Notices

Class of September Part 2 2019

Old 10-02-2019, 07:48 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Yes, goodnight all. I can’t post now, since husband just came up and we must catch up.

Ending day 15 which had a whirlwind of emotions, but I’m safe, sober, and thankful. See you tomorrow!
Old 10-03-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done quit and well done everyone on your milestones today no matter what they are

D
Old 10-03-2019, 03:42 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Good morning, class! Let’s all do another day sober, shall we?
Old 10-03-2019, 04:18 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

I'll do another day Mike.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mike.....I’m Committing to another day. Will stay close to SR since my husband is traveling tonight, and that has always been a weakness for me to drink. I don’t like when he travels. If we didn’t have children at home, I’d go with him!

Happy Thursday/Friday all!
Old 10-03-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Love to everyone. ❤️
Old 10-03-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

I'll do another day! Yay I'm on a double digit day -- nothing too special, but to me it is special haha.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:28 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I think it's fantastic Leo

Old 10-03-2019, 08:37 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Well done Quit and Leo!

Yes...everyone let's do another day together!

I came across an email this morning that made me ponder-- an attitude of gratitude. "There's a whole whack of people who would like to be here right now, doing what you are doing." Instead of feeling down about recycling back to day 1..again... I know, there are a whole lot of people who would be thrilled to make it to Day 4!

Wishing all a peaceful day
Old 10-03-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Having a rough one today. Husband keeps telling me how unconnected we are and it causes him to shut down. Just had a phone call from a former co-worker from the job I lost due to drinking - 6 years ago. She wants to get together. I just can't.Financially very strapped right now. Thanks for letting me share. I will not drink.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

I don't think it is that easy to be grateful on Day 4 dear Runner, and I am thinking maybe don't put any extra pressure on yourself. s All we need to do is get through today sober ~ together ~ The gratitude will come. I know that seeing me in the mirror again made me feel very grateful. s

Gosh Awake, your situation at home is very tough. I admire how brave and strong you are to look after yourself here. s

I don't know how much your husband drinks, but it sounds like he is invested in you continuing to drink with him and is playing on your emotions. I wish he would just support your decision. s

Sending more love and a big hug. xx
Old 10-03-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I like that thought, Runner. Stay positive and embrace the freedom sobriety provides. That’s what I’m trying to remind myself; we are actually free on this side. We put ourselves back in the lock of alcohol the moment we take a sip.

I just got back from a 3 mile run on this beautiful fall day. I haven’t been out there for 2 1/2 weeks due to illness. This is who I’m supposed to be. This is who I want to be. I will not drink today. I’ll check in tonight.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I like that way of thinking of it, too, Runner. There are so many people out there who don't know how to quit but really want to. We are some of the fortunate few. I'm staying sober with all of you today!
Congratulations on 10 days Leo!
Charley wants supper, better run. I'll be back!
Old 10-03-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say hello. Great job everyone, and congrats Leo on day 10 and runner on day 4!

It's been a busy week at school, but I'm taking tonight off from anything class -related. Maybe going to try to do some cleaning and organizing. We're presently dealing with an elderly cat with various health issues, none of them immediately dire, and I just discovered today that she hasn't been apparently using her litter-box at all times. Fun fun. She ruined my Uggs slippers and it seems like she maybe got one of my bags filled with ski gear too. I'm scared to dig into that bag to see the damage. May peruse the house and see if I locate any other spots she's been targeting. I made her another vet appt. for next week so hopefully we can try to get to the bottom of the why of this.

Anyhow, day 20 here! May pop back in later.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Administrator

. "There's a whole whack of people who would like to be here right now, doing what you are doing."

I like that Runner.

Congrats to Leo on your milestone and to everyone else hitting a milestone today

Better days are ahead I'm sure awake

I'll often say - all we need to do today is get through the day clean and sober - it need not always be graceful - the getting through's the thing

D
Old 10-03-2019, 06:23 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I like your new sign saying (don't know what it's called) Dee. So true.
Awake, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. I agree with Venus, I wish he would support your recovery. You have strong support here, though. I also hope your finances improve. That is such a stressful thing.
I am going to bed early. I fell asleep watching tv again. It's taking me a while to get my energy back.
Sweet dreams to all.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Safe and cozy in bed! Had a nice night watching son play football. It got chilly out there, so it feels so good to be under the warm covers. I think I'll go watch an Intervention on my lap top. I try to watch the ones related to alcoholism. They are great reminders of why I don't ever want to drink again.

Sorry to hear about your cat Daria. Poor thing! I hope you don't find too much more damage.

Wasting Life, How are you? I don't think you've posted in a few days. Are you ok?

Awake, Stay strong. Your in a tough situation, but you are absolutely making the right choice. I'm sure it will take time for your husband to get used to your new non drinking life, but hopefully he'll come around and support you.

Wrapping up day 16 (I think). See you all tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:38 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Busy day and weekend ahead. Alumni band stuff all weekend. We always host some at our house as well. Rehearsals, parade, THE GAME, etc. Biggest game of the year so far. And it will be hot. May not have much time to post until Sunday, so hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-04-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Administrator

You too Bob and everyone

D
Old 10-04-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good morning all! This should be the last super hot day in Georgia for a while. I'm so sick of the heat! It's been close to 100 degrees all summer. So looking forward to the cooler weather. It will be in the 80's for the next week.
I hope everyone has a great Friday and is looking forward the weekend.