Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 8

Old 12-24-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Christmas Eve done and dusted sober.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils
Well it's gone midnight here in the U.K so it is officially Christmas day, so a very happy, sober Christmas to you all and a massive thank you for being part of my journey and for your ongoing support and kind words.
I've had a lovely Christmas Eve, in the afternoon I went to a Christingle service at our Parish Church with my mum and my g.son, we met my daughter, s.i.l and other two grand children there, plus my daughter's mother in law, who is my best friend and her mum. The church is amazing in itself, it dates back to 1354 and the architecture is spectacular. The service was fabulous, the vicar got all the children involved, sort of in pantomime fashion and afterwards they were all given a Christingle orange with a candle in the middle and the adults were given a candle, the candles are then lit and the church lights turned off, the church was full to the rafters so it looked amazing, I felt quite emotional.
After the service we all went back to my daughter's m.i.l's for a party, her m.i.l doesn't drink, so we both had tea and I had a really good time.
Then I took my g.son to his daddy who he's staying with tonight, but I'm picking him up tomorrow and bringing him back for Christmas dinner etc.

Bluesey, the weekend has flown by, I don't know where it went.
You did yourself proud with the way you handled those texts from that handsome chap, you don't need to sell yourself short, you're worth so much more. Regarding how you were explaining to him how much fun you are etc without drink, I noticed that I was doing that a lot with people, giving lengthy explanations of how I don't need to drink to have fun. I've given myself a good talking to and told myself that I am not obliged to explain myself. All they need to know is that I don't drink.

Suze, I hope you have a lovely day and I hope you get chance to check in. xx

Erratic, I thought of you this evening, we were watching some old comedies on the t.v. the Royle family Christmas and then Father Ted, really made me laugh. xx

Viper, have a great day.

Kelley, I hope you have a drama free, relaxed Christmas day.

Dee, happy Christmas to you and thanks for all you do.

I'm going to bed now, so good night and sleep well. Much love to you all xxx

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Pics of the church. xxx
Old 12-25-2018, 12:54 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

k girl ! Mum ! Suz ! Vipe🐍 Errotic and Blue and dee and Donny if your reading ! Merry sobor Christmas to all of you ! How beutiful this morning waking up clear headed xxx
Old 12-25-2018, 03:07 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas my lovely Apriler's, Dee and hellooooo Strawberry!

It is great to wake up Christmas Day hangover, guilt and shame free!

Presents all open and one very satisfied little girl here. My sister is here too. We are going out for lunch in a couple of hours. I have my sponsor on speed dial and am going to enjoy spending time with my wonderful daughter, sister and friends. Oh and eat lots of scrummy food!!

Have a wonderful, sober day all and will check in later. Much love xxxx
Old 12-25-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

I just wanted to stop by and wish my sober family a Very Merry Christmas! I am so grateful for each of you being a part of my sober journey.
Suze - I am so proud of you. I know this holiday has been a bit of a struggle but you stayed strong and you did it! You made it through sober. Hugs and love to you <3
Daisy - the church looks amazing. I wish I could have seen the candles all lit up like that...I'm pretty sure it would have had me crying but in a good way. Enjoy your beautiful g.son today. Much love and hugs to you <3
Bluesy - thank goodness that guy made his intentions clear from the get go...you dodged a bullet there! I just know the perfect guy is out there for you somewhere. You are a beautiful, creative, and smart girl. Any guy would be lucky to have you. Hugs and love to you on this Merry day <3
Vipe, Strawberry, Erratic and Dee - Hugs and love you each of you. Merry Christmas! <3
Old 12-25-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Hi All!! Happy Holidays to all my great friends Blues, Suze, Erratic, Daisy, Dee, Kgirl, Strawberry, etc. Thank you all so much. ����❤️��������������

I had a nice Xmas at my sister’s place. A small informal brunch.

Bluesy and Suze, i here ya on the going and doing social drinking things. I’ll send you each some details, but I’m going to the most chilled out, party oriented, sexually liberated country in the world, with women that are on the top 5 list of hottest in the world on any list to be taken seriously, and I can’t go take them home from the bar or meet them at the beach and then have drinks.

