Old 05-11-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Misc72

Originally Posted by iwilltryagain View Post
Thanks SS72 and all...

3 days no drinks...small step...long way to go...I will stay in today and I will stay sober. Fridays and weekends are my biggest weakness. I will fight it thru. Just one day at a time...one moment at a time.

Any plans you guys have for the weekend?
I've posted this before not sure if you caught it but it sure helps as a reminder. You can change wine for whatever your drink of choice is:

WARNING:
Consumption of the liquid inside this bottle may indeed lead to a very SHORT-TERM feeling of relaxation and euphoria. However this feeling is short-lived and temporary! LONG-TERM effects may include highly regrettable sexual interludes, tossing your cookies, black-outs, alcohol induced late-night carb binge eating sessions that lead to spare tires and the dreaded muffin top. Hilacious hangovers, looking like complete dog ****, decreased energy equating to frittering away countless hours in bed recovering (might as well cancel that yoga class, gym visit, morning hike or whatever other healthy activity you planned for tomorrow), the oh-so pleasant morning-after emotions of dread, fear, sinking regrets, embarrassment, self-loathing, low self esteem, depression, anxiety, as well as those unexplained bruises, And it would be negligent not to mention the medical consequences of liver damage, high blood pressure, increased chance of stroke & breast cancer... basically a recipe for early death. This socially accepted substance will rob you of your health, happiness, and peace while simultaneously crushing any possibilities of reaching all your hopes, dreams, and goals. So before you pour that glass of wine to "chill-out, relax, fit-in, have fun", or whatever your reasons are for drinking this poison, please ask yourself this one question,
"Is it really Fu@%king worth it?"