Notices

Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 2

Old 06-22-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 2

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/447638-class-june-support-thread-2020-part-1-a-20.html

D
Old 06-22-2020, 03:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 2 weeks FF and congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today

D
Old 06-22-2020, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Good morning all, Day 3

Old 06-22-2020, 04:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hey, PL! How are you today?

I'm on day 8, a very dangerous day. I had promised myself that if I didn't make it through a full week without alcohol I would go see my doctor. Lo and behold, I made it with flying colors, and my first thought was to celebrate with a beer or two. HAH! I'm SO not going to! I've had so many wonderful days now, with lots of energy, and I've had a couple of nights where I slept very well, and I'm not going to ruin that. Nope. Instead I've made an appointment to get a new tattoo and I'm so exited.

Hope you all are having a great Monday. I'm so happy to have you in my life!
Old 06-22-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning! Entering day 3, so right there with you Puckluck.

Last night was pretty awful. Even began to think I might have Covid. Terrible headache, chills, painful abdomen, then I realized I was probably experiencing alcohol withdrawal for the first time in my drinking life. That’s how bad it has gotten. Yes, I will go to the dr. If it gets worse, but I’m already feeling better this morning. Really frightening. My body is crying out to me and I’m going to listen. Doing whatever it takes today to stay away from the drink. I will not drive anywhere, nor will I ride my bike. Going to attempt a short jog/walk and get my house in order.

Have my support/recovery group tonight online.

I’m thankful for all of you, too. Have a good day!
Old 06-22-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Can I jump on? I'm new and on day 23. It's bedtime here, snuggled up listening to the storm outside and feeling pleasantly shattered from so my exercise. Looking forward to another night NOT waking up with the screaming horrors at 3am!
Old 06-22-2020, 08:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Hey, PL! How are you today?

I'm on day 8, a very dangerous day. I had promised myself that if I didn't make it through a full week without alcohol I would go see my doctor. Lo and behold, I made it with flying colors, and my first thought was to celebrate with a beer or two. HAH! I'm SO not going to! I've had so many wonderful days now, with lots of energy, and I've had a couple of nights where I slept very well, and I'm not going to ruin that. Nope. Instead I've made an appointment to get a new tattoo and I'm so exited.

Hope you all are having a great Monday. I'm so happy to have you in my life!
New tattoos are always exciting

I'm doing well. Didn't sleep the best and was up at 4:30 am, showered, had breakfast, thought I was up for the day, but nope... Took a nap lol. I still feel very sleep deprived. I think I'm up for the day now though and just took the dog out.

Overall I feel good and motivated. Looking forward to more and more sober days to come!
Old 06-22-2020, 08:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by FruitSplash View Post
Hi everyone,

Can I jump on? I'm new and on day 23. It's bedtime here, snuggled up listening to the storm outside and feeling pleasantly shattered from so my exercise. Looking forward to another night NOT waking up with the screaming horrors at 3am!
Hey Fruit,
Welcome! And grats on 23 days. That's no small feat!
Old 06-22-2020, 12:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FruitSplash View Post
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the group dear FruitSplash. ❤️
Old 06-22-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 4 here. Had serious AV activity but squashed it with the help of you all here. Hoping sleep will begin to normalize tonight. I am going to bed a little earlier today to give it a shot and not going to eat a bunch of crap before bed.!
Old 06-22-2020, 02:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 weeks Freedom

Jewel you’re doing great! So good that you got through the first 2 days. I always think the first couple of days are the hardest. Well done on getting to day 3

And Max, well done on day 4!

Puckluck I’m still having trouble sleeping too. I haven’t really slept well in years. I’m not sure how much is alcohol related (probably a lot) and how much is just me. My Mum didn’t drink at all, and she had trouble sleeping too.... But it’s hard to get through each day feeling constantly tired.

Lixie, day 8 is awesome! And a new tattoo to celebrate is a wonderful idea
I like to reward milestones with something special.
I celebrated a week last week by getting a lovely massage.

Welcome Fruitsplash
Old 06-22-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome fruit splash

stay strong everyone - its worth it

D
Old 06-22-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 3 done. I’m not feeling well though, so going to dr. Tomorrow afternoon to see what’s going on. Chills, pain, not good. I’ve been dr. Googling too much and think I have a kidney infection. I’m sure that’s inaccurate but I’ll feel better after the visit. Good news is the illness allowed me to get through this day with zero desire for wine. Plus, the harm I’ve done to my body is too much. Enough. Time to get the healthy girl back.

Well done, Max. I was having those same thoughts last night and wasn’t sure I’d make it today.

Welcome fruit splash. Glad you’re here.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So much love Jewel. Proud of you honey.
And yes, the doc is a good idea, although I am sure it will all go well.
And I hope you feel way better in the morning. s xx ❤️
Old 06-22-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I checked my old posts to see when I last posted in this group - it was back on 4th and it was about me calling my local rehab center and getting the ball rolling re: their outpatient program. Well, I got enrolled in their IOP program and am a week and a half in. Due to the pandemic it is all online (Zoom). I do Group sessions 3 times a week - MWF from 9am-noon and then a 1 hr meeting once a week with my individual counselor. When I first decided to do it I was dreading it and thinking it was going to be SO much time. But I actually love it! Today was my 4th group session and I get something out of each and every one. And, truth be told, I spent way more time than that each week drinking so.... I have been trying to manage this on my own for so long and it wasn't working yet I really hesitated for some reason to take that next step of seeking out more help and now I cannot for the life of me understand why!

Today is Day 20 for me and for the first time in a long time I feel such optimism about the future. So I really wanted to encourage anyone that thinks they need some additional help or structure or support to seek it out, I wish I had done it long ago.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations on20 days Birdie that’s really great that you’re getting the support you need ❤️

Jewel, I’m so glad you’re going to the doctor, they’ll get you sorted out ❤️

It’s a beautiful sunny day here with a crisp cool breeze. It’s winter here, but it’s an absolutely gorgeous day, and cool here is probably warm compared to other places
Old 06-22-2020, 07:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Three weeks officially in the books....just taking it a day at a time. Today was filled with Zoom AA meeting, p90x workout, mowing 5 acres, & reading/studying 3 hours for personal trainer certification course. Now off to sleep.

Stay Safe & Sober
Old 06-22-2020, 07:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Great job everyone

I've been on the computer forever today just keeping busy, but now I'm about to zone out in front of the TV with a big bowl of popcorn before I crash for the night. Happy to hear everyone else is doing well, too. Day 3 is done
Old 06-22-2020, 08:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations to everyone on your milestones

D
Old 06-22-2020, 11:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Alot of good news on here! Congrats!

10 days and off to bed...hopefully for some restful sleep, good night