Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 04-29-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Well I think it's both JCNY. We are attached at the hip as we run our business together and we are best friends. So if he sees that I'm hurting and struggling and he wouldn't want to continue to participate in the very activity that is causing me harm and distress.. the second part is that he acknowledges admits and is proactively working on his own issues and struggles with booze. it was so nice to be able to sit with o o t t and we were both able to talk openly about our issues and our mistakes in the past and our resolve to hour sobriety. I hope that we can continue to seek out adventurous Kick-Ass Rockin crazy wild sober people like yourself and OOTT. I know many of you like to just keep it in the forms and keep your an amenity which I totally absolutely respect and understand. However I'm trying to completely reinvent lifestyle and fill it with my kind and my tribe. I adore the friends we went out with last night but after the show I was like I just want to go home I had fun just with dinner and the show and the conversation we had. But they were just pounding and drinks and chain-smoking and it was just so boring but I didn't want to leave because they did come a long way to see the show and spent a lot of money. So we force ourselves to stay and it ended up being really fun. However I just seem to be having a lot more fun hanging out with people that are also sober. And sober does not end is not boring! Being around drunk people when you are sober is boring and now I realize that I probably drink so much back in the day because it does get boring in the only way to make it exciting is to just drink. Not anymore.

Anyway I really needed this weekends Adventures because last week was a b**** to say the least. I'm dreading picking it all back up again and actually getting ready to pop open the laptop and handle some customer service. Having your income based solely on internet interactions takes its toll because people are keyboard Warriors and they can just be so damn rude. There's no body language tone of voice facial expression so I think people just lose all sense of humanity and respect for others and just really lash out if things don't go perfect for getting that we are also humans on the other end of the transaction and we can pretty much fix just about anything and usually always side with our customers. They don't realize being such meanies is so unnecessary because they would get the same result being nice.

So in order to get out of the situation I am putting my intentions into finding another business that wouldn't engage in dealing with irate customer service. It is really taking its toll and I get a headache just thinking about doing with these people. I own a domain called zen boost. Haven't done anything with it so going to start with a online stores selling it all things meditation and zen like. It's easy to pop open a Shopify store and create a website. These things take a long time to actually generate profit but I figured that it will do my mind some good to at least know that I'm trying something different and to change my customers from angry people two people that are seeking peace.

JCNY I highly recommending looking up a meet up four people that also love to ride. The Meetup we went to 2 weeks ago about listening to your life was just outstanding and it's a way to meet new people that are looking for a positive life.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

And I'm sorry for all the typos but I'm talk texting because it's easier when I have so much on my mind and trying to poke at my little keyboard on my phone. I tried to change some of the typos but then I'm like yeah y'all can read between the lines. LOL

When I was listening to the Ramones they were jamming I want to be sedated! lol
Old 04-29-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I just turned in the Prius. It got great mileage and it had sufficient guts for hills and accelerating. I give it an A minus. I would definitely look at buying one. the shifting is a snap, and the electro "enono" mode is really cool. It starts off in electric mode, so there's no engine noise, and then switches to gas power but its not really noticeable. It switches to electric about 30 percent of the time, It was really easy on the gas. It's not a sports car, but I was really impressed.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

I just want to thank sunshine and Mr. sunshine, you guys made my trip. Friday's show was by far the most fun concert experience that I've ever had! you guys are the best.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Congrats for sticking to your sobriety on Saturday, I know that had to be tough. It's not easy, even for me after almost 27 months. I want to say that you keep me sober too. All our talking really reenforces for me what I'm doing and what I'm accomplishing. By talking about it out loud (which was almost a first for me), it just makes it even more real what we're doing. It isn't just an abstract concept that we're staying sober, it's a real thing and it makes a difference to ourselves and everyone around us.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Awe man thats awesome OOTT... you should've known me in the 80s.... lol ahahaha... this was very well behavior for me!

And you are right it was awesome to talk about our struggles and triumphs with relation to this affliction. It's so nice for all of us to know WE ARE NOT ALONE! And how exciting that there is a fun life without the noose of alcohol around our necks!

Funny story, last time we went out with this couple that we went out with last night I was the one that got completely plowed and they reminded me... I had offended some bikers and their wives... and was asked to leave... Dang!! Thanks for reminding me guys... sometimes blackouts are good. J/K. So yes, I have been those drunk obnoxious unruly disrespectful ones... Now its funny I cannot tolerate it from others. I'll send out a universal apology for all those whom I have offended or annoyed while intoxicated. If I was sober they deserved it. lol
Old 04-29-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

It's wonderful that you guys talked about your struggles and triumphs. That's something I've only done on here and briefly with a therapist in the past. So true that alcohol was a noose around our necks! I'm still reading This Naked Mind which talks about how it changes your mood & emotions pretty quickly, I can clearly see this in my wife now that I'm no longer drinking with her.

Sunshine, it's fabulous that you're reinventing your lifestyle. I had isolated myself while drinking for years and I'm looking to develop and make new friendships. I'm not really concerned about anonymity and it feels cathartic to open up to people.

