Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 27

Old 03-03-2021, 03:12 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

That's the big difference here aussie.....city peopIe aII say heIIo and chat in the street.
I feIt Iike I was in the Stepford Wives in the beginning.....aII so nice nice, how couId it be reaI?
But it is....it is Iike country Aus....and that is where my heart is.
So reaIIy, my onIy issue is the pandemic and that is aImost over.
We wiII aII be vaccinated by end of May/ish they say now. Happy sigh.

And sorry for going off track.... Iove you aussie. And onward together, aIways. ❤️
Old 03-03-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
orangutan

I hate to hear you down and homesick Suze , one day this pandemic will be over and hopefully our lives will get back to normal. The vaccine is only just starting to be rolled out here mostly front line workers and nursing homes so far , I am still nervous about it .
Old 03-03-2021, 04:30 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't be nervous Aussie - it's not an injection of the virus, just some of the associated specific proteins that will spark our immune system to fight it.

Looking fwd to mine - groub1b

D
Old 03-03-2021, 06:25 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

We just heard today that 50 and over folks with health conditions will be eligible on Monday and healthy over 50, 2 weeks from then, March 22. That's amazing. I really didn't think it would be on my radar till July or August the way they were talking earlier. A light at the end of the tunnel at least. I'll take any positivity I can get at this point! I'm tired of being at home, too, Suze. You and I get very cold winters, too, so you can't even have a meal outdoors. It's nice that Spring is on the horizon.

Seeing a doc for my knee tomorrow. It's been 2 weeks since my.. unfortunate accident.., lol so I think I should get it looked at. It's not getting much better. I can't even think about the potential surgery, it's so freaking depressing.
Hang in there, everybody! xo
Old 03-03-2021, 08:04 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you won't need surgery Mirage

D
Old 03-05-2021, 11:41 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

(I meant surgery for my tummy, not my knee, so I'm clear.) Knee doc says to get an MRI for a possible meniscus tear or ligament sprain. I have the appt. for the 15th, but I'll be darned if it didn't start to feel better yesterday! I'm hoping it just keeps getting better so I can cancel the MRI altogether! If it doesn't, I'll go and get it.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:43 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Fingers crossed Iove. s
Old 03-11-2021, 05:31 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Helloooo! Quick update on my hot mess self. Just cancelled the MRI on my knee, as it's feeling better! Yay!
Had bloodwork done yesterday, cholesterol is bad, but other numbers I was worried about (sugar levels) are good! Better than they have been in years, so I'm thrilled about that. Have to sort out the cholesterol. Not sure why it's high other than me being a slug over Covid year.
Have consult today.
You all cooling off yet? We've had a warm stint, it's been nice. It's fake Spring, tho..more chilly weather coming. Don't put your plants out yet, Venus. lol
Have a great week, all!
Old 03-11-2021, 05:45 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Too Iate.
But not too many, so I can bring them in if necessary.

GIad to hear that about your knee. ❤️
Old 03-12-2021, 02:56 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in
glad to hear the knee is coming good Mirage.
Also glad your weather is heating up for you all , there is a definite change in the season here too the mornings have been cool and the nights a bit cooler also still right in the middle of storm season though this week there have been plenty.

Take care and love to you all.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:24 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hey all..another update in case I don't get back here in the next week. Had the consult with the surgeon and I'm having a bowel re-section done on March 30. He's taking a section of my sigmoid colon out and sewing the colon ends together. Hopefully it will be laparoscopic, 5 incisions. It's a 4 hour surgery, in the hospital for about 5 days, recovery at home for 2-3 weeks. I'm bummed but I guess it has to be done. It won't get better and it could get a lot worse. I'm super nervous, can't wait for it all to be over. I have jittery butterflies every day.

Good news is I'm getting my first covid vaccination on the 25th! 3 weeks later, I get the second dose. I'll be glad when that's behind me, too. Anyway, any positive juju vibes you want to send my way are appreciated. Hopefully I make it through without any complications. I'm only 53, I've a lotta years I'd like to live yet! lol Love you guys. xo
Old 03-18-2021, 04:31 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Oh gosh honey.....a bit scary but it is going to be so good when it is over. No more boweI pain. Yay.
Sounds Iike you have awesome docs. s ❤️
Old 03-23-2021, 06:36 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I went stalking Dee cuz he's been quiet. I found that he hurt his back. Hope you're healing and resting, Dee! xo
Old 03-26-2021, 02:43 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope we all steer clear of too much more extreme weather

D
I think we spoke a bit early there .
Thanks for the pm Dee I thought I would post it here save me writing it twice. I don't know if my American friends have seen the weather we have been experiencing here but wow , the entire state of N.S.W. was either on flood watch or been if flood. As you know I don't do weather well , and this last week has been exhausting for me , my nerves are shot. We actually got of lightly though , the river came up but no houses we inundated we were cut off for a number of days and the village was cut in two when the main road washed away . The roads are open again and one lane of the main street road is open to get to the other end of town. I can't believe the last 18 months of fires floods and covid .

How did you get on in the big wet Dee ? also sorry you have hurt your back .

Mirage I don't like the sound of that operation but you must need it . I will be thinking of you.

Not going to leave you out Suze.

Old 03-26-2021, 02:46 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

❤️

I have been thinking of you with these fIoods....I keep checking aII of the info every day....
GIad to know that you are mostIy ok. xxxxxxx s
Old 03-26-2021, 03:00 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was flat on my back Aussie so if it flooded near me I didn't know about it lol.
Glad you missed any flood action.

looks like normal weather has been resumed

D
Old 03-27-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I haven't heard about the floods! Sorry to hear it, hope you both are staying dry and safe. xo
Old 04-07-2021, 08:10 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Well, I'm alive and home, healing. They took 8 inches of my colon, I was in the hospital 3 nights and have been home since Friday. Hope you all are well..xxoo
Old 04-07-2021, 08:14 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Oh Iove.....so gIad you are home and aII fixed.
Sending massive heaIing Iove. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 04-09-2021, 03:40 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
orangutan

G'day
Mirage glad to hear your alright , 3 days seems a short time in hospital for that operation. I hope your family is taking good care of you. Get well soon.

It has been another wet week here but thankfully we didn't get the forecast rain on top of the recent flood or we would have been in big trouble. Today the sun shines now I can complain about the heat .

Hit a milestone on the 7th , 10 months .