Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 11-03-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Day 305.
Made it through the hard working week. My gym and self-study push for the end of year is on track. It is hard but keeping the focused push for the end of 2017.

There are times when I ask myself why I post each day, even with nothing much to say.
Then I remind myself where I was last year. What I was doing and who I was hurting.
I remind myself of all the classmates we started with this year and the importance of my keeping on with this routine. Despite the odds.

Have a healthy, sober and blessed day Januarians.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Administrator

As long as you're here to post there's people here to read DLB

D
Old 11-03-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hi DLB, It’s great to read your posts and to know how well your doing. Like Dee said, there is always someone here to read it and support you. Just this morning I too was reflecting on this time last year and the journey of getting to the place I am now. For sure it’s with all the help and fellow classmates that have helped keep me in check. I’m so grateful for you all. Have a wonderful day everybody. Xx
Old 11-03-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Day 305

Hey everyone. Been a while since I've been on here. Nice to see everyone is doing good. Halloween evening we were taking the kids trick or treating and I saw a lot of people chillin in there driveways with fire pits. Drinking ,listening to music..relaxing. I havent had any issues with cravings for sometime now but that hit me out of no where! I kind of laughed it off to myself because it's a lot easier to deal with that urge more than it used to be. It also got me thinking of you guys and how you were all doing. Sounds like everyone is going strong. I'm pretty pumped that we're getting close to a year sober. The last time I made it this long was when my wife was pregnant. I sobered up for both of my boys but I was kicking and screaming inside the whole time. Didn't want any part of it! I felt like by the time my oldest was 6 i would stop. Now he's 10 and his brother is 8. Little late but I'm here now! I feel like the big thing is that I WANT to do it this time. Ya know I'm just trying to be the best dad i can be. I remember growing up and my dad laying on the couch drinking crown and coke. ALL THE TIME! Lol...I'm trying not to go down that road.
I'm gonna go hit the weights. We got off work early and the house is nice and peaceful. Figured this was the perfect time to get on here. Take it easy everybody. Have a happy and sober weekend.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Day 306.
Thanks Dee & classmates. Jan isn't so far away now. Amazing to think about now. Without SR, I have no idea where I would be now.

Today is packed full of stuff to do. Failed miserably with the self study stuff but the gym still seems likely.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Rainy day here and will do some housework I think. Need to sort out the winter clothes for the kids too. So will retrieve some storage boxes from the basement containing boots and jackets. Still amazing to me how in summer it can be +40 degrees and we can reach -40 degrees in winter!!!
Have started on the Christmas shopping too. Can’t believe how quickly that’s rolling in!
My husband goes away for almost 3 weeks on Friday, Sweden and Denmark. Will miss him but plenty here to keep me busy. Have a great day everyone. Xxx
Old 11-05-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Irish
good for you for starting early Kimmy :")
D
Old 11-06-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Day 308.
Hi all. Just rushing out to work but I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

As we get closer to the holidays, and festivities , I am sure I, and others, will need extra resolve. It is new territory for me to navigate through so SR will be extra important.
This weekend wasn't complicated as far as AV's thankfully, just too short.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day classmates
Old 11-07-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Day 309.
This morning I woke at a start, at the end of one of those dreams that you don't want to go back to sleep again. In case you loose the feeling afterwards. The dream full of those long lost people in your life and vivid. It was an end of year party and I wasn't drinking.

Anyway, I figured getting up early, having a coffee and some extra self-study before the gym, while I recover.

Hope my classmates have a healthy, rewarding and sober day with happy dreams also.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hello Class,

Good to hear from you Kimmy and Irish, and great to hear that you are both still going strong!

DLB, crazy dreams! I totally get that feeling. Sometimes they follow you into the day.
It is starting to get a bit more difficult now that the holiday season is approaching. I am not feeling as if my resolve has weakened, but I do feel a bit more vulnerable than I have in the past. I am glad that we are going into it with so much time under our belts though.
It is such a blessing to have you here at SR as support. You have all been very important to me and I know I will be needing you in the future.
Have a great, happy, healthy, sober Wednesday.
NACN
Old 11-07-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

NACN, Hi there. I understand what you mean. It’s strange the way different times of year and events in our lives can bring out our vulnerability. Stay strong and your right we are all here for each other. Have a good day everyone. X
Old 11-07-2017, 11:17 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Day 309,

Just checking in. I've been very busy lately, but I need to make time to post more frequently. Especially, as you mentioned DLB, with the holidays and festivities just around the corner. Can you believe it's November? I was walking down the sidewalk downtown tonight and Christmas carols were blasting out of a GAP retail store!

NACN - I'm also very grateful for this class, especially with the upcoming holidays. I'm so glad we have each other to lean on

Well, I should hit the hay!

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!
Old 11-08-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Day 310.
Hi guys. I am totally with you all, as far as feeling some vulnerability to my sobriety with the end of year approaching.
I am sure we will get through the holidays together but it is surprising and unexpected to feel it now.
Up early and hope to have a fit and productive day.

have a happy, sober day all.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Day 311.
A super quick checkin as I go out for a morning bike ride. Hope everyone is doing well.
have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Day 312.
A super quick check-in again. Not too much to report but hope everyone in class of Jan 17 are doing well.
have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks DLB
Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 11-11-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hi Class,

Just checking in. It has been super cold around here so we all have been hunkering down. Days (and nights) have seemed extra looooong and difficult. And I have still been super tired.
I am thinking of checking in with my doc about how tired I have been lately. I have also canceled my classes five times just this semester, for no real reason. I think I may be dealing a bit with depression. I have been trying to be active and to distract myself, but it hasn't really been working.
I don't mean to bring everyone down! I am still so grateful for you guys here in Jan'17. And I am happy to have given up drinking, hopefully I will learn a bit more about myself. I can look at this as an opportunity.
I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, sober Sunday.
NACN
Old 11-12-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, Stomach flu in full force in our house. How come these things always happens when my husband is away!!!
Had a headache yesterday morning due to probably feeling somewhat dehydrated. I thought to myself, ‘I recognize that pain’ then smiled as I was so glad it wasn’t due to the all too regular hangovers I used to endure.
NACN, hope your feeling ok. Your in my thoughts. Big hugs everybody. X
Old 11-13-2017, 02:36 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Day 315.
Hi classmates
I am sorry, NACN, you are struggling a bit now. It does sound a bit like depression, from having been through this at times. You can find a way out, even if you need to talk to your doctor.
Kimmy, sorry about the stomach flu. Hopefully the household picks up soon.

My Monday morning is typical that I slept terribly. Not a great start to the week but hoping the morning pics up. Not too cheerful from me either today.

Have a healthy happy and sober week all.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Day 316.
Hi team Jan 17
Sadly no gym this morning but early to work. Tomorrow is back into my pre-work study/excercise routine that seems to be a crucial step in keeping me sane and happy.
Hope everyone feels happy, and has a successful and sober day.