Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 27

Old 06-30-2020, 04:49 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Aussie

never thought I would be an old fuddy duddy but I supported the closing of the Qld border.
Hope the numbers in Victoria are due to increased testing and won't mean an increased danger for you

D
Old 06-30-2020, 04:59 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Me too Dee. I just wrote a post about that and deleted it....
Old 06-30-2020, 05:48 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Aussie

never thought I would be an old fuddy duddy but I supported the closing of the Qld border.
Hope the numbers in Victoria are due to increased testing and won't mean an increased danger for you

D
It just makes sense to keep borders closed to keep the covid contained it's really frustrating that they are allowing people to travel into clean areas . Nothing fuddy duddy about you Dee.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:33 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I was laughing about the football....well, it's not funny at all really, but they were so keen to get it all rolling even without crowds and now the QLD govt isn't going to let the players travel unless they come home and quarantine for 14 days....so I can't see the football being able to continue with QLD teams, so then what? Not well thought out I don't think. I am interested to see what unfolds.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
orangutan

Foot ball has been a high priority here they have been more keen to get this going than anything

DAY 26
winter is flying past summer will be here before I know it , it has been really mild so far the afternoons have even been quiet hot 23 c yesterday and the same forecast for tody , it's lovely but you can't call it winter.

We had a visit from our friend who had the heart surgery he is doing well , very slow and sore , he has a large cut on his chest and a cut that runs from his ankle to mid inner thigh where they took the vein to use in his by pass. All things considered he is doing great he walked down from his house which is about 100 yards away but he reckons this is about his limit for now. His prostate surgery is scheduled in 6 weeks .
Old 07-01-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Gee.....what a brave dude.
Glad he is doing so well love. xx
Old 07-01-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad your friend is doing ok Aussie

D
Old 07-01-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hey, good to see my Marchers in action here. Yep, our numbers are going up, too. I think people are getting more relaxed and less vigilant. Our governor re-closed indoor bars and nightclubs today. You can still go to restaurants at 50% capacity and patios are open. I'm not keen on eating inside yet. I'm good w/ grabbing a sandwich and eating outdoors! haha I worry about the business owners, but we really shouldn't be gathering and drinking. We know how good our judgement is when we drink, we'd forget about staying distanced after a couple beers, am I right? Silly to be crammed in a bar right now. Especially in the summer. Geez people, just have people over on your patio. Anyway, we are going away for a few days and while I'm a little on edge about it, my family are all very careful with a healthy amount of paranoia. (Even my kids!) We're going to an area with way less cases and we'll be careful. Most everything we do will be outdoors, as well. We are having a big heat wave here now. Unseasonably hot for us, for like 10 days.

Glad to hear you are doing well with the drinking, Aussie! Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'm good.

Stay well my friends! xo
Old 07-02-2020, 02:58 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
orangutan

Have a nice trip Mirage.

DAY 27

7.58 am in Auss
Old 07-17-2020, 11:23 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hello, Marchers! I'm celebrating 9 years without a drink, today! Woot!
Old 07-17-2020, 01:19 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow congratulations Mirage!

D
Old 07-17-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee! xo
Old 07-18-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Dearest mirage,

Old 07-18-2020, 11:14 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Thank you, Venus! xo
Old 08-02-2020, 03:58 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
CONGRATULATIONS MIRAGE

WOW where did that time go.
Sorry I missed this I haven't been around I have been staying off the internet and not watching TV as it is just to depressing with the Covid the news is the same everyday keeps getting worse not better.
DAY 58 for me.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:52 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 58 days Aussie - hope you're virus free down there

D
Old 08-02-2020, 05:01 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congrats on 58 days Aussie - hope you're virus free down there

D
So far , but a case was reported in Ballina after flying in from Victoria. What a mess.

I hope your safe up there too.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm pretty safe, I think.
I'm taking all reasonable precautions anyway

No new cases here today so, whether thats a good sign or a one day reprieve, I'll take it

D
Old 08-02-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

No new cases? That great! We're averaging about 600 a day here in my state. We are taking all the precautions, too, but we also have both kids working with the public and, while being careful, still out and about more than I'd like. We moved our oldest out of his house at the university yesterday. He hasn't been living there for the last 5 months, but all his stuff was there. He was sent home in March due to Covid and then went 4 hours away for the summer to work on a sailing ship. Anyway, he met us there and we moved him out. It's funny, he's strong, tan and has a beard now. lol Life as a sailor. He'll be home in a month and has decided to just do his last (hopefully) semester at home online, as all of his classes are online anyway. That way he'll save rent money. I'm excited to have him home! He's a sweetie and good company. Younger one will still go in the fall and live in the dorm. blech.

So glad to hear from you, Aussie. I'm glad you took a break from social media, tv, etc. It's a good thing. I get worried when I don't hear from you though! Congrats on 58 days! I limit my news consumption, too. It can be all a bit too doom and gloom and staying away and just watching other things feels better when I'm not in the mood to take on reality. It's especially bad cuz we have our presidential election in 3 months, so everyone is really ramped up. I can't wait for that to be over, too. The combination of Covid and the election is not good! People have gone bat sh** crazy. lol Hope Australia is faring better.

Much love to our Marchers, far and wide! xx
Old 08-03-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I know love....living in America is somewhat challenging right now.
So much love dear Mirage. s ❤