Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 27

Old 06-12-2020, 05:56 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
orangutan

DAY 7
Forget hair dye I am going grey and I don't even care . I am going a la natural. After all I am 60.

My mood has improved some what , I think being back at work has helped and being around other people . Trying to keep as busy as I can .
I also could afford to loose a few kilo's , so some exercise will have to start to be introduced back into my life. Walking always helped my mind set.
Love to all.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:01 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week Aussie

D
Old 06-13-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're going strong with a week under your belt, aussie!

What is open where you guys are? Restaurants yet? I'm not sure the status of your country as far as the virus goes.

Oldest kiddo is on his way home for the weekend, can't wait to see him. Dunno if I mentioned it, but he's working and living on a tall ship about 4 hours away, for the summer. He's over worked and under paid and I'm sure exhausted. (He's been up there for a month). It'll be fun to hear about it and catch up. He has limited access to his phone and service up there.

Have a great day, everyone! xo
Old 06-16-2020, 07:54 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
orangutan

DAY 11
Yes restaurants are open but with limited seating. Went out for Chinese on Sunday .Most things are opening up but social distancing has to be done . We have been really lucky where I live with only a few cases in the early days nothing now for a couple of months. No cases in my town . One of the perks of living in the bush.
Large gatherings like foot ball are not permitted but games are being played but with no spectators .
Old 06-17-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I am beyond thrilled that the footy is back. And go Sainters!!!!
And lmao, they should have competitions every game to see who can put the funniest stuff in the seats....I love all of the scarfs in place of the cheer squads, but how cool would it be if they filled the cheersquad section with stuffed toys dressed in team colours.

And day 11 is awesome love and hi Mirage. s xx ❤️

Old 06-18-2020, 06:47 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi Venus!
That's about where we are with opening, too, aussie. I've not been indoors to have a meal, but we did sit on the patio for a salad. I'm not all that anxious to go sit inside. Got my hair done today and they were very strict with procedure. That's nice you haven't had a lot of cases near you. I wish I could say the same. In my state, we've had 60,000 cases and 5,800 deaths. Just in my county, (900 square miles, 1.2 mil people), we've had 8,500 cases. Anyway, it's been unnerving to say the least. Our numbers are declining now and looking better. Only a couple hundred a day in the state.
Have a good and safe weekend, everyone! Loftyyyyy...where are youuuuu....
Old 06-19-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
orangutan

DAY 14

Mirage we have been so lucky here in Australia our total number of deaths is only 103 to my knowledge .

Hi Suze , I know your a big footy fan are you getting into the American footy also?

A good friend is having a really rough trot he has prostate cancer and was due for surgery but had to have a stress test first which he failed so was sent for an angiogram which he failed and then was sent to Sydney for a triple bi pass this time he passed with flying colours he is doing really well and already back in the ward .
Grateful today that things went well .Praying for a good outcome for the cancer treatment.

Echoing Mirage LOFTY WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!

Hi Dee how are you doing?
Old 06-19-2020, 04:49 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good thanks Aussie - glad you are ok and your friend is too. Congrats on 2 weeks

D
Old 06-20-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Many prayers for your friend dear Aussie. s

And that is hard NO on American Football....not my cup of tea.

PS....Just checked the Aussie games from today....OMG....what on earth happened? My team got murdered and Carlton beat Geelong....etc.....was there snow in Melbourne or something?
Old 06-20-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
orangutan

LOL snow in Melbourne , sorry about your team though.
Things are starting to go a bit wrong in Melbourne , the Covid19 is having a bit of a spike in daily numbers and the Premier has tightened the restrictions where as the rest of Australia is loosening them .
My mood has been a lot better now the winter is setting in how I wish I could have 12 months of this.

DAY 15
Old 06-21-2020, 06:05 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I just wrote and deleted about 10 posts....I am hopeless at discussing this. So just love. ❤️
Oh......and you are welcome to visit me anytime.....once you feel safe to travel to the US.....you should come and enjoy some snow with me. xxx
Old 06-22-2020, 07:27 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Sorry about your friend, aussie. That is a LOT to go through. Hope his treatment goes well. Both my brother and dad had that.

I love American footy! lol I'm gonna start calling it that. I'm afraid the season might start later and maybe no fans in the stands this year, tho. We'll see. We really need to get past this virus. It sucks for all of us.

I haven't been "struggling with not drinking" lately per se, but I feel like I've been thinking about drinking more than usual. I guess I haven't been very happy. My youngest goes to college in the fall so we'll be alone and that really saddens me. I haven't felt very connected to anyone, feeling lonely, haven't had much to look forward to, definitely have the blahs.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:08 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh and here is me who would kill for a house to myself for a while....grass is always greener huh? ❤️
Old 06-22-2020, 02:24 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can make some connections mirage - drinking would just isolate you and make you more lonely. Not a good road.
D
Old 06-22-2020, 06:04 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh my gosh and here is me who would kill for a house to myself for a while....grass is always greener huh? ❤️
Ha, I suppose it is! I enjoy being alone, but I'm sad thinking my boys will both be gone. I like having them in the house. I've been home to raise them for the last 21 years! This fall semester, the university is ending the term at Thanksgiving break (Nov 26) and they will not go back after that weekend like they normally would. They will finish the term on line and go back after the new year. So that'll be cool, they'll be home Nov. 26- Jan 3. They don't want kids going home and coming back, for covid precautions.

Thanks, Dee, I will. I'm sure this virus thing isn't helping my mood. I know everyone is stressed and out of sorts. I'm grateful for our health. I hope you are well. x
Old 06-22-2020, 06:32 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had find purpose and meaning in my life mirage.
Maybe music or some other interests?

D
Old 06-23-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Right, Dee, thanks. I'll figure it out, it's a weird time. That transition time to "empty nesters" is a tough one for most. I get excited about being able to travel more but then...virus. It's just a crap time right now. Summer's lovely, I'm glad for that. Loving the flowers, trees and long days. Dealing with this virus in the cold winter, when you don't go outside much, would be harder. March and April were tough. Much nicer to deal with it in the summertime. Anyway, thanks. Needing to remind myself that just cuz my kids are raised, doesn't mean I can go back to try moderation. My kids were a big incentive for me. And I'm thrilled that both of them are not drinkers. I'm so happy I was able to quit and therefore not make excuses for binge drinking on weekends, etc. I didn't want that to be their normal and have them go out and have that mentality for themselves. Not saying they won't some day, but the foundation of not liking it or thinking it's cool, is there. That's all I can do. So I'm done, right?! See, that's where my AV goes. The AV never really dies! It's amazing, truly.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:41 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah your welfare is every bit as important as your kids welfare, mirage

D
Old 06-30-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
orangutan

Mirage I am sorry the AV has awoken , but I know you and you won't go there.

DAY 25
Wow have I been busy with work , the Queensland holidays are on and it's like Christmas holidays here the place is packed and not just with Queenslanders but bloody Victorians ( sorry Suze ) but the virus is spreading badly down there and we have been clean here in N.S.W. seriously the Victorian border should be closed until they get their act together it is putting us all at risk , I don't know what some of them are thinking refusing to take virus tests !!!!!

My mood has been up and down I don't know if this is withdrawal or just worry about the covid.

Suze thanks for the invite but from what I am seeing of the USA right now I am really worried for you guys. Prayers that you and Mirage stay safe.

Hey Dee I hope you're keeping well

Love to all.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Yeah, I am worried for us too. Big time. ❤️