Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 27

Old 10-20-2020, 04:54 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

We have to do what Dory does.....just keep swimming.
Saying this to myself as much as you dear Mirage.....we are going to have to deal with this for another year I think. s
Old 11-10-2020, 01:25 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
orangutan

checking in

made it to 5 months a couple of days ago.
Been really struggling lately , last week we had huge storms really frightening lots of lightening and big hail and strong wind. I just can't cope with this weather it's settled down for now but it has taken it's toll on me. I haven't logged on for while I don't feel up to talking or people right now.
I hope all is well with my Marchers.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:38 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I know I am not alone when I tell you this sweet aussie: I am always with you, and thinking of you.
I know these storms are awful for you. s

Hang in there......love you heaps, and also did not forget your soberversary! ❤️
Old 11-10-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hang in there......love you heaps, and also did not forget your soberversary! ❤️
I did see the post , thankyou , love you heaps back.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 months, Aussie! Hang in there, girl. This, too, shall pass. You can do get through it sober! Hope you're feeling better. xo

Oh and my mom in law didn't cancel Thanksgiving after all! lol My bil and sil are going with my niece. I still said we won't be there.
Yesterday, our governor announced further restrictions here. Our numbers are scary high. I'll be surprised if she has Thanksgiving dinner now. The Center of Disease Control is discouraging having gatherings outside of your immediate family. The 4 of us will go up north and have our turkey up at the cabin. Such a bummer it's gotten this bad at this time of year. Expected a bit, I guess, with being indoors more. They closed restaurants again, only carry out. Anyway, I doubt we'll get together for xmas, either. Good news on the vaccine front, hopefully by springtime, things will start looking up! Take care, you all. xo
Old 11-16-2020, 04:00 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay safe Mirage.

D
Old 11-19-2020, 12:59 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Mirage , I was starting to wonder if you were coming, back long time no see.. I think the cabin sounds lovely for Thanksgiving .
We are so lucky living where we do , still no covid in my town and very little in the whole of Australia.
My dear Dad turned 85 this week the family all went out for Chinese except my sister who lives way up North and couldn't be here . The borders and opening and closing all the time and you just might get stuck in Quarantine if you time it wrong and there is an outbreak . All else is good and not much to report.
Take care all and stay safe.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to your dad love. s xx
Old 11-25-2020, 03:56 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Update: turkey will be consumed here at the house and then we'll head up north. AND, my mil has since cancelled her Thanksgiving party after all. lol We're gonna drop them off a little pie tomorrow, to my folks as well. It's getting so bad here, I'm convinced we will all get it eventually. My 78 yr old aunt has it, had a horrible rash on her legs and nausea. Weird how it's different for everybody. Anyway, I'm stressed out. I just have this constant anxiety that one of these days I'm just gonna feel deathly ill. I had such a rough year last year health wise, I'm so paranoid about my health being bad now. I'm a positive person, but man, this constant covid crap is getting to me. And everyone else, I know.

Take care everyone! Happy birthday to your dad, Aussie! xo
Old 11-25-2020, 04:21 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

We can all only do our best mirage.
Take all the precautions you feel are necessary.

D
Old 12-03-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
orangutan

I hope you Aunt gets over it Mirage . Sorry your suffering anxiety too , it is such a horrible feeling I have it constant too at the moment but not over covid , the storms are around with a vengeance , I know I go on about this but I really can't cope .
Has any one put up their Christmas tree yet , I just can't get into the Christmas spirit , forced myself to write Christmas cards the other day so I could get some over to England in time , I have finished my shopping but it sits in the spare room waiting to be wrapped .

Now that I have brightened your day , Have a good one.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Aussie - I know you hate them.
No storms here at all - not wishing for hurricanes but I'm thinking a bit of rain would cool things down. :

D
Old 12-03-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Also know you hate them Aussie love....wrapping you in hugs. xx ❤️
Old 12-03-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sorry Aussie - I know you hate them.
No storms here at all - not wishing for hurricanes but I'm thinking a bit of rain would cool things down. :

D
We have been lucky here temp. wise only hitting around 35 tops but some of the temps inland have been crazy high 40's , the storms haven't had much rain in them but lots of lightening . I hope we all get some good rain soon , just plain old rain .
Take care Dee.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Also know you hate them Aussie love....wrapping you in hugs. xx ❤️
Old 12-03-2020, 02:45 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Australia is just the best place on earth, but gosh the weather is challenging. s
Old 12-07-2020, 08:18 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hey all! Yes, Aussie, I've put up the tree and more lights in my house than I care to admit. lol The house is pretty decked out with lights. I figure if we're spending so much time inside, alone, we may as well have it all lit up and pretty. I'm about 94% done with my gift buying. I ordered my xmas cards (I do the ones with the family pics on them), and the post office says they were delivered but they're not. Oh no! I'm not sure what happened, but I'm hoping the card company will just send me new ones. Yikes, we'll see. We won't be gathering with anyone this year. We'll probably visit in the driveway with our parents quickly (it's cold here) or maybe go inside and stay a distance from them with masks on. Our restaurants are closed due to our numbers. I guess it's bad all over the states, tho. Anyway, no big gatherings, but my boys are living here (21 and 19) and I'm SUPER grateful for that. We'll have a fire and watch a movie and it'll be good. I've had NO motivation to exercise and I need to step it up. I've gone soft and lazy. I think it would make me feel better emotionally, too. That's what they say anyway, haha.

Sorry about the storms, aussie. I hate the way they affect you so, I get it. Hang in there. OH! My aunt is fine now, thank you, She recovered and never did give it to my uncle. Such a weird virus.

Doing the rain dance for my Aussie friends! I'm glad you're here, I appreciate you all. xxoo
Old 12-10-2020, 12:59 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
orangutan

Glad to hear your Aunt recovered Mirage , great news.

Alright you can stop with the rain dance too , we are on flood watch this weekend with a deepening low pressure trough , we are expecting heavy falls for the next 4 days on top of king tides. It just feels like the disasters just keep coming this year.

Always whinging yours Claire.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:02 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I'm sorry....I know that's not fun at all. s
Old 12-10-2020, 01:09 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Suze
loved the photos you posted in 24's , you have a lovely home end I envy your green thumb.