Notices

Class of September Part 2 2019

Old 10-01-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Yeah, I hate panic attacks. But they can't fault your effort, and you're still a lot braver than me!
Old 10-01-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

venuscat, I know how panic attacks can be the worst. I had them all throughout college and am amazed I got through. Sounds to me like you exceeded expectations on the presentation.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Still here folks. Just still suffering with a cold so managed to nap and potter about the house to the end of day 12. Feel a bit stressed cos I have a review meeting in work tomorrow and haven’t achieved most of the things I said I’d get done this week. Needed to check in to say hey as stress is my main trigger.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Well, Hoping, you've been sick so you have a very good excuse for not having finished. I hope you feel better quick! I feel like I may be getting a cold. I was going to buy some Airborne, everyone says it's great for killing off a cold. But I looked at the ingredients and it's mostly vitamin C. So, I bought two bottles of juice, instead. I'll drink lots of it and get the same effect I hope.
Venus, so sorry you had a panic attack. It does sound like you made it through well. And did great on your paper, too! Of course it's much better to actually research and put real information, not just repeat what was on there. You're going to get a much better education than your classmates because you're willing to work at it.
It's kind of like that for recovery, too. You get what you put in. That is a hard lesson for me to learn. I can be the queen of complacency and procrastination. But, I know it and am trying to change it.
Honestly, my job is getting in the way of my life. Just kidding, I know I have to work. But it does eat up my days.
I do seem to be getting my energy back, though. Slowly.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week, Leo! And Quit, is today two weeks for you?
Old 10-01-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Gosh you guys are lovely, and wise, and caring, and thank you SO much. s
Old 10-01-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Here I am 6 days in.... Was on a good path and dropped the ball at 59 days. My pattern is long term (60'ish) days and then a night out binge (black out/fall down). Repeat repeat repeat.... So I'm seeing my weak spot around 60 days. I have had over 18 months and was the happiest. Things happened and here I am... Thank you for having me "again and again and again". I'm hoping for a permanent go at this so around 54 days from now it will be December... I'll need to frequent SR daily. It works. xoxoxo
Old 10-01-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Welcome, Joy
Old 10-01-2019, 05:16 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Joy

maybe it's worth starting on a 'beat 60 days' plan right now?

D
Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Good evening all...

Catching up on all the great posts I missed.

Welcome New One, Leo and Joy

Rattle...I think asking for help is one of the biggest obstacles I face in continuous sobriety. That's a huge step you have taken on your road to freedom...Congrats to you! We can do it!

Quitnow....Well done on 13 days!

Bob...CONGRATULATIONS on 30!!! Not out of line at all...I appreciate the words of wisdom. I thought I had planned well enough in advance to avoid a slip and all was well until Sunday night...I ate some decadent Hazelnut Chocolate Cream Cake and drank too much coffee in the afternoon (two things I normally avoid). I have reactive Hyploglycemia when I eat too many carbs or sugar. My blood glucose gets low and I crave sugar which can lead to poor choices...I know better Gators, Saints, Jags and even Pittsburgh won last night...woo hoo!

Daria M..Congrats on 17 days and your successes. I agree it's easy to let 1 day turn into the rabbit hole.

Karen...Congrats on all your success and progress!

Hoping...I am sorry you are still feeling unwell. Sending healing vibes your way!

Joy...Congrats on your progress! Over the past several months...my weakness is usually in the 4th week. Dee's suggestion sounds like a good idea for us.

Venus...as always your words are so comforting. Instead of asking for help with the celebrations, I tried to do most of it myself which lead me to feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
All your efforts on your presentation will pay off for you! Sending you a big hug!

Dee..I will work on my "beat 30 day" Plan

My daughter left last night but my son is here till the 16th so things have settled down a bit. We had an amazing visit...so grateful for time with both of them.

Thank you all for the support and shares. Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
Old 10-01-2019, 07:37 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Joy!

Quick post from me tonight. 2 weeks and feeling much better. Incredibly busy day so I’m very tired and going to bed soon.

So great to see so many posts. This is going to be a great class long term; I just know it! Really thankful for each one of you.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:41 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Quitnow, great job on two weeks and glad to hear you’re feeling better!
Old 10-02-2019, 01:46 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Quit

good plan Runner!

hey R & H~!
Old 10-02-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Morning all! I woke up feeling better. I don't know if it was all the juice, or just that now that I'm not drinking my immune system works better. Sobriety is great!
Welcome to New One and Joy! The early days can be tough, please let us know how you're doing.
Congratulations on two weeks, Quit! I was elated when I got to two weeks. It made me see that I could do this, that I was actually going to get sober! And, it started getting easier, too. I think it was around two weeks that the cravings lessened. I don't ever want to go through that again.
So, now I am worried about getting complacent. I find it's so easy now, and that seems like a warning to me. I've had so much experience with how bad it gets and how easy it is to go back. The door to a sick, drunk life is always right in front of me. One day, maybe even now, if I go through that door, it will lock behind me. That's not how I want to spend my life, and it's scary.
I read on a sober facebook group I belong to where a woman posted about how now that she is sober, she is recovered and doesn't plan to spend her life thinking about it. She got tons of 'likes', others seemed to think that was a great plan. I know how 'cunning, baffling and powerful' (in the words of the Big Book) alcohol is, and I disagree with her. I think I will always need to keep sobriety as my number one goal and do what it takes to keep it.
Hugs and happy sober day to everyone!
Old 10-02-2019, 03:57 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I am sure wordy this morning, but I wanted to share one more thing. This Steven King novel that I'm reading (which has been boring and I may not finish it) has the main character as a recovering alcoholic. I just think it's funny that I decide to read something not recovery related and it talks about AA and his efforts to stay sober. God is wanting me to keep my mind on recovery, I think!
Old 10-02-2019, 04:04 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 31 here. I had thought once I got to a month that I would stop counting days and just start counting weeks, but I just don't feel like I'm there yet. Still feeling too fragile. Went to the Dr yesterday and he was very direct and probing into my drinking issues. He wasn't convinced that SR was enough. Still processing.

Hi Joy, Hoping, Newone or anyone else I missed yesterday. I am encouraged that the thread has moved to a different place and still seems strong. We need each other. I know I do.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Day 9

Today is day 9. doing well feel better. Happy.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 days Denise.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Runner - Thank you! Let’s “beat” 30 (and beyond - when we get there) together. I’m happy you got to spend time with your kids and still have time with your son.

Karen - You’re not alone in battling complacency, believe me. This time around I’m trying to do everything to tackle it, with SR as one tool. I’m at the point where I know, for me personally, that I need a lot of support around me — not to get sober but to stay sober. That last part is the hard one We can do it, though! What King novel are you reading? I’m a big fan of his, but not everything he writes strikes a chord. I guess it’s to be expected with how much he has written in his time — and he’s sober and has been for a long time, another thing I like about him

bobdrop - Keep on counting! 31 days is fantastic.

Dee - hello to you, too! Thanks for always being here for us

I hope all are doing well. I have the day off for a doctor’s appointment, something I scheduled for my elbow a while back. The day off comes at a good time though. Unsurprisingly, this has been a tough week. It’s day 3 and I’m all out of sorts, but I have hope.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 10-02-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Love and good morning everyone. s

Bob ~ I like your doctor. That sounds like a very caring medical professional.

Congrats on being sober another day....everyone......there are some HUGE goals being kicked by everyone!!!