your needs exactly how you need to right now.

Hope we all have a great, strong, sober day! And yep, maybe we should do a roll call because even though I joined late, I'm not even sure who all is in our class.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:48 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hello all. On day 32. Doing a 2 mile mall walk every morning while doing intermittent fasting at 16-8. My wife says it sounds dumb to her, but I figure eating 8 hours a day instead of 16 can't be bad. Also see my blood sugar numbers dropping, along with weight.

Gearing up for Independence day holiday this weekend. The idea of some cold fruit juice type of drinks is sounding pretty good. Well, along with some baby back ribs

Hope everyone is doing well. Hang in there Max.