I do do not miss going to social drinking events. Booze helped ruin my life. Right now I can say it grosses me out. 5.5 months in, I am by all accounts, including my life coach and Doctor, siblings and parents, a different human being. All of the blessings I have right now are from not drinking and I am seriously blessed. Few people get to reinvent their life with a trip like this. I got my BA in Writing, Rhetoric and Media from one of the most exclusive schools in the US in 2011. I was planning on traveling, writing, taking pictures, and trying to make a life for myself. Booze took all of that away.

Now... It’s all back on the table, in fact I leave January 16th!!! In less than 6 months I got my life back. Am I still suffering from health issues that prevent serious gainful employment? Yes, but I don’t care. I am just happy to be ‘ok.’ I have Zero debt. My credit score is high again. There’s nothing bad going on. Luckily I was never arrested.

* I don’t want to die anymore *

That’s a big change from before when I said to myself 5 times a day, “I just want to die.”

Blues-
**** them and the world of drinking. I can find a lady friend that doesn’t drink (I hope). Bluesey, you don’t owe anyone any explanations. ‘Can you send a pic???’ Are you ******* kidding me??!! I swear I feel sorry for some women (not you), that have never been with an honorable, good, kind man in their life. My sister tells me about all the total jerks her friends date. Give me this guy’s phone number and I’ll call him, and give him the Liam Neeson speech from Taken. ‘I have a very special set of skills...’

BTW I always post from my phone, but it’s the huge iPhone.

Thats it it for me today.

Luv you all and Merry Xmas/Holiday.

����������

Last edited by Dee74; 12-25-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hey guys. I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas Day.

My day has been lovely but challenging. We went to the pub for christmas lunch. Probably not the best idea I have had but there you go. I went with a firm resolve, my HP and AA on speed dial. My sister was with me and then my friend came and joined with her kids. I have mentioned her before, this is my friend who is addicted to dihydrocodeine. So last night she got a horrible message from her ex partner and I knew she wasn't going to be in the right mind frame today. And she wasn't. She was all over the place. Drinking loads, constantly on her phone. Popping out all the time for cigarettes. Also neglecting her kids. She was a car crash to be frank. So that was issue no 1. 2nd issue ... The food was delicious but they brought out our sorbet cleansing palate before our starter when it should have come after and then we waited an age for our starters. They also made mess ups with the kids meal, didn't clear plates and glasses when they should abd brought the chocolates out before the deserts. It was poor service to be honest and I felt irritated and irritable at times and I thought how a glass of fizz would take that irritableness away. Immediately away . But I also knew what it would give me in return!! Anyway , after our meal my friend wanted us to go back to hers but I didn't want to . So we said our goodbyes and went home . I had a headache and was feeling quite uptight and stressed and so I left my daughter with my sister to play Guess Who? together and I met up with a couple of sober friends and went to an AA meeting. AA had an all day thing going on where I live with 3 meetings, christmas lunch, a disco and carols . I made the 7pm meeting and it was bliss, absolute bliss. I felt so grateful for AA and a safe place to go where I could be with other people like me who get it and I heard everyrhing i needed to hear. On the way home it dawned on me that I only wanted to drink to be rid of my discomfort and I realised that the way I could be rid of discomfort like that without drinking alcohol is to avoid certain people, places and situations. I also realised that the pub life I yearned for so badly was actually ********. I had some kind of revelation! I don't want that life anymore. Not just the bad consequences but the fake, illusion that I had built up in my head . It all became crystal clear! I don't want to drink alcohol . I dont want to numb out. Drink away my feelings. I want to feel them. Every single one of them and if I am with people or in a situation or a place where my feelings aren't great, I have the power to leave! I want to spend time with sober people who are getting well and find new exciting sober activities to do. The pub holds nothing for me anymore. I can't explain it it is like something has been lifted from me . The obsession seems to have lifted?

Who knows what tomorrow may bring but right now I have zero desire to ever take an alcoholic drink again . That part of my life is truly dead and buried .

I will respond to everyone's posts properly tomorrow. I read them all. I have just been in a real jumbled head space lately. Hopefully it is passing.

