Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 12-17-2018, 12:04 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

just a quicky just now as i am dog tired from my 4 days of work.

omg viper F16! u remind me of my old days when i used to play a flying game. i do love military airplanes. One of my fav is F18 hornet and harrier and of cause old F22 tornado.

hope u are all ok x will check in again later when i have woken up again lol
Old 12-17-2018, 04:06 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Hello friends

Saturday was 8 months for me! I had a very nice and relaxing weekend.

Suze - I have been there with FB and find myself on it less and less all the time. If you see an up tic in my posts it means I am bored!! lol I am glad you are still on messenger though and I'll message you in a little while. Enjoy Delhi!

Daisy - I don't do well with the cold, either! I tell my hubby all the time that once our youngest moves out I am moving south....with or without him lol he just shakes his head at me. I have been loving the pics of your elf and you are so creative....the Kevin one had me rolling and you g.son smiling....just too cute. You are giving him really special memories...you are a wonderful person through and through and I'm just so grateful for you.

Erratic - rest up from all of your hard work. Enjoy your daughter and g.son!

Vipe - good to hear from you. I hope you get the meds figured out...my thyroid meds are back to being on back order and I can already feel exhaustion settling in. I have to get some alternative figured out as this is the 3rd time in a year they have gone on back order.

Hi Dee , Bluesy...am I missing anyone?

Take care everyone
Old 12-17-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Hi April's, just quickly checking in from my mobile to let you know all is ok. I was going to post last night but I was just too tired. I'm mega busy today but I'm aiming to catch up this evening.
Much love to you all.

Thank you so much Kelley, what a kind thing to say. 🙂
Old 12-17-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Erratic look at the F35 Lightning. It’s our latest, and far more advanced and capable than those other planes. They almost never got put into production because if the massive cost. The heads-up display helmet alone costs $400,000. The plane is out of control. It’s faster than anything, yet can sit in the air at a stand still. I’m not big into making killing machines, but I was waiting to see that thing in production.

Im trying to talk to the psychiatrist about taking 1 clonazapam a day as opposed to several of the other ones I’m on. At one point I was taking 3 Clonazapam a day and drinking 3 bottles of wine and taking Ritalin. Talk about a cocktail. Plus the weed.

I’ve to push the button on things or my adventure today and tomorrow. It’s a month away. There are lot of little things to order online, and take care of here.

I feel like drinking is simply not on the table for me anymore. I don’t think about it at all. I think about coping without it, but the thought of it touching my lips grossed me out. I’m not cured by any means, but that’s where I’m at now.

Viper

Old 12-17-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

I hear u on the killing machines my interests is just the sound and there look not there killing abilities x i also like the lancer bomber also x me and hub used to go to the Leuchars show which is at a RAF base. lol i have loads of sound tracks from helicopters and planes on my laptop its just like the sound of the wind and rain and storms i listen to also. On ur adventures its sounds like ur in a great place to be in doing it x

thanks kgirl yeah i am looking forward in seeing them on sat, i do hope i am not to knackered as i am doing thurs and friday at 15hr shift each so by the time i finish at 9pm friday i will not know what day it is x good job on ur 8 months sober xx

have safe trip snitch x
hope ur not to knackered daisy and u get peacefull evening x

thats it just now speak to u all later xx
Old 12-17-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi All

D
Old 12-17-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Hi again Aprils, hope you're all okay. It's gone midnight and I'm dropping, so I'll just do a short, quick post and hopefully catch up more tomorrow. I'm just really busy this week, shopping, wrapping, g.kids, back and to to school, my mum etc, etc.

Kelley, a massive congratulations to you on 8 months, so proud of you. xxx

Erratic, dont burn yourself out working to hard, be careful and look after yourself.

Suze, I hope you enjoy Delhi and I look forward to reading all about it. Don't blame you re F.B, I put very little on myself apart from this last week with my 'elves on the shelf.'

Viper, don't think I will ever get over the change in you, you're just a different person, a better, stronger person than you were before. The next few weeks will fly by, you'll be off on your adventure, living the dream before you know it.

Off to bed now, catch up more tomorrow. Much love and gratitude to you all.

xxx
Old 12-17-2018, 09:54 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils !!