I don't deal with customers directly any longer, but there are very strict standards at my employer. All calls are recorded and many are audited. I see so many rude people in generally in this "me first" society. Ringo Starr has a song called La De Da which is about being the best you can be and not letting other's bring you down which I try to live by. I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap. I love the idea of the zen store and dealing with those seeking peace! I'm struck by the saying "do what you love, love what you do." I'd love to take a risk and change my life for the better. Nobody ever grows up saying they want to work in insurance which is where I ended up.

Thank you for reminding me of the meet ups. I had one in mind recently for a bike ride. I just struggled with the idea of going solo, but I'll give it a shot

I really enjoy these "conversations" and again it's so cool that you two (aka Sunshine & Outonthefriggintiles) bonded in person. I'm grateful to know you guys

I said before that I was a little down today, but that's life and it's ok. Face it head on, stay sober and persevere #71STRONG
Old 04-29-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

JCNY-I'm grateful to know you guys too! As many classes as I have been in, this is the most excellent of connections... except for one other that tapered off... I'm not planning on going anywhere so I'm right here to support you and hope you are too for me and we are for everyone else that needs it. And yes OOTT will be a life long friend for sure, his crazy ass flying across the country to see a show, that is only something I would do!. Consider yall extended family. We know so much about each other it is a great bond... and made of genuine care for others and trust and respect. I'm so glad I stuck around SR all these years.

Trust me I know what you mean about ending up where you didn't think you would. I was supposed to marry Tommy Lee and we were to live in a beach front 3 story mansion and have all the luxuries life can offer! Well last time I checked I don't think he was all that.... or even happy at all...

I get frustrated and impatient too with where I am in life... but that is also good because I know I'm not settling... and I'm constantly trying to improve in some way... However, we must also pause and be thankful for every single thing in our life. It could be so much worse!!! My husband and I were arguing the other day... and I was like "Hun, what are we doing, are you taking me to chemo treatments? Do we have both arms and both legs? Are we paying our bills and saving a lil? Well we shouldn't waste too much time arguing over trivial things is all. It could be so much worse.

But all relationships have peaks and valleys and that is o.k. like you said earlier, Yes it is o.k to feel down... Because that is real... Authentic! It's natural.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Sunshine, I wish I could like your post multiple times. I’m definitely here to support you and anybody else I can.

I’m feeling better than yesterday. Got a lot of paperwork and crap organized at work, now I feel in a better place to dig into other projects. Kind of like at home, I like to make sure the kitchen is set up and the sink is clear before I start cookin’!
Old 04-30-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hey and wish you the best, Febs! I still miss this class
Old 04-30-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Just wanted to say hey and wish you the best, Febs! I still miss this class
Hi ProD!

No reason you cannot still subscribe to Feb class! Who is to say you can't be in many classes!
Old 04-30-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Absolutely Prof, we’re all rooting for you! Fight for each sober day and you’ll get stronger and stronger.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

So I know that we're all in the forms but do you also get there emails from time to time from the regular sober recovery website. I seen this one before but I just thought I'd share it anyway. It's seven things to do now that you don't drink.
https://sobernation.com/7-things-to-...etting-wasted/
Old 04-30-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Oops that link is from Sober Nation. It still good. Dee I don't think it's a solicitation but if you have to take it down i totally understand
Old 04-30-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Second SR field trip: NYC!!!! I'd be up for shows, but I'd even go to a musical, but I'd prefer club rock show or shows, obviously.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:36 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's OK sunshine72

D
Old 05-01-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Second SR field trip: NYC!!!! I'd be up for shows, but I'd even go to a musical, but I'd prefer club rock show or shows, obviously.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Thanks for that link Sunshine. I'm taking part in those sober activities, especially working out and music.

We had two birthday celebrations at work today and I overdosed on sugar again. I read a lot on here about sugar cravings in early sobriety, but I was past that in a few days. I generally eat real healthy, but once I start I go a little nuts. Oh well, I got a work out in at the gym and then a pretty long bike ride to the beach.

I'm happy to say that I rarely think about drinking.....I will not let my guard down. Take care - JC
Old 05-01-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Sooo... from time to time I'll share my groupie stories. So I'm at a Warrant concert late 80s... Some rude guy nudged my shoulder like 3 times. I finally turned around yelled, "What do you want!" It was Pauley Shore. He was trying to meet me, but I was a rude biatch so he was like pft... watever... and went on along his quest. lol I wish I wasn't rude, because he was super famous at that time. That would have been some party...

O.K. JCNY on the sugar thing... you more than made up for it with the gym and the bike ride. It's all good.... My diet is usually clean food and healthy 'ish'. I'm very forgiving with myself because the boozy diet was just bad. Binge out on booze and then bring on the hangover food, pizza, burgers, you name it. It was bad... so a lil' splurge here and there is way better and o.k! We can't give up every pleasure...
Old 05-02-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Good morning! Thankfully I feel optimistic today. Hubby and I been bickering heavy for a few days. Mostly over business. Stressful!! But all is well again and actually see some light on the horizon!!