Am off to bed now. Sober, happy and content.

love to you all x x
Old 12-25-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyone had a great day
thanks Daisy

D
Old 12-25-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils

Bed time check in, looks like we made it chaps so well done to us, let's just get tomorrow out of the way and that's it, Christmas sorted.
It's been a manically busy day, I feel like I haven't stopped all day, but it's been a goood day all the same with no drama. I've had a couple of dodgy moments with people drinking round me and for a fleeing moment or two I thought a glass of wine would be good, but come on who am I kidding? Myself that's who, like I could just have a glass of wine, ha ha it would be more like a bucket full and then some more. I survived, I am sober and for that I am grateful.

What a lovely surprise to see your post Strawberry, I hope you're okay, don't leave it so long next time. x

Kelley, I hope you've had a wonderful day and I hope you managed to get some 'you time' in all that cooking and hosting you've been doing. I'm so happy that you are in our April class, it wouldn't be the same without you. xx

Suze, I'm sorry that your day wasn't as you planned, but you did yourself proud, you stayed sober and wow you went to a meeting on Christmas day, that's dedication for you.

Your day sounds like a good one Viper, a small informal brunch sounds perfect.
Hmm I think I'm going to have to write to the powers that be in that country you're going to and tell them to lock up their daughters, lol.
January 16th will be here before you know it, are you all ready for the off now? Will you be able to check in here from where you're going? I hope so.

Okay I'm off to bed now. I'll hopefully check in tomorrow when I'm less tired.
Much love to you all. xxx
Old 12-25-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Daisy, Sure I’ll be connected online. And yes, I’m hoping people wished they had locked up their daughters, but given I’m 48, I think I’ll be looking in the over 30 year old catagory. I think they’ll be unchained. I like a woman, not a girl. I’m flexible though

watching some Xmas Shawshank Redemption. Great movie.

Later

V🐍🏝
Old 12-25-2018, 08:02 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

MERRY CHRISTMAS APRILS!!

I'm sooo thankful to each and every one of you!! Lets all make it sober into 2019! How cool will that be!! Now I can say "Oh that crazy binge where I had a BAC of .38 and almost died --- that was SOOO LAST YEAR!" haha!

Daisy, that church is gorgeous!! Wow! Just amazing, I have no idea how they built these structures, so magnificently, so long ago...(that was SO 14th century - haah!). Hope you had an incredible day and can't wait to hear whats next in the coming week! xoxoxo

Kgirl - grateful for you too & good to hear you're gonna squeeze some YOU time in. big hugs!

Suze, what happened to you today is the quintessential example of how one decision can change the outcome immensely. Good for you for seeking out meetings and making it through the day even if you did have to white knuckle a good portion of it!

Vipe - you are hilarious!!! I love the quote from TAKEN! Thanks for the advice and yes you're correct, no self loving woman would put up with that bullcrap! Hope you had a fantastic evening!!

Strawberry - great to see you post - please come back more often!

Dee, Erratic....big hugs to you as well!!! Am I missing anyone?

I did my volunteer work on the Golden Gate Bridge today, worked a 4 hours shift. It was beautiful outside and we only had 2 possible jumpers, neither one had to be removed forcibly from the bridge, so thats always a good day.

Ok, I'm watching the new show on Netflix called Perfume...it's strange but unique...we will see where it goes!

Goodnight and a very merry holiday evening to you all!

Old 12-26-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Congrats to each of you for surviving the holidays sober! We even had a few close calls but we all flexed our sober muscles and made it through!

