SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 27 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/444796-class-march-2011-part-27-a.html)

Dee74 01-06-2020 01:41 PM

Class of March 2011 Part 27

last part

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-26-a-21.html

D

aussieblue 01-06-2020 02:28 PM

Thanks for the new thread Dee.

mirage 01-06-2020 07:22 PM

Thanks for the new thread! Part 27! Look at us go!
So glad to hear that, Dee.

PeanutButterCup 01-07-2020 06:45 AM

I was just checking in with Dee and Aussie about the fires. I've been praying for you!

All is well here. I'm taking someone to a meeting today ... she got fired yesterday and thinks this might be her "bottom". We'll see. I sure hope so! It seems like there have been a lot of relapses lately, and it's so discouraging. Thank God I'm still sober. I'm trying to keep a strong program going so that I have a chance to stay that way.

aussieblue 01-07-2020 01:04 PM

Hi PBC , great to hear from you . Glad to hear your still sober .

LoftyIdeals 01-15-2020 05:57 AM

Day 15 today

Hey all! My wife suggested DryJanuary, and I bit. It’s been a good launch to the new decade. I dont know if she will continue beyond January, but I plan to. A new decade is a great place to begin again. I am grateful for her participation, even if for only January.

I saw a hotmap today of the Australian wildfires in the paper. I didnt know it was so widespread and affected both east and west coasts. My prayers are sent for you.

I decided to start a thread in Gratitude as a new approach to recovery. Trying to build on some positivity thats happened for me this past year. Seems my life is emerging from the ashes in many ways. Now to restore health of body, mind and soul.

Glad you keepers of the thread have stuck around for me to return to. Love to you all!

Lofty

Dee74 01-15-2020 01:22 PM

Hi PBC and Lofty - Happy New Year :)

we had steady driving rain most of last night where I am so I hope it got to the places that need it too...

D

aussieblue 01-16-2020 01:17 PM

Good rain here too.

Loft I am happy to see you . I am glad your wife is going dry with you it makes a huge difference if your partner is drinking or not , this is one of my biggest hurdles I always want to join in .

LoftyIdeals 01-17-2020 07:34 AM

Thanks, Aussie. It’s been a challenge for me on many occasions before as well. It’s been good for both of is. And has led to more productive discussions as well.

Day 17 today!

Dee74 01-17-2020 12:52 PM

well done Lofty :)

D

mirage 01-18-2020 09:12 AM

Good to hear all is well with the March peeps. Glad you checked in, Lofty. A dry January is exciting news, and I know you can make it all year long!

Keep up the good work, all!

Dee74 01-18-2020 04:45 PM

hey Mirage :wave:

D

mirage 01-19-2020 11:14 AM

Hey Dee! :c009:

Dee74 01-19-2020 01:14 PM

Hope its not too cold there mirage....

D

aussieblue 01-19-2020 02:48 PM

Keep up those dry days Lofty.:scoregood

Big rain in my part of Auss . Safe to say there is no fire danger here any more with 5 inches in 24 hours .

Love to all.

9.47 am in Auss.

Dee74 01-19-2020 02:59 PM

Glad you got the rain Aussie :)

D

aussieblue 01-19-2020 03:00 PM

Did you get that storm Dee?

Dee74 01-19-2020 03:05 PM

Yeah I did Aussie - no damage or floods near me tho :)

D

LoftyIdeals 01-20-2020 03:45 AM

Day 20 Today

Glad to hear of the rain down under. I hope it is enough to extinguish and contain the fires, and doesn’t wreak too much of its own havoc. I cant imagine.

My wife and I have been watching “The Path” on Hulu recently. It’s been interesting, to say the least. I actually like it and can recommend it. It’s been thought provoking for me.

I know I should have no weather complaints compared to you Aussie’s but I am very much looking forward to spring to get out camping. We have a new camper that is itching to hit tue road, and many national parks that want to be seen. I’m excited.

How’s your winter been, mirage?

Take Care, All!

Lofty

mirage 01-20-2020 07:24 PM

Nope, not too cold, Dee! It was a pretty mild Dec and January. We did just get about 6 inches of snow on Saturday and now it's in the 20s. (-4c) The 30s feel good, in the 20s ya gotta zip up the coat and keep gloves in your pockets. :)

Winter's been good! I'm enjoying the little more of daylight that comes with each day. I'm working at a library now and we had a valve on a toilet break on the 2nd floor and it shut the library down for 5 days! It came through the lights, etc. The restoration company used over 100 fans and 13 de-humidifiers to dry it out. A fire suppression team worked on the panels and pulls, etc. and electrical work needed to be done. They emailed us pictures, it looked crazy. All cuz of a toilet! lol It was fun to get the time off. I'm going back tomorrow and I imagine there will be a TON of books that need re-shelving due to the days we were closed. (People returning items through the return box and no one inside the building to organize it and re-shelve it.) Luckily, it didn't do any damage to any books or other materials.

My oldest just got word that he got the summer job he was hoping to get. He'll be living and working on a 114' tall ship, sailing tourists on the bay. It's a replica of an 1800s cargo schooner. (About 4 hours away from here.) I think he's nuts, but he is super excited about it. I'll miss him, (he's usually home from university in the summer), but I'm happy for him. We took the tour 3 summers ago and he obviously loved it. We'll for sure do it again this summer to watch him in action. It's gonna be hard work for him, but he likes that.

K, that's a lotta mirage updates for one day. lol Love to all. x