Notices

Class of September Part 2 2019

Old 09-30-2019, 05:25 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week Leo

I'm sorry RattleandHum - you too runner - its good you're both back posting tho.

Can you folks think of anything you might be able to add to what you've been doing to stay sober?

More changes? More support?

D
Old 09-30-2019, 05:58 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your graduation guys!

Old 09-30-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Thank you both Karen and Dee.

Dee, I went to my first A.A. meeting in a long time. I’ve always been resistant, but I’m glad I went. I like the people there, and it’s a smaller group (good for me because I tend to hide behind the numbers when there’s a larger group). I got some numbers and was invited to another meeting I plan on attending. I now can admit that I need support. I tend to isolate, and that tends to bring me back to day 1. Thanks for asking.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Runner, Good for you for getting right back at it.

Day 13. This addiction is ruthless. it cares nothing about our well being; only about being fed. I am going to work really hard this time to avoid drinking situations and letting myself entertain any thoughts about drinking. As I begin to feel better, they have popped up briefly, but I'm quickly shutting them out and reminding myself I no longer drink. I was so sick and miserable. It is so bizarre how the brain can forget the misery and just wants the quick escape or buzz the wine provided. Alcohol is a liar and a destroyer.

This is not easy, but I think I finally understand that I've got to put more work into this than I was in the past. I sure put a lot of time and energy into sneaking and drinking. It's time to put the time and energy into health and spiritual growth. No more A. You don't own me anymore.

Sweet dreams, dear class.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:22 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RattleAndHum View Post
It’s day one, again. Too many agains. I’m sorry, everyone. I really am.

I don’t really want to go into it right now, but Friday I got an urge while grocery shopping and just turned off my mind and downplayed everything I’ve been working toward. Friday - Sunday I drank. Had to take the day off work today as a result - something I’ve never done before.

This is killing me. I’m not in a good place. I’m going to lose everything if I can’t stop. I told people close to me I need help. I can’t do this alone.
So much love Mike.....you are not alone. Not at all. You have every single one of us in your corner. And we all get it. Big time. The grocery store with the alcohol right there did me in many times. I needed to buy groceries online for a while after I got sober; I was just so unsafe.

You can stop, and you are not going to lose everything.
This, for me, just means you need some more tools, a better army if you like.....always willing to text if you want while you are in the store....lots of us do that for each other.....gosh, I had SR friends talk me out of the supermarket a few times. One time I had to leave with no groceries, but hey, I didn't buy alcohol.

With you every step, with oodles of love.
It is going to be OK.
I see the rest of a wonderful life in front of you. xx
Old 09-30-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Runner1234 View Post
Good evening all...
Rattle...sending positive energy and a big hug...we are here for you!

I have been away from all the things that keep me on my recovery path since the kids came home. Last night I was cleaning up after our gathering and a half-bottle of wine was left...went into auto-pilot instead of pouring it out. I was exhausted and just did not turn to the tools that work for me I made it to 29 days..bummed about my choice, but shaking it off and starting Day 1 again. I am identifying that when my daily routine is disrupted, I am at a high risk for poor choices. I'll reflect and learn what I could have done differently.
Congrats to everyone for the progress and milestones. Thank you all for the sharing and support here...it means so much on this journey!
Honestly sweetheart, I was worried about you with all of the family home and so much cooking and work and so many celebrations.....it is a lot.

You just got too tired and forgot for a minute....and now you know even more that this is your path. ♥♥
Old 09-30-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds great Mike

D
Old 09-30-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Runner, Good for you for getting right back at it.

Day 13. This addiction is ruthless. it cares nothing about our well being; only about being fed. I am going to work really hard this time to avoid drinking situations and letting myself entertain any thoughts about drinking. As I begin to feel better, they have popped up briefly, but I'm quickly shutting them out and reminding myself I no longer drink. I was so sick and miserable. It is so bizarre how the brain can forget the misery and just wants the quick escape or buzz the wine provided. Alcohol is a liar and a destroyer.