Yesterday I was finally able to take a day for me. It was a very relaxing, nothing to do kind of day which is exactly what I needed. The days leading up to it were crazy busy as I hosted a large family gathering in my home on Christmas Eve plus tying up loose ends for Christmas Day. In all the preparations and such I never really wanted to drink BUT I did have a situation that made it clear to me how quickly things can change.
I was at the grocery store and my plan was to serve non-alcoholic punch but have a bottle of vodka available if anyone wanted to "naughty" their "nice" drink. I walked into the liquor aisle and my heart immediately started increasing and cravings started hitting me hard. I grabbed the bottle, threw it in the cart and got out of there. The cravings stopped as soon as I left the aisle. Very bizzare and then again not at all. If you ever imagine the alcoholic in you as a tiny little beast locked up in a cage I'm pretty sure that little beast was rattling her cage!! Scary!
Yesterday I was cleaning up the kitchen a bit from the party and there were empty beer cans and cups with punch that reeked of vodka. Made me sick to my stomach and I quickly got things dumped and thrown away. Then I noticed people left beer in my fridge. Those were immediately thrown away. Other than the moment in the grocery store I never really felt any urges to drink or upset that I "couldn't" drink. Maybe one of the reasons is that I learned in the beginning of this journey that I choose not to drink because of course I "can" drink...anytime I want to I can drink. But I don't want to. Big difference in thoughts! I can't tell you how nice it was to wake up Christmas morning feeling refreshed and well!
ok here is to a new year! We will be hitting our 1 year of sobriety milestones in 2019! How exciting!!
Old 12-26-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Love it Kgirl! Thanks for sharing this story and especially around the language we use to talk to ourselves - this is muy importante!!

Is anyone thinking of joining the insight Timer - meditation app? I'm on there and would love to share some incredible meditations with y'all if you want!

Happy Kwanza!! Happy Boxing Day for our dear peeps in the UK!!

Let's stick close and get through the rest of this holiday season together!!!

I had a dream last night that I was mixing vodka (not even my drink of choice) with my super foods green powder and then was spooning it into my mouth...omg. How gross! But hey, at least I was trying to remain healthy even while poisoning myself?? Yeah right, just another way for my mind to 'justify' my actions...classic, but I'm much wiser to it all now...

Old 12-26-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, I just lost my post right at the end, so I'll rewrite it tomorrow as it's turned midnight and I'm tired. Hope you all had a good boxing day, I am grateful to end mine sober.
See you all tomorrow.
xxxxx
Old 12-27-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I started writing a post last night then fell asleep. Was sooo tired! Woke at 3am not feeling right and was sick eugh. Think it must have been too much food. Cos I felt fine after. At least it wasn't booze related lol.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I have had a lovely time but it's all been a bit full on and I am off to Delhi later today and to be honest I am looking forward to 24 hours in an hotel room all by myself haha. I will be able to post more then as I haven't had 5 minutes to myself really. Still, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love to you all and well done all of us for getting through the holidays sober !!
Old 12-27-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

My lord! The nightmares the last 2 mornings. Both involving my college, not graduating, and really odd circumstances. Really tough. Then I wake up and need to come out of it. ‘That’s not reeaallll. You were dreaming.’ I must look like a dog chasing a rabbit in his sleep, at night.

Anyway, I’ve knocked down most of the things I’ve got to get done. A lot of it was just pulling the trigger to buy stuff online. Really not a lot of work, but I’ve been stressing and putting it off and researching, and it’s a circle I go around in. Always looking for perfection. Uuugghhh.

V 💥🐍💥

Old 12-27-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

I think we made it, well done to us
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas but to be honest I'm glad it's out of the way now, I'll be even happier this time next week when every things back to some sort of normality. Sorry if I sound like a right Bah Humbug but I'm sure you know what I mean, I feel like I've not stopped for the last few days, I'm so tired tonight.
I'm truly grateful to be sober tonight, I can't lie and say that I didn't think about drinking because I did ( think about it that is), it was harder than I thought with being surrounded constantly by alcohol. I hosted a buffet for all the family yesterday and there was lots of wine flowing and I did have some cravings. I sent an unfinished bottle of Prossecco home with my daughter, I didn't want the temptation of having it in my fridge, the same with an unfinished bottle of whiskey, I sent it home with my mum, better safe than sorry. Though I had cravings and they were strong for a short while, I know that I don't want to drink, I don't want to put myself back to where I was, I don't want to risk losing all that is precious to me, so like I said, tonight I am grateful.

Hmm Viper, God help them, that's all I can say. Maybe we should start calling you Tiger lol.

