View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Good afternoon all
I hope you're all happy, well and sober and warm, because it's absolutely freezing here, no snow, but my goodness it's a cold one. I had to scrape the ice off my car this morning even though I had the engine running and the blowers going at full belt. Have I told you I don't like winter?

Great to check in and see you posting Kelley, please continue doing it. I hope you're okay and I hope work is being kind to you. Enjoy your weekend. x

Morning Suze, I have one of those dratted body clocks too lol, I never get a sleep in. It truly is wonderful waking up sober and guilt free, it's the best feeling in the world.
Yes, I'm doing the 'elf on a shelf' though I think it will be the last year. I'm not totally convinced my g.son believes, he's a good little actor. Still it's good to keep the magic going as long as possible. As yet I don't know if my g.son will be with me or not on Christmas day, I'm hoping he is but it all depends on my son. My son won't come to my house as he doesn't like me ( his words) but I'm hoping my g.son will be staying with him Christmas Eve and then I can pick him up late morning. He went to his daddy's last night after school for a couple of hours and I picked him up about 7.15. There isn't a single Christmas decoration up in his house, not a tree, a sparkly light, nothing, it's soulless. I've bought him countless Christmas trees in the past, decorations, lights, the works and he's left them in whatever property he was in at that time so I refuse to buy him any more. He manages to put a damper on every Christmas/family celebration because of his bad attitude, it goes against my nature to leave someone on their own at Christmas but that's the way he's made it. Sad. I'm glad you wrote about the big books theory on resentments, I need to remember that over the next couple of weeks.

Erratic, Dee, Strawberry, Viper, I hope you'll all check in over the weekend.

Back later. xxx

Thought for the day....."What you deny or ignore, you delay. What you accept and face, you conquer."