Notices

Class of September Part 2 2019

Old 09-29-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

cheering you on, KTB! Being overwhelmed with life is what drives me to drink, too. Trying to be all things to all people and meet everyone's needs. Can't do life like that anymore.

Venus, Yes! Not cartwheels, but I did get out for a nice walk tonight which is the most exercise I've done in 2 weeks. That felt good. Thank you!

Hoping and Bob, Hope you both get well soon. Congrats on double digits and 4 weeks!

Awake, glad you got some peaceful time to yourself. Those are great moments!

Karen, Have a wonderful week as you go into your second month of sobriety. What a great accomplishment!

Runner, So happy to hear what a great time you're having with your family.

WL, I hope you have a nice week and begin to feel hopeful again. You're doing so well.

Daria, It sounds like you had a lovely Sunday planned out. Hope it was good and restful for you.

Trojan, How are you? Still going strong, I'm sure!

Forgive me if I missed anyone. I didn't go back a page and I'm just not that smart at memorizing the whole class.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KTB5000 View Post
Day 2 started out rough...The house still looks like a crime scene (robbery, that is) after my binge..

I watched a little tidying up with Marie Kondo and was motivated to tackle 'Clothes' -- I did the laundry and folding slowly and purposefully....which felt right...

Right before my relapse, I was at another pinnacle of panic and overwhelmed state.. Where I'm trying to do-everything and be - everything for everybody...
But in constant acceleration mode and moving way to fast on automatic setting...then I started drinking waayyyyy to much caffeine...[Boom!]

I realized I'm just not in a stage of life anymore where I 'want' to do this...

I want to hold on to peace and active self-awareness this time Venuscat.. Thank you for asking how my day was. I hope yours is well and I missed all your thoughtful posts. Hiya Dee! Runner, HW, WL, RAL, Quit, Red, Midton, Daria, Sober369, ....glad to be in these sober seats with you ALL of COS2019...

Like Sober369 was saying, I NEED to find activities like Meditation, podcasts etc to 'slow' me down... - and the anxiety ensued until I blow-up...

PLAN: Going to go to a meeting this week, which is Totally out of my comfort fortress. I swore it off in the past bc of sever social anxiety, social awkardness, and trust issues,....But, I swear if this last relapse ain't been one of those 'spiritual tugs on the shoulder' and/or 'aha moments' I dont what is....

So my plan --despite my deep-seated fears-- is to attend, (maybe) a couple days, if and only if, to practice... E x p r e s s I n g my f e e l I n g s(arghhhhhh!!) ..To a relatively small room of strangers, and deal with the backlash that I may feel (or not feel) -- for the sake of personal growth.....and repeat just that if nothing else...
(Committing to this for 1 month only?)

Wish me luck 😩
I hear you....re the spiritual kick....it takes what it takes, and I feel like our head and heart are going to get together on this and help you....with you re the meeting....reach out if you feel uncomfortable....we are all here for you. s xx
Old 09-29-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it through day 2 KTB. Those first days can be so hard.
I fell asleep watching tv again, and just wanted to stop in and say goodnight to everyone.
Venus, you're class sounds hard! But you're doing it, and that's fantastic.
Sleep well, all!
Old 09-30-2019, 12:01 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lightbulb

for anyone new to monthly threads

we will move this thread to the Daily Support Forum some time near 1st October

This is so a new thread - The Class of October 2019 - can take your place in the forum here.

Everyone is free to continue posting in this thread, join the new one, or do both

Nothing else changes but the location !

D
Old 09-30-2019, 02:34 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 29 here. Starting to feel better. Doing absolutely nothing all weekend with tons of sleep seems to have helped a lot. But what a weekend! The Gators won. The Jags won and the Saints won!
Old 09-30-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Hey Bob, so glad you're feeling better!
It's nice to wake up without a hangover on a Monday morning! I have a huge busy day ahead, and am behind on some important work because I procrastinated. So, going to do my best to get caught up today.
Have a great sober day everyone. I'm thinking of you all and praying for each of you.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I find housework therapeutic in small bursts too.Congratulations everyone too!
Old 09-30-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hello NewOne ~ lovely to meet you. s

And good morning and good afternoon all....and goodnight to Dee. xx
Old 09-30-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

So we are both working hard today dear Karen....
Sending good vibes for a great day!