I’m typing from my phone so please forgive the unavoidable grammar errors haha! I don’t know why it wants to work against us on our phones and this forum haha!

I've been reading such lovely advice from everyone and it’s really touching. I will try to make it a goal to be more active in our group, I should have more time after the holidays for sure!! Again, you’re all with me each and every day and I think of our group when crazy thoughts come into my head etc. SR is a wonderful community of support and a wealth of resources and sound advice. 🙏🏼 So grateful.

I had a dream the other nights about drinking that was so intense that when I awoke, I swore I had blown my sobriety. It was more upsetting than the usual dreams I think only because I have had SOO much on my plate that the feeling of being overwhelmed or about to be swallowed by a killer wave can take over me and crate my anxiety and PTSD which triggers my desire to ‘escape’. I view this dream as a sign. To slooooow down. Get through this season with my life in tact. Not throw a grenade into the structure I’ve been assembling with great intention these last 8.5 months...I refuse to allow myself to self destruct!!! But I know I have to take even more time to take actions of self love and care.

Meditation, stretching, reading, taking good supplements, making a green shake with lots of vibrant life force foods and herbs. Working out. Playing music. Spending 2 minutes to center and breatheeee...

So I started a stricter regime to fit this in. When I feel shaky or stressed or obsessed over social media or whatever. Just caught in the black hole of my phone... I promised myself I would go silent and still and inward. It’s the only way I can personally stay balanced and healthy.

I am am determined to never wake up to realize I actually did break my sobriety. I will do what is necessary to keep anything/everything at bay that could potentially trigger me enough to start drinking poison again. I want the nightmares to stay as such and never make these nightmares a true conscious ‘reality’ ever again.

I love being sober WAY too much. I love not messing up my life and wondering what I did or said, I love being present for my friends and family. And for a myriad of other reasons that I could fill pages with...

Anyway, I will make spending more time on this forum a priority too! I need this and I need y’all too!!!

big hugs 🤗

xxBluesy
Old 12-18-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Good afternoon to all of you, I hope you're all well, happy and sober, that goes without saying really. It's blowing a gale here, I can actually hear the wind whistling down the chimney, it would be quite spooky if it was dark.
I did the school run this morning and then the mum run, bought a couple of gifts myself too, though I've done a lot of my Christmas shopping online, thank goodness for Amazon. The traffic was horrendous and there was this lunatic in front of me this morning swerving from lane to lane, how he didn't cause an accident is beyond me, at one point I was alongside of him and got a good look at him, he was smiling a blank, manic smile to himself, I'd say he was off his head on something. Well thank goodness I was sober, there are enough morons on the road without me adding to them. I'm so grateful to be sober.

Great to see you posting Bluesey, I love reading your posts, you write so well. You did well writing all that from your phone, I hate posting from mine, it's too much like hard work.
Oh those dratted drinking dreams, I had one last week, so real. It's good you're looking upon it as a sign to slow down, that's what you should be doing, listening to what your body is telling you. Lots of love and a big cyber hug sent to you. xxx

Right, I'm leaving it there for now, I've got things to do.
Lots of love to you all.xx

Thought for the day......

"There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don’t allow yourself to become one of them."
Old 12-18-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Hi All.

Congrats on 8 months Kgirl. That is bloody awesome. I am just so thrilled and happy for you.!!!

HI Dee!

Hey Viper, Daisy and Erratic.

Thinking of you Donny and Nichole and hello Strawb wherever you are now.

I have had a lovely restful time in India. My room is beautiful. I am very lucky. One more flight to go and then I am home for Christmas. I am so excited. I just adore Christmas and this year is going to be so amazing as every year alcohol ruined my Christmases. Not this year!

I Need to sleep a wee bit more before work but am feeling too excited. I feel like a child again. I have bought my daighger so many pressies. I know U have gone way over the top but I just can't wait to see her little face when she opens them.

Ok will try and calm down lol. Love to you all x x
Old 12-18-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesymusey View Post
Hi Aprils !!

I’m typing from my phone so please forgive the unavoidable grammar errors haha! I don’t know why it wants to work against us on our phones and this forum haha!

I've been reading such lovely advice from everyone and it’s really touching. I will try to make it a goal to be more active in our group, I should have more time after the holidays for sure!! Again, you’re all with me each and every day and I think of our group when crazy thoughts come into my head etc. SR is a wonderful community of support and a wealth of resources and sound advice. 🙏🏼 So grateful.

