View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
mirage

No new cases? That great! We're averaging about 600 a day here in my state. We are taking all the precautions, too, but we also have both kids working with the public and, while being careful, still out and about more than I'd like. We moved our oldest out of his house at the university yesterday. He hasn't been living there for the last 5 months, but all his stuff was there. He was sent home in March due to Covid and then went 4 hours away for the summer to work on a sailing ship. Anyway, he met us there and we moved him out. It's funny, he's strong, tan and has a beard now. lol Life as a sailor. He'll be home in a month and has decided to just do his last (hopefully) semester at home online, as all of his classes are online anyway. That way he'll save rent money. I'm excited to have him home! He's a sweetie and good company. Younger one will still go in the fall and live in the dorm. blech.

So glad to hear from you, Aussie. I'm glad you took a break from social media, tv, etc. It's a good thing. I get worried when I don't hear from you though! Congrats on 58 days! I limit my news consumption, too. It can be all a bit too doom and gloom and staying away and just watching other things feels better when I'm not in the mood to take on reality. It's especially bad cuz we have our presidential election in 3 months, so everyone is really ramped up. I can't wait for that to be over, too. The combination of Covid and the election is not good! People have gone bat sh** crazy. lol Hope Australia is faring better.

Much love to our Marchers, far and wide! xx