Bluesey, I have every confidence in us all that we will make it into 2019 sober. It will be a fabulous start to the new year.
Glad you like the photo's of the church, I have no idea either how they built those structures, it makes you think how hard they must have worked, they would have done it all by hand. Beautiful, old architecture fascinates me.
How kind of you to do voluntary work at the Golden Gate Bridge, I presume that it is notorious for jumpers ?? That is so sad, if that's the case.
I will try and have a look at that meditation app after the hols, it sounds very interesting.

Kelley I'm glad you managed to get a restful day after the Christmas madness, it's hard work hosting parties and doing all that wonderful baking that you did. Your photo's were amazing. Arghh the smell of stale alcohol, empty cans etc, it really stinks doesn't it, I'm sure I'm more aware of the smell of it than I used to be, it makes me nauseous too.

Suze, I hope you have a safe journey to Dehli and at the moment I would give my right arm for 24 hours alone in a hotel room. What bliss! Look forward to hearing from you soon. xx

Awful those nightmares Viper, probably because your mind is doing overtime at the minute with all that's going on. You'll cope with them, you're doing really well.

Okay, I'm off to bed now. Goodnight all, sleep well and hopefully I'll catch up with you again tomorrow. Much love to you all. xxx
Old 12-27-2018, 11:38 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Hello Aprils!

I have my sister in town with my 3 nephews and I was VERY stressed out this morning and nothing was helped because my anxiety was out of control. I have some Benzos in case of a panic attack so I ended up taking a half of one and it ended up doing the trick. I try to avoid them, but luckily never had a problem with them. I never abuse them. BUT, funny you mention the same thing Daisy -- I had major cravings to drink when I was in panic mode. 1. Because I would be instantly relieved from my stress and actually in a 'jolly' mood after the first glass. 2. Because it would get me out of my head and reality for a bit -- and I need a vacation from reality and my head, haha!

Once they arrived and we took off for some sightseeing, I was OK. Then just being around family made me feel calm and naturally happy. The cravings came, I thought about it, and ultimately I didn't take that first drink. Like you said Daisy, we know where it leads us and it's not a place I would personally send an enemy...if I had one, haa!

But I was surprised how quickly it snuck up on me, and why my mood was so sour. before they came. Maybe just the stress of having 4 guests and entertaining them for 3 days??

All is good now and in bed cozy and sober...GRATEFUL beyond measure.

Will write more soon.

Hugs to all!!
Old 12-28-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Good afternoon April's
I hope you're all well, happy and sober. I'm currently at a fun pool, water slides etc, with my 3 g. Children and a borrowed one. It's very noisy, but they are all contained and I've had a coffee and a read of my book whilst they've been having fun. Couldn't do this with a hang over 😂. X

Bluesey enjoy your time with your sister and the boys, make some happy memories with them. You're doing well, you'll be fine I know.

Catch up again later.

Xxx
Old 12-28-2018, 11:50 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing good?

I am in India. Just had a delicious curry on room service and going to bed now. It's been really nice to just rest and recharge my batteries . I can't wait for the New Year to start as am going to get fit and healthy! As much as I love a good pig out, it doesn't make me feel too great. So I am going to do lots of juicing and detoxing. And working out. Stuff that feed ls my soul and makes me feel good

I don't want to drink. I loved your post Viper. Yep alcohol has ruined a lot if my life too and still I yearned for it. But I think I was yearning for my old coping mechanism and am now so ready to comitt to new ones.

However as Blusey and Kgirl wrote, alcohol is sneaky. The BB describes it as cunning, baffling and powerful. I don't disagree with that! And we certainly need to remain ever vigilant. But there really is no need for any of us to ever drink again! I know for sure I never want to revisit that dark hole of despair again. I have no illusion it would be any different if I picked up a drink!.

Daisy your church looked beautiful! That is definitely something I would love to do next year and Blusey how amazing of you to volunteer at Christmas. Kgirl, you sound like yours was busy was lovely! Erratic, I hope you have had a good one. You too Dee. I hope Donny and Nichole if you read this you both had a good Christmas too. Please come check in. And hi Strawb if you read this!! Come and update us too.

Ok, I really need to get some sleep as the flight home tomorrow is going to be busy busy busy. What is everyone up to for New Year's? I don't have any plans but am thinking a nice chilled out one in front of the tv with a takeaway. In pj's. Ahhhh bliss!