I had a dream the other nights about drinking that was so intense that when I awoke, I swore I had blown my sobriety. It was more upsetting than the usual dreams I think only because I have had SOO much on my plate that the feeling of being overwhelmed or about to be swallowed by a killer wave can take over me and crate my anxiety and PTSD which triggers my desire to ‘escape’. I view this dream as a sign. To slooooow down. Get through this season with my life in tact. Not throw a grenade into the structure I’ve been assembling with great intention these last 8.5 months...I refuse to allow myself to self destruct!!! But I know I have to take even more time to take actions of self love and care.

Meditation, stretching, reading, taking good supplements, making a green shake with lots of vibrant life force foods and herbs. Working out. Playing music. Spending 2 minutes to center and breatheeee...

So I started a stricter regime to fit this in. When I feel shaky or stressed or obsessed over social media or whatever. Just caught in the black hole of my phone... I promised myself I would go silent and still and inward. It’s the only way I can personally stay balanced and healthy.

I am am determined to never wake up to realize I actually did break my sobriety. I will do what is necessary to keep anything/everything at bay that could potentially trigger me enough to start drinking poison again. I want the nightmares to stay as such and never make these nightmares a true conscious ‘reality’ ever again.

I love being sober WAY too much. I love not messing up my life and wondering what I did or said, I love being present for my friends and family. And for a myriad of other reasons that I could fill pages with...

Anyway, I will make spending more time on this forum a priority too! I need this and I need y’all too!!!

big hugs 🤗

xxBluesy
I just adore your posts Blusey. I love how determined you are to live a sober life and how grateful you are for your sobriety and how much you love it. It is infectious!! I have taken a lot from your post. I def need to up my exercise (so I have just completed a workout now) and out the right foods into my body to nourish both my body and my mind. Sobriety is so much more than just not drinking and I love how you emulate that in your posts ☺☺

That dream sounded awful but you sound so aware of what is going on with you and the steps you need to take to remove or lower those triggers. Well done.

I too never want to go back to drinking poison. Because that is what it is for me. For all of us. Pure poison. And the best news is that we never have to drink it again. Under any circumstances. How great is that?!
Old 12-18-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Daisy that quote for the day is great. It describes the last 15 years of my life though 😓.

Erratic, I have admiration for the design of those war machines. So badass. Hunter/Killer Sea Wolf submarines (made here in my state), helicopter gunships, stealth bombers, etc. When one of those machines is after the right target, it’s very satisfying to see the results. I think elephant poachers would be a good target for some of this stuff!!

Its a a cold day in New England! Brrrrrr. 40 and raining is my preferred winter. I was putting gas in my car this morning in 20 degrees with high winds.

IMPORTANT: Ive been stressing like all heck about having my benzodiazepines for my trip. I was scheming and obsessing and freaking out. I stopped and said, ‘wait a minute, dude, you’ve got a problem.’ I went right to my psychiatrist’s office and he was free and I unloaded all that on him. I also had an appointment with my regular Doctor in the afternoon and I brought it up with her. It turns out the refill will definitely be available before I leave. I think I took some big steps yesterday. The psychiatrist will help oversee me tapering down. Considering the small amount I’m on and the lack of any other drugs or booze, neither doctor was too concerned, but said it would be better if I could go without. In the end it *causes* anxiety. Then you need more to get normal.

Ok. I’m at the cafe. Going to REI soon for some trip shopping 😃!! I love my gadgets. I got a beastly little Garmin Satelite Communicator with maps, tracking, satelite text messaging to and from phones from anywhere, and an Satellite SOS button on it.

Viper
Old 12-18-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Just checking in again quickly before I go to bed. Hope you've all had a good day.

India sounds amazing Suze, I would love to see it. Bet you can't wait to be home though, this year will be so special for you and your beautiful daughter, loads of happy memories and the best thing about it all is that you'll be able to remember all of them. Can't beat that.

