Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 11-29-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Thanks DLB, Your right and thank you so much for the support. It means a lot. Going to stay strong.
I guess when it gets too much and I can no longer cope, that’s when I have that f*** it moment! I am determined to not do that this time. I did handle it through the year and summer time was especially not good with her, I got through it then and I can do it now........just need to stay strong. Thanks for listening. Have a great day everyone. Xx
Old 11-30-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Day 332

Good morning class of Jan'17
I have been going for it this week, for studying and exercise in my work day. It seems to help a great deal. No surprise there, I suppose.
Hope everyone is having a happy, constructive and sober day.

P.S Kimmy, I know you can stay strong to get through this. Keeping on your path, to help her or in spite of her, whatever motivates you to get through the bad moments.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:33 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Just a quick check in to say hi. Having an early night and feeling ok.
Big hugs. X
Old 11-30-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend guys

D
Old 12-01-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Day 333
Just a quick check in on this chilly Friday. Slowly waking up.
Thanks Dee.
You and everyone in class Jan'17 have a great, happy and sober weekend also.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Day 334
Good morning classmates. Awake, early for a Saturday. Determined to try to make something of today. About to dive in to some study before the gym later.
Have a healthy, happy and sober Saturday all.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Just thought I'd drop a quick note here for my January friends, as I know some of you will be celebrating hitting months right about now.

Great work everyone. Looking forward to congratulating you on a year shortly!

I'm doing well. Coming up on 50 days again. Still bummed that I slipped up and had to start over, but everything feels subtlety different this time. Less of a struggle, and more "normal" to not be drinking now I have proven it can be done.

Happy sober weekend all!

MrMctell.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear you're doing well GTB

D
Old 12-03-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Day 335
Good morning classmates, especially Mr.M !
Thanks for checking in. So glad you are doing well. 50 days is a half century and something to be proud of. 2 months before you even know it.

I have had a decent weekend and hopefully Sunday will go as planned.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Sunday all.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Quickly checking in.

Congrats on 50, MrM! Don't be too hard on yourself for the slip-up, the more important thing is that you came back! You've got this!

DLB - good for you for making it to the gym on the weekend!!

Kimmy - I agree with DLB, you staying strong only helps them and the situation. I think it's great that you're going to talk to your therapist as well - as much as you want to be there for your sister, you have to take care of yourself too!

Staying busy on this end. I'm really excited about the holidays, but it also gives me a bit of anxiety thinking about all drinking events. Most of which I will either not go to or be the DD. I still have nights when I think I'd like to drink, but I won't. I've come too far.

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!
Old 12-03-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Hi class,

Quick check in...currently posting from on board a flight home from North Carolina. There for my daughter's soccer tournament. It was nice, but it is late getting back and have early classes tomorrow.
Can't believe today is 11 months and we are on our way to a year! We have to make it through the holiday gauntlet, but I know we will all do it.
Great to hear from you Mr. McT! Great work on 50 days. Congrats getting right back at it.
Have a great, safe, sober Monday everyone!
NACN
Old 12-04-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Day 336
Hi Class
Great to see so many posts this morning.
It sounds like your daughter is feeling better, NACN, as she is back playing again. Great news. And back to classes and your routine again.
Ina, I am the same as you. Traversing this season feels a bit like the beginning of summer patio/bbq season. We can all help each other get through again.

Up later. As always, Monday mornings are a late scramble to get to work. I sleep very restlessly on Sundays but am OK now as far as fatigue. It felt like a more constructive weekend than normal so in a better mood than i start most weeks in.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Monday classmates.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good week guys

D
Old 12-05-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Day 337
Hi Januarians
Just a super quick checkin on my way to work. An early start today
Have a healthy, happy and sober day all
Old 12-06-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Day 338
Hi classmates. Hope everyone is getting through their week .

Yesterday, I was remembering how exhausted, defeated and wrecked I was, only one year ago, by daily drinking. I can remember the run up to Xmas last year as one of my worst. I was considering signing back onto SR and going for it again, even though I felt there would be no point.

I am so glad I did.

Anyway, a bit too much too much to contemplate before my first coffee this morning

Have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

In between classes so thought I'd check in.
Yes, my daughter is doing better, so she is back at it! We go to Florida for a tournament in January (the day after my year anniversary!) so I am looking forward to that.
Just want to mention something funny...DLB a couple of weeks ago you mentioned visiting for Thanksgiving...I have no idea why, but all this time I thought you were in England!! Lol...maybe it's the soccer player on your avatar! Also, you have a very refined way of writing so that may have contributed to it.
So, that's all here! Some days have been easier than others this holiday season, but I feel I will get through it.
Have a great, happy, healthy, sober Wednesday everyone.
NACN
Old 12-07-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Day 339
Hi Januarians.
Ha. Thanks NACN. Although I wasn't born in the UK, I lived there for a long time, so you are/were pretty much correct !

Same for me too. Taking the ups and downs but headed towards the EOY with some hope and positivity. We will get through it. Preparing for the "so now what ?" slump I inevitably will hit when we begin 2018.

For today, up early for some study stuff before work.

have a constructive, fun and sober day classmates.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Day 340
Hi classmates
A quick check-in as I get stuck into my day. Thinking of everyone as I get through coffee #1 and work out how to make the most of my Friday.

Have a healthy and sober day all.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Day 341
Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday. This week was quite productive for me. Hope it was for my fellow classmates also.

Getting near the end of the year. .. It seemed to go so quickly. Maybe we take more of it in if we are not blind drunk the whole time.

Have a healthy happy and sober weekend.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Day 341,
Quick check-in. Have been having a relaxing Saturday. Went out yesterday with my friend - every year we have an annual shopping and dinner date. Was so much fun! Enjoyed some delicious mocktails - I'm always so appreciative now when the bartender makes an effort to make me a special drink and doesn't get huffy over the fact it's non-alcoholic.

I agree DLB - this year has gone by so quickly! And I think we do take it all in! Just being able to remember this last year is a gift! No cringing at things I've said or done. The clarity of it all!

Anyways, off to do some homework - this is my last week of classes so one final push to get assignments done.

I hope you're all having a great weekend