View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 06:22 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by RattleAndHum View Post
It’s day one, again. Too many agains. I’m sorry, everyone. I really am.

I don’t really want to go into it right now, but Friday I got an urge while grocery shopping and just turned off my mind and downplayed everything I’ve been working toward. Friday - Sunday I drank. Had to take the day off work today as a result - something I’ve never done before.

This is killing me. I’m not in a good place. I’m going to lose everything if I can’t stop. I told people close to me I need help. I can’t do this alone.
So much love Mike.....you are not alone. Not at all. You have every single one of us in your corner. And we all get it. Big time. The grocery store with the alcohol right there did me in many times. I needed to buy groceries online for a while after I got sober; I was just so unsafe.

You can stop, and you are not going to lose everything.
This, for me, just means you need some more tools, a better army if you like.....always willing to text if you want while you are in the store....lots of us do that for each other.....gosh, I had SR friends talk me out of the supermarket a few times. One time I had to leave with no groceries, but hey, I didn't buy alcohol.

With you every step, with oodles of love.
It is going to be OK.
I see the rest of a wonderful life in front of you. xx