Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 12-19-2018, 09:22 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in x

showered and having cup of tea and ready for the onslaught for the next 48hrs lol

oh my daisy, i love what ur doing with the elves, that is hysterical using ur gson pants as parachutes.
bluesy great to see u on the laptop its far better than the phone app x
kgirl hope ur anxiety is at bay just now x my pdoc put my med up to help my anxiety as it came out in physical symptom which it effected my jaw and its sounded like i had a stroke, wasnt nice x so do understand everyones anxiety attacks.

sry i will have to stop there as i better get one more cup of tea in before i go xx

hey there snitch and viper xxx

will be thinking of you all x oh sry hey there dee xxx
Old 12-20-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Good afternoon dear Aprils, I hope you are all in good form. I'm just having a quick coffee before I go and do some vacuuming, I took my mum to Marks & Spencer's this morning so she could buy a few more gifts, thought they might have had a few bargains, but no, she managed to buy a few things anyway.

Hiya Erratic, glad you're enjoying my elves, I'll be glad when Christmas is here, I'm running out of ideas though I do have a good one for tomorrow.
It's surprising what symptoms anxiety and stress can cause and I really feel for all those that suffer with these things ( myself included). It can be a difficult thing to live with. I hope you manage to get a little time for yourself over the next few days,take care. xxxx

Thought for the day.....

"When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure."
Old 12-20-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hi, a quick check in. Day 157. All is well. I haven’t sewn up everything yet, but I have 26 days to go. I have 15 things in my amazon cart. I do not want to be running around last minute.

I had had a good meeting with the life coach yesterday.

I’ll check in again soon!! M

V🔥🐍🔥 >>>>>🏝🐬🌅
Old 12-20-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Just calling in to say goodnight and I hope you all had a good day today.

Glad you checked in Viper, it's always good to see your posts. Kudos to you on day 157, that is just marvellous. 26 more days to go, wow, it will be here before you know it. Re those 15 items in your Amazon basket, I always ask myself 2 questions before I buy something, 'can I afford it and do I need it?' so if you do need them all, get them bought and checked out just in case you need to return anything.
Glad your meeting with the life coach went well. Post again soon. x

Catch up with you all tomorrow, nite nite.xx
Old 12-21-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all, I'm guessing you're all busy in the mad run up to Christmas. I've got loads to do yet but I'm just having a quick 10 minutes with a coffee first.
Hope to catch up with you all later, take care. xxxx

Thought for the day.....

" Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax."
Old 12-21-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Happy Holidays Aprils!

Just a quick check in from the laptop, hehe! I love waking up early!

Daisy, your thought for the day today is SO perfect! Especially during this time of year where it can feel so mentally chaotic. Sometimes I really do have to stop throughout the day and take a few deep breaths to calm and center. What a difference even one minute of this a day can change attitude into gratitude, hah!

I have noticed that I'm drinking more coffee than usual and making myself fruited waters etc since I have to feel likeI'm treating myself a little more this time of year. Does that make sense? I think it helps keep strong cravings at bay ,especially during the holidays! I think it's subconscious, but I just took notice of it and thought it was interesting. Also, 3 cups of coffee vs 3 glasses of wine - not even slightly comparable . Oh and I've been eating too much chocolate chip banana bread too. There's this amazing little organic specialty store and EVERYTHING there is amazing, from the fruits/veg, to cheeses, hot foods, and bakery...wow! I do secretly hope they've run out of the bread by the time I get there, but then I would just grab one of their choc chip crunch top muffins...nom nom nom..haha!

Ok, will write later, I hope everyone has a spectacular day! Oh and tomorrow is the new moon. A special one from what I'm hearing. I will have to look into that!

Ciao for now!
Bluesy
Old 12-21-2018, 02:14 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hi all

I hope everyone is good, I am not feeling too great at the minute. Am feeling very resentful and full of self pity that I cannot drink. Or that I cannot drink without consequences obviously I can pick up a drink whenever I want to.