And so glad to hear you feel better Bob....and our Saints won again? Woo Hoo!!!

And hi Lila....

Old 09-30-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Quitnow ~ how are you feeling today love? xx
Old 09-30-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just stopping by real quick to say hello and hope we all have a great week ahead. I'm on day #7 and keeping busy with work, striving for a balance in life, and dedicating my thoughts to self care.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Leo.
And Day 7 is wonderful. s

OK....formatting for paper worked out, PP presentation halfway to 2/3 ds finished.....gosh this is taking me forever, but I guess it's the first real assignment I have done in around 30 years?

Citrus honey...so much love. s
And you too R&H.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:32 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

It’s day one, again. Too many agains. I’m sorry, everyone. I really am.

I don’t really want to go into it right now, but Friday I got an urge while grocery shopping and just turned off my mind and downplayed everything I’ve been working toward. Friday - Sunday I drank. Had to take the day off work today as a result - something I’ve never done before.

This is killing me. I’m not in a good place. I’m going to lose everything if I can’t stop. I told people close to me I need help. I can’t do this alone.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Mike-Here for you. We've all been there. If you want to talk, I'm not going anywhere. Hang in there.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Mike, welcome back. You’re right. Most of us can’t do this alone and it can be scary. Do whatever you need to do to break the cycle. You can do this. We all can. It’s not going to be easy, but definitely worth it. Keep posting, friend!
Old 09-30-2019, 01:51 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Mike-Here for you. We've all been there. If you want to talk, I'm not going anywhere. Hang in there.
Thank you, bobdrop. That means a lot to me.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Mike, welcome back. You’re right. Most of us can’t do this alone and it can be scary. Do whatever you need to do to break the cycle. You can do this. We all can. It’s not going to be easy, but definitely worth it. Keep posting, friend!
And thank you, Quitnow. That means a lot! I will keep posting
Old 09-30-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Good evening all...
Rattle...sending positive energy and a big hug...we are here for you!

I have been away from all the things that keep me on my recovery path since the kids came home. Last night I was cleaning up after our gathering and a half-bottle of wine was left...went into auto-pilot instead of pouring it out. I was exhausted and just did not turn to the tools that work for me I made it to 29 days..bummed about my choice, but shaking it off and starting Day 1 again. I am identifying that when my daily routine is disrupted, I am at a high risk for poor choices. I'll reflect and learn what I could have done differently.
Congrats to everyone for the progress and milestones. Thank you all for the sharing and support here...it means so much on this journey!
Old 09-30-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Runner1234 View Post
Good evening all...
Rattle...sending positive energy and a big hug...we are here for you!

I have been away from all the things that keep me on my recovery path since the kids came home. Last night I was cleaning up after our gathering and a half-bottle of wine was left...went into auto-pilot instead of pouring it out. I was exhausted and just did not turn to the tools that work for me I made it to 29 days..bummed about my choice, but shaking it off and starting Day 1 again. I am identifying that when my daily routine is disrupted, I am at a high risk for poor choices. I'll reflect and learn what I could have done differently.
Congrats to everyone for the progress and milestones. Thank you all for the sharing and support here...it means so much on this journey!
Thanks, Runner. Hang in there. I’m in the same boat as you. You’re not alone here. Keep on posting and fighting the good fight!
Old 09-30-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hang in there Mike and Runner! We are here for you both. I know how bad you may feel, I have done that so many times. Sending hugs your way. I hope you both can snap right back into recovery and not be pulled down by this. Please do keep us posted.
It's scary but enlightening to hear. It makes me remember that I can't rest on my program, I have to keep working at my recovery plan even when it's gotten easier not to drink. Maybe even more so. The moment will come when it seems to my poor mind that a drink is a good idea. I am trying to be prepared for it.
Sounds like you got a lot done, Venus! So cool. It will get easier with practice, I'm sure. I had a long hard day, too.
Going to veg out for a while. I think I'll re-read The Unexpected Joy.... I've been reading a Steven King novel, but I realized I need to re-center and focus again on recovery.
Hugs and sweet dreams to all. I will try to come back if I don't fall asleep.