View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
dizzybee

Well it's morning where I am so good day to you all! Congrats Base on 30 days, and Max glad you're feeling better. Hope your day today is better too.

I don't know about addiction being dumb - to me it's sad, painful, infuriating, cruel...just so many things but not dumb. It plays some kind of major role or none of us would dance with the devil for so long, for so many times. I try not to judge others, because I don't know what pain or circumstances or even innocent attempt led someone to where they are. I don't think anyone would choose addiction. I think it can feel dumb, at least for me, but then that means I'm letting myself get into a shame spiral which my AV just loves. I've been trying to figure out my own process I suppose, and when I rack up all the days /months/years of getting absolutely out of control dumb feels like it's oversimplification. Just my 2 cents in the early morning - thinking outloud if you will.

May be checking in more today as I've got some feelings already that are concerning. Won't write a novel about it but they're there. Stay strong and happy to have us all here. 1st of July!