Notices

Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 2

Old 06-29-2020, 08:07 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to hear about your parents CAGY but welcome back - tons of support here as you know

d
Old 06-29-2020, 10:33 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Day 6. Going to go to an AA zoom meeting at 7:45am. I can never think of anything to say in meetings though, I don't have a program to talk about without a sponsor.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:01 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I am heading to bed as well. Did you all pack your bags? We moved! Now after tomorrow if you drink you gotta join the july thread and we don't want to lose you in here so DON"T DRINK ANYONE! Had a good day today. Things have normalized and I would venture to say that it has been a few days where basically all signs of withdrawal are gone. Life does get better when we stop poisoning ourselves.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:52 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Yippee on graduating everyone!
And I’ve made it through 7 days, so our graduation coincides with 1 week sober
And I agree with Max, lets stay in the class of June 2020
I’m not going to drink.

I’m not sure what time it is where most of you are, but it’s bedtime here,
Night everyone
Old 06-30-2020, 04:15 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Goodnight Willow
Old 06-30-2020, 05:26 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Max-I already did it. Got confused with the house moving and posted in July by mistake. Hanging tight in June.

Good morning. Back now and trying to get back in my normal routine. 1 month today. Hewson, saw your post about 28 days. That's awesome! Jewel, congrats on being back to double digits.

Puck, you OK? Glad to see July coming tomorrow. I figure it gets us 1 month closer to being rid of this virus. (and 1 month closer to retirement )

Being on the road the last several days meant me getting past a hurdle. Would normally be a big drinking event. As I mentioned earlier, my 2 oldest kids are looking good and drinking less. I think they probably curbed it even more during our visit to help me. What a great thought that is. Guess they want their father to be around for a while. Whether you realize it or not, there are other people that care about you and want you to be happy and to hang around as long as possible. I guess my next thing is to be on the lookout for PAWS and realize what is going on when it does happen. I had made it the first 3 months of the year, and then out of the blue, I had a wave of despair and thoughts of suicide that were way too real. Combine that with being bunkered in from the virus and it got the best of me and sent me right to a ****it moment. Not this time. I am more educated this time.

Alright, sorry for being long winded. Time to get back to work.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:26 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I have been in far too many classes and do not want to join another. You are my people here on out and I hope we don’t lose any of you!

Day 11. Sleeping great. Loving the morning again. Sipping my coffee with my pup
by my side while the rest of the house sleeps. Today will be hot and humid in the Midwest, so I’ll attempt a short run (body is still healing and I don’t want to push it) then take my boys to a friend’s house for the afternoon. That means 4 hours of quiet in the house! I have 2 daughters too but there not as loud . I will not stop to buy alcohol today and I will continue to live this beautiful sober life.

Puck, I hope you’re feeling a bit better today?

Max, You sound great. I love your attitude.

Hi Freedom, Glad your here.

Willow68, Congrats on 1 week!

And a good day to the rest of the class. Keep posting here.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

And hello, dear Dave! Welcome back home and well done on the progress you are making.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

It's the eve of the second half of the year! I'm going to try and make this half of 2020 less of a ******* abortion as the first half.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:44 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week Willow!
Old 06-30-2020, 09:25 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Puck, come back in and join us. Day one is June 30th, last day of the first half of the year. Day 12 today and feeling kinda sick. Think it is the coffee or maybe all the crap I have been eating. I stopped my sugar binge as of yesterday. Not cutting out completely but drastically reducing. Time to get in better shape. Congrats Jewel on 11. I am rolling into day 12 kinda tired because, despite the fact that my sleep has returned just about to normal I stay up to late. Willow, congrats on a week.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:30 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Max-Cutting a sugar binge can initially make you feel out of sorts.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:05 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Welcome Ekohe and CutenGayYay (love your name btw)! Good call coming here. CNGY I went off the rails after my dad died a few years back. It's honestly what finally drove me here I think. I was binging every night and just drowning my grief in alcohol and then feeling like absolute horror nearly every day. Stay here, stay strong!

Freedom I love that you brought up it being the eve of the 2nd half of the year. It makes it feel...different somehow. Like I am determined to stay motivated. At least for today!

Maximus, I appreciate your enthusiasm. I see your name on other threads and admire your ability to check in and cheer others on. Hoping you feel better soon - maybe it is all that sugar.

I have been sharply focusing on my own diet and exercise probably as a way to distract myself but honestly so far it's working. A little nervous about the coming weekend as I will be around some family members who definitely love to drink. Still a few days away but just on my mind.

Puck, please check in when you can. Thinking of you.

Have a great healthy, sober day to this awesome class. All of you!
Old 06-30-2020, 12:18 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

I am also back to healthy eating and exercise. Although, I allow myself a sweet treat in the evening like Jelly Belly’s (my favorite candy currently), that’s about all the sugar I’ll eat. Managed a 3.5 mile run this morning in terrible humidity but it felt so good to sweat out the junk. I love to run and I feel like I’m getting the stamina back. Posting/reading mid day so I stay focused. Those thoughts to drink creep in at the strangest times. It still boggles my mind how good my life becomes and I still have thoughts for alcohol. Pathetic stuff; that poison is. I look forward to the day when the thoughts are less and less.

I hope you’re all having a good day. Thinking of you Puck. Come on back quickly. Don’t let this slip open the door to more misery.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Got through some mad cravings this morning which was totally unexpected. I think that without SR I might have caved. Still not out of the woods. Just going an hour at a time and keep telling the AV to **** off. Dizzy, part of my recovery is to support others as well. We are all in this together and need each other too succeed. I got in a decent workout yesterday and the day before. Ramping up the exercise routine a bit but through all of this I am going to put my sobriety #1 and if my willpower starts to fade or the AV starts to get louder then I am going to back down and protect my sobriety. Not sure if that is why I slipped last time.

PUCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!! We miss you.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:54 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hey everyone just wanted to checkin not sure how much sleep I got probably a couple hours at most and doubt any was deep sleep Well Day 3 and I know from experience I start to tell normal on Day 5-6. Hope everyone's having a good day .
Jewel 3.5 miles is impressive for anyone. Especially in humidity. Impressive
Max yes helping others def helps that how I managed a year once. Then I kinda said I got this :/
Dizzy thanks it's definitely a daily struggle I totally relate
Old 06-30-2020, 03:08 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

So very sorry your mum is sick now too dear Cute. s
That is mega hard. s
Sending prayers and love. ❤️

And go Max!! s ❤️
Old 06-30-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Running in high humidity is pretty amazing in my books dear Jewel.
Hope you have a wonderful evening. s xx ❤️

Old 06-30-2020, 06:20 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Gone In

Well I made it 30 days. Done that many times before, but it does feel a bit different. I got a prescription for naltrexone. I'll pick it up tomorrow, not sure I need it but if you want something you've never had, you've got to do things you've never done.

I saw this today and it spoke to me, thought I'd share it

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bourdain.jpg (82.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 06-30-2020, 06:48 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats BASEJumper

Hope you feel better tomorrow Max.

D