Yesterday I went to my meeting and I felt so good, I love being around other recovering alcoholics, I feel normal, ,,, but when I go out there... into the real world I get all confused and unsure. I have had a lovely day today. My mum, dad 2 sisters and my brother in law came down and we went into Brighton and went ice skating and then for lunch and some Christmas shopping. At lunch everywhere I looked people were drinking. My sister had wine. There was a Christmas party going on upstairs in the restaurant and I could see bottles of wine being taken up. Then when I got home my next door neighbour had left me a bottle of wine as a thank you present for putting up with his building work. I gave it to my mum. I feel in such a weird head space. I don't want to drink because I know what will happen but I just want the obsession to disappear. I feel like I am in mourning for my old drinking life. My old buddy...wine. I don't miss the consequences but I miss drinking. My head feels so f@ked up. I don't want to kill myself at all so please don't worry but tonight I was thinking I just can't take this anymore!

Sorry for the negative post. I am tired so maybe that's it? Am gonna go to bed now but before I do I will make a gratitude list of what a I have to be thankful for today because I am NOT drinking and hopefully will wake in a better frame of mind tomorrow .

night all X X
Old 12-21-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm posting this a bit today snitch

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/b...get-stay-sober

don't let the AV twist you round - you're doing the right thing - I love my sober Christmases

D
Old 12-21-2018, 04:59 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, just checking in quickly before I go to bed, I hope your day has been a good one.

Glad you liked my thought of the day Bluesey, it is very apt for me too, especially at this time of the year and strangely enough I have been drinking far more coffee and my favourite lemon & ginger tea than usual. Maybe you're right about it keeping the strong cravings away, I hadn't really thought about it, but maybe. Your little organic store sounds amazing, thank goodness there isn't one near me, ha ha ha.
I am looking forward to seeing the new moon tomorrow, I love the moon, it fascinates me. x

Oh Suze, I'm so sorry that you're not in the greatest of places at the minute, it will pass you know, it is so hard at the minute when booze really is EVERYWHERE you look and if you can't see it you can smell it on people. You are doing really well, please give yourself some credit.
Tomorrow is a new day, fresh start, I hope you have a really good, restful sleep and feel much better. Lots of love to you.

See you all tomorrow. xxxx
Old 12-21-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Suze - I just want you to know that I totally understand and relate to how you are feeling. I blame the holidays...and this being our first Christmas without alcohol..it is new territory for us to navigate! We have conquered the day to day and formed our little cocoons and then bam...decorations, stress, parties and alcohol....so much alcohol. It kind of feels like we are being left out doesn't it? And like you I don't WANT to drink at all...but I want something. I, like Bluesy, am drinking more coffee more pop....but I'm staying sober.
..and so will you. And when we get to the other side sober and realize we were ok (better than ok!) it will be new memories to pull from and next year will be so much better!
Sending you a big virtual hug, friend. This too shall pass
Old 12-21-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

I'm sitting here beating myself up. I had a meeting with a manager and was under the impression it was a informal discussion about a position on his team that could be a good fit for me. Ended up being an interview!! I was so unprepared and caught off guard that I bombed it. Ugh!! Just keep going through it in my head and am just so mad at myself for not giving better answers. Sigh. My husband said that it just wasn't meant to be and to just let it go. He is right of course and I guess I'm not as worried about not getting the transfer as I am embarrassed. All well. It is what it is I guess.

I will be very busy over the next few days. The kids and I arr making Christmas goodies tomorrow, Sunday I have loads of cooking to do in preparation for Christmas eve and on Christmas Eve I am hosting a party for family. We are expecting around 20 people or so. I'll try to check in but if I don't get to it just know I'm busy having a sober holiday

Hugs to all.of you and Happy Holidays
Old 12-21-2018, 05:36 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

That's a great article, Dee. Really good reminders why staying sober is really our best life! Thank you for sharing.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all just a quicky sry xx

We will be heading out this morning so i have some packing to do and also pack up my laptop so i wont get on again prob till tomo.

totally thinking of you all, snitch x daisy x kgirl x bluesy x and of cause our gent viper xx have a good weekend all, keep near all xx
Old 12-22-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hi All. It's 3am and I have a sugar hangover ugh! But at least it isn't alcohol!

