Notices

Class of September Part 2 2019

Old 09-28-2019, 02:51 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

I'd like to enroll myself in Class of September 2019 please.

Day One.

🤝🤝🤝
Old 09-28-2019, 04:09 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Welcome KTB!!

Just checking in for day 10. This morning痴 run went ok but I知 all fluey now. I think I知 coming down with something. So I just wanted to post to say hey (it really helps with accountability and keeps me grounded).

Had some lemsip about an hour ago. Going to get some shuteye. Sorry for not stopping for longer xxx
Old 09-28-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KTB5000 View Post
I'd like to enroll myself in Class of September 2019 please.

Day One.

🤝🤝🤝
Wonderful to see you dear KTB.
Sending love and hugs and so glad you joined the class!!! 💜
Old 09-28-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingwishing View Post
Welcome KTB!!

Just checking in for day 10. This morning痴 run went ok but I知 all fluey now. I think I知 coming down with something. So I just wanted to post to say hey (it really helps with accountability and keeps me grounded).

Had some lemsip about an hour ago. Going to get some shuteye. Sorry for not stopping for longer xxx
Hope you feel better soon love. s

Old 09-28-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Daria

get well soon Bob and Hopingwishing

D
Old 09-28-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Good evening all...
I just wanted to do a quick check in and say welcome to new classmates and congrats to everyone for all the great progress going on. Please feel better soon to those fighting the fall illnesses.
It's been incredible having the kids back home...we had a great day in St. Augustine and a lovely dinner tonight. Tomorrow we have friends and family over for a football/birthday gathering. I am not used to all the activity and a feeling a bit worn out but loving every minute.
Happy new moon tonight...wishing everyone a super Sunday
Old 09-29-2019, 03:26 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Runner-That is great! I Love St. Augustine. One of my favorite places.

Day 28 here. 4 weeks. Hoping this bug goes away soon. Ready for another lazy day of football.

Welcome newcomers.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Congratulations on four weeks, Bob! Awesome!
I hope you and Hoping get well soon.
Welcome KTB! I'm glad you're here.
I am going to have to spend a few hours doing work for my job. Mostly on the computer so I hope to be back off and on for a while. Days when I can come to SR a lot are always good days. It makes me stronger.
Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

I was reading backwards again and after I posted I found I had missed a whole page. I love it when everyone posts.
I miss our missing people, too. I hope they check in soon.
When I was constantly relapsing it was very hard to come back and post after I drank. I saw others doing well, and in my alcohol hazed mind it seemed like my posts would just be a downer for them. But now I see that being able to come here and be honest, and get support, is a powerful tool for stopping the cycle.
Sorry for going on, I meant to just come back and say Welcome Daria!
Quit, I'm with you though on focusing on recovery and letting the rest fall in as it will. I'm working on my life and my surroundings now that I have a few weeks, but part of my plan is not to get overwhelmed or over tired.
See you all soon!
Old 09-29-2019, 06:28 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

You write the loveliest and most insightful things dear Karen, so please don't be sorry. I always want to hear more. s

I am with you on that plan.....I have a very full plate and I was far too tired and overwhelmed.....one step at a time, with self-care.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

I am not sure....I am at CCSC now, and ideally will do my associate there and then maybe Ohio State to get my Bachelor in Social Work. And yes, this is my first semester, and I have a ginormous assignment to get into today.....I have had weeks and now have 3 days left to do it. Hmm....I see some character traits I need to work on.
This sounds about like me. I'm better than I was with my first couple degrees on the procrastination front, but I still put things off a bit. I've always needed deadlines to motivate me to some extent. I had a goofy little 10 point homework assignment due Friday night and didn't even start it until 3 PM the day of? lol Granted, I knew it wouldn't take me long to do, but still...

Happy Sunday all! I'm gonna try to get some homework/studying in today and work on the house a bit (I hope). Maybe a bit of piano practice too.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I play piano as well.....not for a long time though.

I just did assignment work for 5 or 6 hours and I am a tired puppy.
This is not so easey peasey. APA referencing and formatting? Blech.

Halfway done, and it is due by midnight tomorrow....I will get there.

Housework time now.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. s
Old 09-29-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I went out this afternoon to get lunch. A 5 minute walk away is a large retail complex that also houses a subway station and food court. I pass through it almost daily. It also has a liquor store which I go to when actively drinking.

I was on 'auto-pilot' deep in thought about something else when I realized I was in the liquor store and not the food court. Sheer habit. Thankfully, I was really hungry for souvlaki and turned around back out to the food court. I had not thought about drinking at all before this but my brain has certainly ingrained the liquor store as the number one option whenever I enter the mall.

Not drinking today!
Old 09-29-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hard work day. So relieved that my hubby has gone out to visit friends! I need the peace., sober.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Flu is making it very easy to get to double figures today! Day 10 in the bag! Night all, not staying long in case you catch something from me 😜
Old 09-29-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome KTB5000

D
Old 09-29-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Awesome job dear Wasting
Hey KTB, how was your day? Is your day?
Sorry that you feel so ill dear Hoping
And really glad you have some peace lovely Awake....

....and so much love to Dee.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

WL, Well done! I知 so glad you were able to turn yourself back in the right direction.

Day 12 here and feeling better, Yes! Will be back later tonight.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Excuse me Miss....day 12 did you say? 12? are you doing cartwheels, or not, because you don't feel quite well enough yet....I would do one for you if I could.

So happy for you honey.
Hoping tomorrow sees a much healthier Quitnow. ��
Old 09-29-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Day 2 started out rough...The house still looks like a crime scene (robbery, that is) after my binge..

I watched a little tidying up with Marie Kondo and was motivated to tackle 'Clothes' -- I did the laundry and folding slowly and purposefully....which felt right...

Right before my relapse, I was at another pinnacle of panic and overwhelmed state.. Where I'm trying to do-everything and be - everything for everybody...
But in constant acceleration mode and moving way to fast on automatic setting...then I started drinking waayyyyy to much caffeine...[Boom!]

I realized I'm just not in a stage of life anymore where I 'want' to do this...

I want to hold on to peace and active self-awareness this time Venuscat.. Thank you for asking how my day was. I hope yours is well and I missed all your thoughtful posts. Hiya Dee! Runner, HW, WL, RAL, Quit, Red, Midton, Daria, Sober369, ....glad to be in these sober seats with you ALL of COS2019...

Like Sober369 was saying, I NEED to find activities like Meditation, podcasts etc to 'slow' me down... - and the anxiety ensued until I blow-up...

PLAN: Going to go to a meeting this week, which is Totally out of my comfort fortress. I swore it off in the past bc of sever social anxiety, social awkardness, and trust issues,....But, I swear if this last relapse ain't been one of those 'spiritual tugs on the shoulder' and/or 'aha moments' I dont what is....

So my plan --despite my deep-seated fears-- is to attend, (maybe) a couple days, if and only if, to practice... E x p r e s s I n g my f e e l I n g s(arghhhhhh!!) ..To a relatively small room of strangers, and deal with the backlash that I may feel (or not feel) -- for the sake of personal growth.....and repeat just that if nothing else...
(Committing to this for 1 month only?)

Wish me luck 😩