Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 27

Old 01-27-2021, 04:57 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

GIad your son's gf is OK Iove.

And YAY....makes me happy every time someone teIIs us they are getting the vaccine....in this case your parents....super happy for them. s
Old 01-27-2021, 02:30 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Administrator

keeping my fingers crossed for you guys Mirage

D
Old 01-29-2021, 01:38 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
orangutan

I wish covid would just go away , I am worried about my parents getting the jab in case they have an adverse reaction at their age .
School holidays have finished here thank goodness and only one more month of summer and heat to go although the heat will hang around for a while but coming into my time of year.
Take care all.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:46 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

My understanding is that they are weII prepared for any adverse reactions Iove....they get peopIe to stay for a bit after the injection and they are monitored. s

Sending you so much Iove darIing Aussie. s xx ❤️
Old 01-29-2021, 03:16 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Administrator

Aussie I've researched it pretty well and the risk of adverse reactions is, I think, very low. If their GP thinks it's ok, I'd trust their opinion

D
Old 02-27-2021, 02:01 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in
I am doing alright I hope your alright too Mirage its a long time since you posted . I haven't logged in for a while . Not much going on in my life. Same old same old . Just thought I would say Hi.
Hi Suze and Dee love to you guys too.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:37 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hi aussie Iove s xx ❤️
Old 02-27-2021, 11:05 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi guys
Can summer be over now Aussie?

D
Old 02-28-2021, 05:33 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

.....whiIe I throw buckets of water into my backyard to meIt the ice so I can take the rubbish out.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:28 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi guys
Can summer be over now Aussie?

D
Officially Autumn today not that it feels like it still 21 degrees c. at night and 30 c. by day .
A cyclone brewing up where my sister is I worry a lot about her she was hit with cat. 4 last time. Lets hope it goes to sea.
Storms for me for the next 3 days .
Oh well.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:31 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
.....whiIe I throw buckets of water into my backyard to meIt the ice so I can take the rubbish out.
I have seen some of your extreme weather on the telly . Scary stuff . Maybe I don't need to see snow.
Take care Suze.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:19 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

He he. Snow is good. Ice not so much. I was IiteraIIy afraid of waIking down the back steps. Now it is aImost meIted.
And it is the Iast for the season. Spring is sprung. No matter that this country doesn't seem to think it happens tiII the 20th odd.
I am an Aussie. I swapped seasons but I am doing it our way....from the 1st.

And I have mandeviIIas on the way. So ❤️
Old 02-28-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope we all steer clear of too much more extreme weather

D
Old 03-01-2021, 11:44 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Happy March, my Marchers! I've been waiting till the 1st to say hello. haha Can't believe we've been in this group for TEN years. Crazy, isn't it?? My gosh. Maybe some old timers will pop in and say hello this month. That would be fun.

It's not been a great start to the year for me, I had a diverticulitis flare up the end of January which landed me in the ER. Luckily, they were able to send me home with antibiotics and not keep me. I was on the couch for about 2 weeks before feeling better. My doc wants me to consult with a surgeon to see what he says about possible resectioning my colon. (Taking the part out that gives me troubles). This is terrifying and I don't want to. lol. I will make an appointment, but I'm not rushing. I'm not sure what to do. And then I was snowmobiling last weekend and I tipped the sled over on top of me and when I was falling off, I put my leg out like you would on a bicycle. Like I'm gonna right myself on this heavy piece of machinery. I did something to my knee. I can walk on it now, but it still hurts a lot. So yeah, it's been a sh*t month or so! haha I'm hoping the year gets better!

That's funny, Venus, when I was reading Aussie's post I was thinking "your summer's officially over? It's only the 1st! Isn't it official on the 20th? Is that different over there?" lol As much as I enjoy the actual equinoxes and solstices, I, too, generally think of it in 3 month segments. Dec, Jan, Feb = winter, March, April, May = Spring, June, July, August = Summer, and Sept, Oct, Nov = Fall. I realize it's opposite over there, but you get the picture.

So Venus, now that you've been in the states awhile, what do you think of it? How does it compare to living in Australia? Which do you prefer? (I'm guessing that the majority of the time, one prefers their native country.) Just curious on your take of the differences.

Aussie, my parents got both their vaccinations and no side effects at all if that makes you feel any better. They say the older you are, the less reaction I guess, which is interesting.

Ta for now, enjoy the thaw in the states and the cooling off for Dee and Aussie!! xo
Old 03-01-2021, 12:05 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I might answer that another day if that's OK Iove.....aII you are going to get right now is I have no Iife here and it was a huge mistake. I can't understand Americans and I am already sick of snow. Sorry s

Wishing you aII of the best with your diverticuIitis treatment Iove. xxxxx ❤️
Old 03-01-2021, 09:44 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your various injuries mirage - I hope you're entering a long no injury period now
we always seem to flip seasons over on the first of a month - maybe that is an Aussie thing.

I hope that the upcoming spring summer and beyond will be better for you Suze.

D
Old 03-02-2021, 04:59 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

So, I may have been in a sIghtIy bad mood yesterday afternoon.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:27 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Lol Venus, it's ok! I don't understand Americans either! haha I'm so sorry your transition hasn't been all you were hoping for though, truly. That's such a bummer. But yes, when you do feel like venting, I'd love to hear your take. I've never lived anywhere else, but I did "live" in London for 3 month when I was in my 20s. I was dating a Brit and went over to stay with him and his parents (we were college aged and it was summer, hence the parents.) Anyway, I loved it there but I did notice a big cultural difference with the people. I found them so reserved and unfriendly. Strangers didn't even make eye contact, let alone say hello. It was very strange and sad to me. I'm not sure if it's still like that, but it really stood out to me. Anyway, just my little anecdote. I hope your personal experience improves! xo
Old 03-02-2021, 07:45 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

I think it's aII about not having been out of the house for a year.
PIus I don't understand Americans.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:07 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
orangutan

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARCHERS

Wow 10 years where did that go . And I still haven't managed a full year sober . 9 months has often been my undoing , only days away now. Sorry you have had such a rough trot this year Mirage , I don't like the sound of that operation.
I have never left Australia so don't have any experience living in another country but I can tell you there is a big difference to country people and city people here in Australia , in my village we say hi to any one we pass in the street even if we don't know them , but we get the city people who give you strangest of looks when you speak to them and they don't know you often they just look straight ahead and keep walking.
Yes it would be nice to see a few of the old Marchers , so if your out there speak up.