Thank you for all your supportive messages and thanks for the link Dee. It really helped.

Despite 2 lovely days, i realise I have been sitting in self pity and resentment that I cannot drink alcohol "nornally". So last night I started reading an AA book I bought called "came to believe"... it is members stories about how they came to believe in a power greater than themselves to stop drinking. People who were broken by alcohol and had spiritual experiences, spiritual awakenings and the power of prayer. Some stories brought tears to my eyes . I remembered 8 months ago when I was so broken that I prayed like I had never prayed before and I myself felt the presence of God and I believe my HP has carried me many times. So last night I prayed so hard again. I begged God to not let me pick up a drink, to remove my self pity and resentment, to give me courage and strength to go to any lengths to stay sober and to be a sober mummy to my daughter and to never let her down. I have just woken up with zero desire for alcohol and a huge smile on my face! I mean, really? That is pretty amazing hey?!

I know what you mean Kelley about wanting 'something'. I feel the same. I think perhaps the key is to help others. In the New Year I am going to look into doing some volunteer work. To see what I can do to help others. Which will take me out of thinking about my self and self seeking motives.

I really do need to go to any lengths to stay sober and also I can quickly forget how much of a gift sobriety is . I am able to be my real authentic self. I always wore a mask when drinking. It is new and scary but also exciting. My thinking is naturally negative and I need to turn that around which takes work! But that is ok I won't get the results without putting in the action!!!

Sorry for negativity before but I love how I can be really honest here with you guys. I got answers I needed to hear. Thank you!

X x x
Old 12-23-2018, 10:35 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

160 DAYS.

I’m doing fine. Im being a perfectionist about my trip gear. It’s a huge trip. I don’t have much anxiety about doing it and doing it alone, I just think I need the exact right boot or that kind of thing. I was determined to find an ass kicking real outdoor boot and I’ve tried the major ones 5 times. I wear Keens and they are comfortable as heck. They just don’t hold up. Good boots you can wear every day for a few years. The Keens get replaced often. Still the most comfortable thing on Earth. I think this time I should just stop the madness and get the mid height Keen in my same shoe. They are comfortable. Honestly everyone is going to be wearing Tevas or flip flops for the most part. It’s like s compulsion I need to squash. I have ‘solid’ Keen hikers, comfy Keen sandle hikers/swimable too, and Keen H20 water shoes.

This xmas thing here is a drag man. Crowds, traffic. Everything is just a pain in the butt. I drove an hour away for my Kuhl pants and the place was sold out of all the smaller sizes. Cleaned out because of the holidays. I have 2 pair to return there since I lost so much weight, so I need to go to that particular store. They’re not cheap. Plus I need to try them on.

SNITCH - I guess your Bed Bath and Beyond candle deal caused quite a few ticked off customers because idiots went in the stores and bought 100 candles at a time all day long. Or went online and ordered 20 cases of them. That left none for the people that wanted 5. There were social media posts by people with cupboards loaded with candles or stacks of them 8 deep and 4 feet tall in their storage areas, which caused a fury among people that couldn’t get one!! 😂😂 Total hogs. So I guess you lucked out in finding them.

Best Buy the electronics store put a glass screen protector on my phone and they screwed it up and I can’t get close to a Best Buy to put on another because of the holiday.

I get Black Friday and Cyber Week because the sale prices are unbelievable. I just buy everything I want for me, and I buy online. F it!!

Everone needs there stuff in time for Xmas morning. It’s really a farce. If I was buying a load of presents I get them all online or give them on January 25th. Fighting hours of traffic and lines to get something you can anytime. It’s just dumb.