This is not easy, but I think I finally understand that I've got to put more work into this than I was in the past. I sure put a lot of time and energy into sneaking and drinking. It's time to put the time and energy into health and spiritual growth. No more A. You don't own me anymore.

Sweet dreams, dear class.
Yes. This. Big time.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Off to finish my huge research paper
I have 2 hours odd....gonna make it.

Love and goodnight and have a great day D. ♥
Old 09-30-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes with the paper

D
Old 09-30-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Huh. Never made it to the end of the month before.

Off to catch up on what I've missed...
Old 09-30-2019, 08:39 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Off to finish my huge research paper
I have 2 hours odd....gonna make it.

Love and goodnight and have a great day D. ♥
Hope your paper (and presentation?) went well!! I have two exams this week, first of the semester for these classes, so it's always that fun uncertainty of what to expect from them.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:45 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

D and D
Honestly, that was the hardest I have ever worked (school-wise) in my life.
Done. Thank God. Exhausted.

Catch you all tomorrow. s xx
Old 09-30-2019, 09:02 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 13, Quit!

To runner, 29 days was a great accomplishment! Look at what you did! And you can do it again and more. Oftentimes, when I mess up once, I get so frustrated by the number resetting to "1" that I just use that as an excuse to go ahead and drink because what's a few more "day 1s." So kudos to you for coming right back here.

Mike, great job on going to AA! That's something I've toyed with but never had the guts to do myself so good on you.

Finishing up day 17 here myself. Headed to bed soon. May sound silly, but I'm kinda proud of myself for staying sober 28 of the 30 days in September, even if I did have that one slip. I did something. I'd forgotten what it was like to feel good about myself for something.

Night all!
Old 10-01-2019, 02:14 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Dee, Daria. venuscat, thank you all

Quitnow, everything you said speaks to me. I’ve always been afraid to ask for help and have failed due to my brain and its wonderful tendency to forget or downplay my problem and numerous past miseries due to alcohol. I think part of the reason I was afraid to ask for help was a part of me always expected to fail at some point. I’ve also just been truly bad at asking for help. Well, I’ve asked many for help now. Cat’s out of the bag, so to say

venuscat, your words struck home once again. Thank you so much

Daria, keep it up! 17 days is great
Old 10-01-2019, 03:13 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Runner-Those 29 days are not lost. Your body knows all the good things you did for it and is looking forward to getting right back to it. I have a question. Hope I'm not out of line. Did you think there was a possibility that this might happen going into the great celebrations, or did it just smack you out of nowhere? I've had many people at SR tell me that once you start planning for the possibility of drinking, instead of just saying no, that you've already lost. This is something that I'm working on correcting now. Anyway, just something to think about. Jags fans hang together

Hope you're doing OK this morning MIke.

Quit-You are sounding more grounded all the time. Congrats on your days.

Hi Karen. Hope you are doing well this morning. Hi Daria. Of course, Venus and Dee and anyone else I missed.

I'm on day 30. One month down. Hope this class stays together.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats bob

D
Old 10-01-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Congrats, bobdrop! 30 days is fantastic
Old 10-01-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days Bob!
Mike, you've made such a great decision, asking for help, telling people, going to AA. Fantastic!
I will have to wait until tonight to say anything else. I woke up late and have to run.
Happy Sober Day to all!
Old 10-01-2019, 10:37 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Congrats Bob!!!!

And I see this class sticking together for a long time to come. s

So.....full disclosure. I had a panic attack in class this morning.....big time....I forgot my flash drive with my PP presentation and I had about 4 hours sleep last night and suffice to say that my teacher and fellow classmates are very nice. I got help.....my school email just wouldn't open and then (panic attack) I could not remember how to even forward an email....gosh.

And I did my presentation on the wrong thing pretty much....most people followed the guidelines from the paper and just repeated the info they had there....noooooooooo......not me.....I gave a presentation that was extra info about the drug of addiction I had to cover....so I basically did two assignments to everyone else's one, and I hope I don't lose a ton of marks over that. Oops.

And I still have gobs of mascara to get off my face....I look like a panda bear right now.

Hey Leo love, how are you? s