Thanks Viper, glad you liked my quote and I think we've all been guilty of creating obstacles for ourselves, we've been our own worse enemies. My quotes are all from Tiny Buddha, not that I'm Buddhist but I am very interested in the way they live their lives and would like to learn more about it, I think I'll make it a resolution to do that in the new year.
You so did the right thing going to see your psychiatrist and your doctor re your stressing and getting it under control, to think just a short few months back you'd be letting it all get on top of you.
Did you find yourself some bargains on your shopping trip? You must be on countdown now for your trip, it's all very exciting.

I'm off to bed now and will hopefully be back in the morning. Sleep well chaps. xxx
Old 12-19-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Good morning April friends, how are you all doing? It's been a quiet night on here. I'm just having a coffee and half an hour to myself so making the most of it posting here. The howling wind and pouring rain have stopped and the sun is actually trying to make an appearance now, though it's still very cold. I've been filling my bird feeders up this morning as I like watching the birds in the garden ( so does the cat lol) and we get lots of them here. I have two little robins that come every day, one in the back garden and one in the front. God I sound so like an anorak lol.
I was smiling to myself yesterday, my mum's choir were singing in a nursing home for elderly residents, my mum was helping feed the poor old souls ( her words) with mince pies and tea, bless her, she's 85 and I think she is probably older than many of the inmates.
I'm going to go and put another wash on now and do a bit of housework but I will probably be back this evening all being well. Have the best hump day you can and be good.
Much love to you all as always. xxxx

Thought for the day......

" Anxiety happens when you think you have to figure out everything all at once. Breathe. You’re strong. You got this. Take it day by day."
Old 12-19-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Bluesy - I relate to your post so much. I am the same exact way, in fact just a couple weeks ago I had a very bad day of anxiety where I was literally paralyzed by it. Just sat the day in my rocking chair all day and worried about this and that. Anyway, I really hadn't been taking care of myself like I know I need to and I was spending way too much time on social media. So anyway, the next day when the anxiety fog lifted I knew what I needed to do. Back to waking up in the morning early to exercise, read my sobriety books, journal, and post here. What I am learning is Yes, I am strong in sobriety but being sober is NOT ENOUGH. Alcohol at the time was a coping mechanism for other things (not the right way to cope!!) So I've removed alcohol, hallelujah!, but all the other stuff is still there. Sobriety really is a beautiful thing when you finally stop kicking and screaming about not being able to drink and just focus on how to live a sober life. Slowly, I'm putting the pieces together of who I really am or who I really WANT to be. And that's really empowering <3

Suze - awww Christmas is going to be so fun for you and your daughter. I have had those years where I just couldn't wait to give my kids their presents. As they get older though it's harder and harder to find/get the perfect gifts. My middle girl asked for teeth whitener kit for Christmas! lol I was like, really? ok, let me just wrap this up and throw it under the tree. haha It makes me happy that you are so excited

Daisy - when that guy was swerving did you wonder if he was drunk? I do that a lot these days...I'm a little judgmental of others on my throne of sobriety. haha Seriously though, not in an unkind way, more of an extremely curious about alcoholism way. I'll find myself saying "I wonder if they have a problem?" "Do they know they have a problem?" Is that weird?

Vipe - are you ever going to tell us where your going on your trip??

Hi Dee, Erratic, Strawberry....hope everyone is well
Old 12-19-2018, 04:27 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Daisy - I have done 95%of my Christmas shopping on Amazon lol Just this morning I was checking my order statuses for the latest arrivals and I asked myself...could I still order something and have it by xmas?? lol I decided not to chance it and I'll HAVE to buy a few things at the actual store!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x

good to see u bluesy , kgirl, daisy, snitch,viper x

its just a quick hi again, good to be reading ur posts and i will try for the next day or 2 before or after work to check in and then sat is XMAS ROAD TRIP!!! so once there i will get to check in again xx

Have a good couple of days all x
Old 12-19-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Happy Weds Aprils!!

Well, this hasn't happened is forever and a day! I am up on my laptop (hallelujah) on SR drinking my coffee with a little candle lit...and it feels SO good!

Gah, the mobile site for SR could use some work, but it's a good reason to open the 'ole laptop and properly type

So, Kgirl, 8 months is amazing and you should be so proud! Seriously after what we are left with after the alcohol is removed (as you mentioned in one of your last posts) it's a miracle we lasted the first 8 minutes! Think about how much self LOVE we have given our minds bodies and souls since our last drink. Even if old behaviors take years to change or anxieties to subside, if we keep holding onto the 'intention' of kicking addiction in the aS$, we stand a good chance of manifesting that into reality.