Ok then. Off to look around at REI and see what kind of nuts sale item they are offering today. 😂😂😂

I wish I could find a way to spend less on me and get something great for my sick friend. I’ve spent enough on stuff I don’t *need* to get her a really nice cell phone which is something she really wants and would make s difference in her life. 😓

V
Old 12-23-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hey everyone how are you all? All ready for christmas?!!

I hear ya Vipe. It's crazy time out there!! I did most of my xmas shopping on line and got all my little girls stuff from target which I find pretty peaceful! The worst I came across was that Bath and Body works shop. It was mayhem. I just got my candles and got out! I thought there would be a cap on how many you could buy but obviously not.! I obly got 6, I would have got more if I could have carried them. My hone smells like cookies, marshmallows and vanilla at the moment 🤣🤣

We went to see Santa today. He was about 18! Even my daughter and 3 year old nephew knew it wasn't the "real" santa. I mean, jeez at least get someone who kind of resembles him. Still they got a pressie each so they were happy!. We are at my mum's. Been working hard on kicking out my self pity. I feel Kgirl hit it on the head when she said that she feels sometbing is missing. I drank for lots of reasons but one was to fill a void and that void is still there. It has got a bit smaller but there nonetheless . It's ok, at least I know! So after christmas I will be starting on my step 4 and also will start to find out what Sober Snitch likes to do!. Am looking forward to it. Drinking is off the table. I neither need nor want that life back. It's dead and buried. Am looking forward to discovering new interests and prospects in 2019.

I realised today that i actually wish i could spend xmas day just at home with nice food and films on the tv. I didn't think that was what I wanted until now. We are going out for lunch but my plan is to eat and leave. Not hang around booze. At least there is no cooking or washing up to be done.

Here is my gratitude list for tonight.

1. I am going to bed sober.
2. My daughter read a bedtime story to me and I was sober and present to listen.
3. My daughter is snoring her little head off next to me now. She is snug and safe .
4. I did not feel suicidal when I woke this morning.
5. I was able to take my daughter and neice and nephew to see father Christmas without a hangover or without rushing them so I could get back to drink.
6. I was able to eat lots of delicious food and not feel (too) guilty as I am saving lots of calories by not drinking wine.
7. I haven't upset anyone today or been rude or nasty or sent any horrible text messages.
8. My parents have peace of mind today because I am not drinking.
9. I have AA and sober recovery to help me through this challenging time.
10. I will have a good night sleep tonight, no waking at 3am with the 4 horsemen (terror, fear, bewilderment, fruatration) upon me and I will wake up fresh (ish!) and hangover free!!

Night everyone. Christmas Eve tomorrow woo hoo!!
Old 12-23-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas gang

D
Old 12-23-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils
First chance I've had to check in today, I had the horrors of grocery shopping today, went to Sainsbury's and it was a nightmare. God I hate shopping and I hate putting it away even more. I got the rest of my gifts wrapped, made dinner and went a collected my g.son from his daddy, he's got a bit of an upset tummy so fingers crossed it's all better for Christmas day. I took my son a hamper of food off my mum and myself and a couple of presents, it just makes me feel a little better about the way things are.

Dee I read the article you posted the other day, it's most helpful, thank you.

Kelley, I'm sorry about your unplanned interview, you did your best and I doubt that anyone could do any better under those circumstances.
Your photo's on F.B look fab, you have such a lovely family, gorgeous children and little Thalo is a delight.
I hope your party goes well tomorrow, the Christmas goodie's you made look amazing, I'm sure they will go down well.

Hi Erratic, I hope you arrives safely at your daughter's and are making some lovely memories with baby Willem, enjoy every minute.

You're sounding much better Suze, thank goodness, I was a bit worried about you. Voluntary work, what a lovely idea and I think you're right, I think it will be good for you . Have you any idea what you want to do?
I love your gratitude list, I post on the gratitude thread here almost every day, I do the bed time gratitude and the morning gratitude, it just helps me appreciate how lucky I am to be here.

