Notices

Class of September Part 2 2019

Old 10-04-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

We had our last hot one yesterday.....up to 72 odd today....my perfect temp.

Love and have a great Friday everyone. s ❤️

PS.....sorry not to say anything regarding your sweet cat Daria....I still can't.....I am not over losing Venus yet at all, and it has been 3 years. Praying that your cat will be alright still....it is so hard when they get old or sick. Sending so much love. ❤️
Old 10-04-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Good morning and a good day to all of you!

Going to get work done this morning, go walking with a friend around lunchtime, then taking my daughter to a musical tonight. Should be a lovely Friday and even more so, since I won’t be drinking.

Stay committed this weekend and if you’re struggling; please post. We understand.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Day 9... that's all... xoxox
Old 10-04-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Better day today. Fall is rushing in and colors are so lovely. Such clarity when we don't drink.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

^^^ Isn't is just amazing? We thought we were getting high, but we were actually missing out on the natural highs in life. xx
Old 10-04-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Good day all....
Awake...I can relate to your situation with hubby...it makes the road more challenging for sure...glad today is brighter for you!
Quit...Yea for 3 miles and so glad you are feeling better!
Daria...I hope your furbaby is doing better...big hug!
Bob...Go Gators...have a great time with the activities!
Karen...Yes..praying for cool weather here in the South, Venus 72 degrees sounds like heaven!
I had a meltdown at Walmart...the greeter was a precious little old lady that reminded me so much of my mom...I gave her a hug and cried all the way home. They were good tears though. I sat processing my sadness instead of wanting to run for a glass of wine. The hardest part of my journey has been processing the suppressed emotions that were numbed with wine for 5 years and apparently I have a long way to go. The longest AF stretch was 7 months, but it was not emotional sobriety. Slowly I am working through the tough stuff and reminding myself to be patient.

Wishing everyone a delightful, sober weekend
Old 10-04-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Not a whole lot to report here. Mostly a lazy day here where I'm procrastinating finishing up something that is due by tonight. Day 21! I thought 3 weeks would feel more exciting, but it just feels like any other day.

P.S. - Cat is fine for now. I'm a bit worried about her kidney function though. Hoping they'll test her again next week. It's been 7 months since she was last tested. It seems she's been drinking a lot of water lately on top of her more recent litter box issue. We're keeping her in her own little bedroom for now when we can't supervise her. Thanks for the thoughts on her!
Old 10-04-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Happy 21 days Daria! Glad the kitty is doing better.
So sorry for your sweet kitty, Venus. It is hard to lose a loved one, whether a human or a pet.
I have been feeling exhausted and I remembered reading on SR something about post-acute withdrawal syndrome and I googled it. I found some very interesting, and to me important, information. I'm going to look into it more.
I put in for a couple of days off at the end of next week. I really am tired. Part of me wants to go somewhere, get away completely. Part of me wants to stay here and get my house organized and do yard work.
Runner, I'm right with you in having emotions and having to deal with them. It can be overwhelming. Use to, the worst thing in my life was my drinking and it took all my time and effort. Now, there's all this other stuff. Let's both hang in there! I understand it gets better, but takes time.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Hi everyone—

I’m trying to read through all your posts, but my brain isn’t exactly operating at optimal performance today. I’m feeling better in some ways — the doom and gloom has lifted a bit — but a little down. All to be expected though, and all too familiar territory. I’m not drinking (day 5 now). My wife and I are going to watch a movie. I know what a night like this with drinking brings. Instead, I’ll take it easy and enjoy just relaxing.

I hope all are well.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:41 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Joy Mike Daria Runner Awake QuitKaren, Bob Venus and everyone hitting a milestone today no matter what it is

D
Old 10-04-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

May I just please say: be kind to yourselves....wherever you are right now....too tired, too anything....it is all OK.....we don't need to put additional pressure on ourselves to be anything but where we are right now.....sober, and doing this one day at a time. That is really wonderful.

Rest, do whatever your body tells you that you need.....it is all unfolding exactly the way it is meant to. You are all amazing.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good evening all...
Karen...Sorry, you are feeling tired...I believe when i feel like that, it's my body healing and I do better when I listen (easier said than done though). Self-care is so important for all of us on our journey.
Mike...relax and enjoy your movie night!
Daria...Congrats on day 21!
Venus...you are spot on as always...thanks for all the great encouragement here!

I attended a meeting tonight although I dislike taking time away from visiting with my son. Attempting to balance his visit and keeping my recovery a priority.

Looking forward to getting the Fall decorations out of the attic tomorrow...it's my favorite time of the year!

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
Old 10-04-2019, 07:35 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5 Mike, it's good to hear from you.
Kind and wise words, Venus, thank you.
Sweet dreams to all. I'm grateful for another sober weekend.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:50 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

It's cool outside! And it's Saturday and I'm sober. What a great feeling.
I've been reading more and thinking about post-acute withdrawal syndrome. Also called paws. It's very common, in fact, it's more common to have it than not. That explains some of my exhaustion, bouts of anger, and chronic pain. Also my memory lapses and difficulty concentrating or focusing.
I know it's not the only reason I'm having those symptoms, some of them may have nothing to do with paws. But knowing that those things can be a part of my brain and body taking time to heal helps me a lot. I can find ways to deal with it, and know that if I stay sober, it will pass.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'm going out in the yard!
Old 10-05-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Good morning, Class! Yes, Karen, it’s Saturday...a beautiful fall day here and I’m not hung over or sick with a cold. There is so much to be grateful for today.

I get the emotions too. It’s tough, but so much better to work through them then temporarily drowning them out with drink.

I’ve been very tired too, but I know my body has a lot of healing to do, so going to be patient and give it lots of time to repair. I was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder earlier this year and I know that’s playing into my fatigue as well. Doing everything natural I can to try to control it. If that doesn’t work, I’ll consider a low dose medication.

Off to enjoy this day. Love to all of you. Let’s proudly check in tonight with another sober day behind us. Day 18.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Go girls!!
A lovely Saturday will be ours. ❤️
Old 10-05-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Good day all...

Congrats Quit on day 18!

Karen...enjoy your day outside!

PAWS has been strong for me while tapering off anxiety medicine. I'll be full of energy and then depleted...moods up and down. I tapered too quickly and feel this has been problematic with my recovery. Time will heal but it can be frustrating and interfering with my goals.

Part of me wants to do more...volunteer...train for a half-marathon...make life more exciting in some way. I am unsure if that's what is best for me at the moment. For now, I will enjoy time with my son and keep my sobriety a priority.

Wishing everyone a beautiful sober Saturday!
Old 10-05-2019, 08:59 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

I have read a fair bit about PAWs but I haven't experienced it, so I can't really say much. s

I think doing more can also be finishing little projects around the house until you feel ready to train for another marathon....it always me happy to see my little planters filled with new succulents.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hi all! I had a pretty frustrating day. Or I got frustrated, anyway. But, I've stayed sober so all is well.
Just got home. I found a used book store and I think I've got a good book to read at last! The last couple have been not so good. I do want another recovery book, but haven't found a good one yet.
I'm going to have a quiet evening and try to de-stress. See you all later!
Old 10-05-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

When my eyes are working again I will share a huge book is with you dear Karen.
So much love and have a great night. ❤️