orangutan

Crying now and feeling the love.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Oh.....you will make me cry.... s xx ❤️
Old 03-17-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Aussie the way you're overttaxing your immune system right now with the drinking is a very real reason to stop.

You want to be as healthy as you can with this COVID19 business.

In other news Woolies was very quiet but well stocked in most things- I got there at 7.40.

D
Old 03-17-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks Dee
doctors visit Saturday ( we now have a doctor in the village one day a week so no travel ) I will be off to town early on Monday to restock and get meds I hope to beat the crowds. I feel a bit stronger after talking to you and Suze. I am going to talk to the doc about my feelings too.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:08 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

s xx ❤️
Old 03-17-2020, 07:00 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh Aussie, I feel you. It's a very stressful situation for all, especially when you're older or have older parents. There are times when I'm ok and there are times when I really feel the anxiety. Today is my son's 21st birthday and we made him a drink (our legal drinking age) in the house as we can't go out. Bars and restaurants have closed except for carry-out. Anyway, I coulda used one, not gonna lie. To be able to just have 2-3 at night to relax would be great. Gaahh. I cannot. Hang in there, everyone. We'll be ok, we just have to get over this rough time. Thanks to you all and Venus for popping in now. It helps to have more people to talk to! xx
Old 03-17-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its never just one tho, is it?

D
Old 03-18-2020, 06:04 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to your son dear mirage. ❤️
Old 03-18-2020, 08:03 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Right, Dee. The trick is remembering that and not convincing yourself that it might be different now. (Not YOU, I mean "yourself" in general. Meaning me. And others. lol) Sometimes I'll catch myself thinking, 'shoot, that was 9 years ago now. Maybe now that I have that distance and I know better, I can better moderate'. But then I know the answer to that. It's like a devil/angel thing on my shoulders. Not very often, mind you. But sometimes it sneaks in there.
Thanks, Venus!
Old 03-30-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers! Happy here that March is almost over! Bring on April. We need some sunshine and warmer temps here. We've all got a bit of cabin fever as we're all hunkered down with little to do. I know it's that way all over the world. Just wanted to pop in and and wish you all good health. Hope you are taking good care of yourselves! xo
Old 04-01-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope warmer temps will help slow this virus down for you Mirage - take care

How are you doing Aussie? Lofty? Dave? PBC?
D
Old 04-06-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Doing okay

Hi all,

I’m alright for now. Drinking a lot, but otherwise okay. I and my family are this far healthy, and isolating. I think about Dave who works in a hospital. I was not far from him on vacation when things started shutting down here. I’ve got two cousins who think they are infected and being tested. I actually think its possible my family and I had it early bit we wont know for quite awhile. Take care everyone! See this trying time as a potential period of jubilee. Forgiveness os key. Of ourselves and others.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:20 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to stop drinking Lofty.

I understand its scary, but the way the world is changing so fast I want to be ready and on top of those changes.

Gotta be honest, I'm not sure how you do that drinking a lot.

D
Old 04-14-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi , I thought I better check in but I don't have good news , I am still drinking, life just keeps getting worse doesn't it , fires , flood , now my husband and myself are out of work and for the first time in our lives we are facing going on the dole . Getting supplies is hard as well living out of town we can't always get what we need when we get to the shops the people who live near the shops must go daily and stock up, the shelves are often empty of basics, I would like to see ration cards for things like toilet paper to stop this behaviour I can't just go back to town the next day if I miss out I miss out for the week. Woolworths were delivering out here but that has stopped for now except for the elderly who are house bound so mum and dad are being looked after .
Prayers for all who are sick and prayers for an end to this horrid virus.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:23 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not trying to be rude but how is drinking going to help if you have no money coming in Aussie?

Are the supermarkets hiring there - it needn't be a 'forever' job?

D
Old 04-14-2020, 05:39 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
orangutan

I'm not sure what jobs are going just yet , that's a lot of driving though . I have set a date for the drinking to stop I have a birthday coming up in May I will be turning 60 and I have set that for my stop date my husband is also quitting with me .
Old 04-14-2020, 07:11 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got to admit I wish it was earlier Aussie but I hope that will be a new start for you and hubby

D
Old 04-16-2020, 07:00 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks to both Aussie and Lofty for checking in. You know we are always thinking about you!

I'm sorry about the lack of supplies, Aussie. That must be so hard because you live far away from the stores. For the most part, we are usually able to find what we need. My husband would stop and get toilet paper and paper towels when he would see it, so we have a little stock pile of that. He shops for groceries and also for my parents. I figure since he is the one who goes out to shops and work, that he remain our person who shops, so the 3 of us can stay home and away from risk. He wears a mask and is careful and when he gets home, I wash his clothes and wipe down the groceries. Crazy times! We are on a stay at home order till May 1st as of now. I'm sorry about your jobs, too. Ugh, this is so hard for so many. Sending you lots of love and strength. Please try your best to take good care of yourself. You too, Lofty.

Dee, hope you are well and able to get your needs met. Hey Venus, hope Ohio is treating you well! xo Hang in there, folks. Much love to you all.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm good mirage - I live in a big city and I'm one of those priority assistance customers so I'm not having too many problems.

D
Old 04-17-2020, 09:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good to hear. xo