Class of March 2011 Part 27

Old 03-01-2020, 01:47 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats what addiction does Aussie.

D
Old 03-10-2020, 06:52 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Aussie, I hope you're feeling stronger and more ready every day. xo

I've had a lot of drinking dreams lately! It's like I'm sober by day and a drinker by night. Which is pretty much how it used to be, now that I think about it. Anyway, it's kinda of annoying. In my dreams, I wake up and don't know if I dreamt it or not..while I'm still sleeping!! lol ugh.

Just planned our spring break with our senior in high school. He didn't really have any interesting offers/ideas for spring break with friends, so we're driving him down to Florida. It'll be great to just chill in the sun and read and swim. I may even get a virgin pina colada or two! Those are so good. It's about an 18 hour drive, we're splitting it up.

Hope you all are well. x
Old 03-10-2020, 08:15 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good here Mirage

D
Old 03-14-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey Dee and Aussie, take good care of Tom and Rita (Hanks)! They're a national treasure! lol
Stay healthy, everyone. This is crazy. All schools cancelled for us for at least 3-4 weeks. Kids are home, stores are out of food, etc. Just crazy and sad. How are things where you are?
Old 03-14-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just starting to close things down here Mirage - hopefully it won't be for too long.

Aussieblue?

D
Old 03-14-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Also thinking of our darling aussie.
Lean on us love.....use our strength. s

Hello dearest Mirage. xxx ❤️
Old 03-15-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I see now there's a whole thread where people are talking about this, Dee. I often don't venture deeper than this thread and forget you talk to SO many people. lol

Hey Venus! Hope you are doing well in Ohio. (I think I'm remembering correctly that that's where you are.) I'm in Michigan.

Trying not to be stressed out here. I wish it were warmer so we could be outside more. Still cold here. My husband is setting up a computer here so he can work from home if need be. It looks like things are heading that way. My parents are 82 and they both have coughs now. Not gonna lie, it worries me. I just wish I could fast forward 4 weeks, this is so stressful. Hang in there, all!
Old 03-15-2020, 08:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sending healing love to your parents dear Mirage. s

Yes, OH, Columbus and it is the last cold day here...I am with you....really need to get outside.

I looked at that thread....it isn't good for me. xx
(Changed my mind...I think I can hopefully add a bit of positivity).
Old 03-15-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I know what you mean, facebook is kinda like that for me right now. Like I don't want to look, but then I look! lol People mean well, but some of it's annoying and some of it is just so overwhelming. I'm not watching the news at all, so that helps.

I just sat in the sun for an hour. I opened the door and sat just inside the house, with the sun shining in. ha! I didn't get cold and the sun felt AMAZING. Then I painted my toenails. Both, good for the soul. Exercise would be good, too. Tomorrow, I'll do that! xo
Old 03-15-2020, 02:29 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

That sounds so nice love....I hope we both have sun tomorrow. s xx
Old 03-17-2020, 02:02 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
orangutan

checking in
I wish I could say I was sober but I am not
this year is just getting worse isn't it!!!
As you know we are in a small town and need to travel for groceries , I got my elderly parents and myself set up for grocery shopping online and it was brilliant order all you needed and it came to the door , now Woolworths have pulled the pin because of panic buying there is not
enough to go around so it's back to a big drive for food and when you get there you cant even buy toilet paper the shelves are being stripped bare , my parents are in their 80's so I am going to have to try to buy enough for us both and things are limited to one per customer. I don't want to take them into crowds!!!
I am scared , I know we are all in this but I am not coping .
OMG I am such a whinger.

Prayers for your parents Mirage.
Suze love having you in our group.
Dee take advantage of the early shopping hours for pensioners ( assuming your on a pension that is)
Old 03-17-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That sounds so nice love....I hope we both have sun tomorrow. s xx
Sun for me today too , way too many prayers were said for rain during the bush fires the bloody rain hasn't stopped until today we have had 2 cyclones come down the coast in the last month more for me to worry about thankfully they both stayed off the coast and didn't turn to land but with those things you never know .

OMG I am such a whinger.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

You are not a whinger...... ((((hugs)))) at all. ❤️

That is terrible.... s

Deliveries have been suspended here as well for the moment....I am lucky I have Nick to be out in the world for us. I do not want to. Plus I am not well now and I can't.

I know some supermarkets there have hours for pensioners.....I wonder if there is a way you can document that you are shopping for your parents without taking them into the store? There has to be....lots of people are carers who shop for others without them being there. Maybe you can call Centrelink and ask them? Or Woolies. xx

oh.....you know about that, but still, wouldn't hurt to ask. s

And hey.....they might run out of wine/beer....just saying....sounds like an excellent time to stop drinking. xxxxxx ❤️
Old 03-17-2020, 02:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post
Sun for me today too , way too many prayers were said for rain during the bush fires the bloody rain hasn't stopped until today we have had 2 cyclones come down the coast in the last month more for me to worry about thankfully they both stayed off the coast and didn't turn to land but with those things you never know .

OMG I am such a whinger.
You have a fair bit to whinge about love. What a bloody year. s ❤️
Old 03-17-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Plus I am not well now and I can't.

And hey.....they might run out of wine/beer....just saying....sounds like an excellent time to stop drinking. xxxxxx ❤️
I am sorry your not well I hope it's not related to this dreadful corona virus. Take care and get well .

Wouldn't that cause a stir if they ran out of grog , for me it would be a good thing but in Australia I think it would cause a riot.

Love you Suze.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry this is weighing on you so much Aussie.
All I can say is I couldn't live with this situation drinking - I think you're making it way harder on yourself.

The elderly shopping hours will have some teething problems but it's a good idea.

Aldi's are opening later and closing earlier to make sire the shelves are stocked, and everywhere has limits set to discourage panic buying.

We'll be ok

D
Old 03-17-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
orangutan

What the hell is wrong with people the behaviour in the supermarkets is a disgrace.

Dee I just can't find it in me to stop right now , I know it is probably making things worse but I am so down and I am struggling to see how I am going to make things work. I so badly need some positive to come into my life everyday more negative is creeping in.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Darling aussie,

drinking brings the darkness.....maybe a second of relief but the consequences are that life becomes harder and the negatives get bigger. YOU can be the positive you let in here. I really believe that love. s xx ❤️

I am with you every step. Always. Adore you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-17-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
orangutan

Suze , you are right about booze letting in the dark . When I signed in today there was a note saying I hadn't been here in a while and perhaps I might like to post in the gratitude forum , so that is twice today it has been pointed out to look for positive in life . I am going to give this some serious thought today.
This forum would be a different place with out you and Dee. You both put so much work and love into it.

Love, love , love you both!!!!!!
Love you too Mirgae.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I know understanding that doesn't make it any easier to stop.
And I know that last time was much harder for me to stop.
We will help you love....whatever you need....every step. s xx ❤️

And I am just lucky that no one minds having me around, cos this place is the centre of my universe. xx