Daisy, I enjoy the visuals of you drinking your coffee while the wind is howling, the visiting birds, the cats all curled up... I think of you living in a large English cottage style place, haha - I can see detailed imagery in my mind - haha! Thats why I love books so much too! Your mum sounds like a sweetie, just like you. Altruistic, kind, & gentle, bless her. How sweet!!

Erotic, I mean Erratic! . Hope you are catching up on some ZZZZZ's. I know it will feel so good once you wake up feeling refreshed and well rested.

So, I'm not sure if I can talk about this meditation app that I'm on (Dee?), but I think its ok! It's called 'Insight Timer' and the icon is of a Tibetan Singing bowl. I think it was $2 ? The best $2 I ever spent. There is a plethora of amazing mediations for anxiety, sleep, depression, recovery, patience, etc etc. I have a profile on there so whoever signs up, we can share meditations with one another. It's really been helping me - A LOT!!

Kgirl, you mention how you get trapped in your brain, almost paralyzed -- as I think so many of us feel, especially in times we would have normally been pouring booze down the gullet!! Well, thats such a hard way to feel and the keep reliving over and over. Meditation helps my heart and my head become friends. . It helps me see a more positive perspective on any/all things. Obviously not every time, not even close - but the goal is to strengthen the behavior of going to the positive (good wolf) outlook first instead. Though the negative (bad wolf) is our default, our old tape, our shame and pain..etc. Nothing good can come from leading with this outlook, so where intention flows, energy goes and I know we all want to feel happy, healthy, vibrant, inspired, content, etc. So I am changing the flow of my thinking and meditation is the pathway to lead me there!! Sorry for the rant haha! I've been so grateful for this practice that I'd love to share this aspect of recovery with anyone who wants to! If you create a profile PM me and I will give you my profile into to friend me on there.

Ok, I hope everyone has an AMAZING day!

Big hugs all around - Howdy to Dee, Suze, Vipe...who else is not mentioned in this post?

xx Bluesy
Old 12-19-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi everyone!

D
Old 12-19-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Just checking in quickly before bed, hope you're all okay. I've just been preparing my 'elves on the shelf ' shenanigans for tomorrow morning. They are doing a spot of parachuting, I've made parachutes out of my g.son's underpants, lol and hung them from the light fittings. Can't wait to see his face.

Kelley, anxiety is an awful thing, it's so debilitating, I suffer with it myself from time to time and when I have that black cloud looming over it's very difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You're doing really well.
That guy who was swerving all over the road yesterday, well when I saw his face with his inane grin, my first thought was that he was on drugs, he just had that look about him, it could have just as easily been alcohol though. Talking about alcohol, what I have noticed is that since I've been sober I can smell booze on a person from 10 paces away, really badly and it makes me feel sick, I can't stand the smell of it. I do have lots of friends and family who drink though and yes I do think to myself that they have a problem and wonder if they are aware of it. Strange indeed.
Ha ha, Amazon, I actually risked ordering my daughter some perfume today, it's supposed to arrive on Christmas Eve so fingers and everything crossed.

Hi Erratic, you must be on mega countdown now for your road trip, bet you can't wait. I hope you do manage to check in, even if you only get chance to write one sentence. xx

Hi Bluesey and happy lap topping to you, lol. I don't quite live in a large, English type cottage place but I suppose you aren't that far out. My house is over 100 years old, Edwardian style but not massive, it always want's something doing to it, but there again don't they all?
Ha my mum, yes she is all of those things you mention, she is also very opinionated and bossy, though she has mellowed. She does all her own decorating and gardening, she has a huge garden and does it all herself, it's beautiful and she spends hours working in it, even at 85. I've been round many a time and found her up a tree cutting branches off or up step ladders wall papering and I'm talking recent here. She's marvellous really, she looks good too, I just wish she didn't depend on me so much for company, but that's another story.
Erotic Erratic , that never fails to make me smile.
Did your friend move in with you? If so I hope it's working out well for you both.

Hi Dee, thanks for keeping an eye on us.

See you all in the morning, I'm off to bed now. Nite nite. xxx