Congrats on 160 days Viper, I knew you could do it.
Christmas is the same here, traffic, queues, impatient people, etc, ect, I'll be glad when it's over to be honest. I hope you find the footwear you want/need and everything else to. It's very kind of you to think of your friend also, she'll miss you when you're away.

Sorry my post is quite short, it's really late and I'm soooo tired.
I'll be back tomorrow at some point.

Sleep well all of you. xxxxxx
Old 12-23-2018, 09:09 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Aprils -

I cannot believe how fast this weekend has gone.

Suze, I understand exactly where you’re (we’re) at with feeling sorry that you cannot participate any longer in the ‘rituals of alcohol celebrations’. You’ve got sound advice from everyone so far and I think it’s a common feeling, albeit a rotten one. I mean, to feel like we are ‘missing out’ can make us feel lonely and isolated and flawed. You sound better and just remember that it’s all an illusion and you know the reality. I now see soooo many people who absolutely depend on drinking and I witness how they are a slave to it and don’t even know it since it’s so deeply woven in the fabric of our society. Keep walking through these little fires and you’ll get through the next one a little easier

Kgirl - you got good feedback to and all I can say is, if it’s meant for you - it will not pass you. I saw this pop up on Instagram and I’ve been living by it lately. There’s a beautiful sense of freedom and acceptance for living contently with things just as they are....

Daisy - you are brave to go to the stores this time of year. I don’t want to leave the house. I do hope you had a lovely weekend and sleeping soundly now. Xx

Im on cell so it’s hard to type but here’s something that happened to me this weekend

My friend invited me to a benefit concert for the fire victims of the last huge fire here. Maybe it was partly the full
moon but almost everyone was wasted. I ended up meeting someone, a handsome fellow who handed me his number after we chatted for a bit. I could smell alcohol on him but his behavior was quite sober.

I texted him him today to connect. One of the first things he asks me is “when should we go to eat Mexican and drink too much tequila?” My heart dropped. I knew I had to tell him. Not waste his time, nor mine. I simply replied. That sounds great except that I stopped drinking too much tequila, in fact I don’t drink at all anymore. He went silent for a few extra minutes. He replied “that doesn’t bother me, but I do like to drink my whisky”. I told him I don’t mind others drinking.. etc. then I somehow went to trying to make him believe that I am still ‘fun and a good time’. I really disliked that feeling that arose within me. Why am I trying to explain that I’m fun to a stranger ???? Why do people think sober people aren’t fun? It’s so ridiculous really. I know I’m more content, happy fun, funny, present, kind, clever, and much much more without imbibing a liquid that is supposed to ‘give’ me all these attributes that are already abundantly within me?! Nah, I’ll take a pass, I’m over being tricked by that load of BS.

Then, he replied “send me a picture” ugh! I mean really? I said I don’t do that and he said he didn’t mean to go ‘in that direction’ and I called BS on that and haven’t heard back since. Thanks to the universe for showing me his intentions and for recognizing my own worth so much these days that I’m not willing to sacrifice it for another person, no matter how cute they are and lonely I am (well I’m not really lonely but I’d love to meet someone eventually of course . As I mentioned earlier. If it’s meant for you...it will not pass you!! I believe this and I believe the universe threw me a curve ball to see if I would fall back into old habits or see things for what they really are. Something I sure didn’t want to do in my drinking days. I will continue to plant intentions and watch them grow and fall away from old behaviors. I’m finally learning & feeling worthy of something better than ‘good’. We all deserve it .

Ok. Off to Zzzz land. Hope everyone had a lovely Monday!

🦋🙏🏼🦋
Old 12-24-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Morning all...

typing from cell again haha. Last night I posted (we’re) in the paragraph to Suze instead of (were) & wow - what a difference between the two meanings!

Just wanted to make that correction ! 😊

I hope everyone has a bright & sunny day, even if it’s dark and chilly outside ! 🙏🏼💕