Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 11-14-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi guys, DLB and NACN, hope your both feeling ok today. My 3rd daughter is now vomiting! Wow this has hit hard. My eldest has a high fever, but youngest is going back to school today. Wishing everyone a great day. X
Old 11-14-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Checking in. Seems we all may be in a bit of a funk lately.

NACN - I hope you get a chance to chat with your doctor and that things start to turn around for you. This time of year can be especially trying with the change of seasons. I’ll be thinking of you

Kimmy - I.HATE.THE.STOMACH.FLU - your poor daughter. Let’s hope this is the last of it!

DLB - Hope getting back into your pre-work routine makes your week better. I’m always amazed at people who exercise before work! I did a boot camp a few years ago in the early morning hours and it felt good, but EVERY morning was such a challenge to get out of bed. Hats off to you.

Well, things have been busy here, but I find myself very emotional these days. Emotional and overthinking everything! Not sure if it’s because I'm finally being more social with work and the classes, but I find myself questioning what others think of me a lot. More than I ever have before. I’m second guessing things that come out of my mouth and find myself re-playing conversations wondering how I came across. I think I'm just so used to forming new relationships at a bar over cocktails, that I'm in a way, learning how to socialize again and it’s taking some effort. I’m even overthinking the fact that I'm overthinking! LOL! I’m hoping this is simply a phase and a learning process, and that eventually, I’ll start to be more comfortable in my own skin. It’s humbling though to realize how much I still have to learn and that at 10+ months I’m still very much in the early stages of the journey into sobriety. That being said, I’m so grateful to even be on this path.

Anyways, Off to do schoolwork and classes later.

Hope you all are having a great day!!
Old 11-15-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Day 317.
Hi classmates. Nice to see everyone's posts.

Maybe a few of us are in a pre-holiday low or funk, or like you suggest Ina, maybe we are still in the very early stages of this journey. I over think WAY too much also. Forming social relationships, while sober, is hard. We just need to relearn, I guess.

The stomach flu sounds terrible, Kimmy, I hope both daughters feel better really soon.
NACN, hope you are battling your depression, with or without doctor help. I am hoping mine is seasonal and connected to my approaching a year of being sober.

No gym or study this morning which is bad. I needed a bit more sleep and to be on time for work. Tomorrow FOR SURE !

have a healthy, sober and happy day wherever everyone is in the world.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hey, just checking in real quick.

Things are going pretty well. Back and forth between feeling pretty crummy and feeling OK. Sleep has been strange, last night I couldn't get to sleep until very late, then slept fitfully.

I guess it is pretty early on in our recovery! Ten months seems so long, but after 20+ years of drinking, it is still pretty new.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, (no more stomach bug Kimmy!), sober Thursday.
NACN
Old 11-16-2017, 04:19 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Day 318.
Hi classmates. Checking in.
Hope everyone has a good Thursday. My sleep is also messed up but I will get through today.
Have a healthy, happy and sober Thursday.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hi guys. All three daughters and myself are over the gastro. Thanks for all the well wishes. Hope you all have a wonderful day. You are all in my thoughts. Xx
Old 11-17-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Day 319.
Good morning classmates
I am hoping for a good end to a hard working week. My routine of exercise and learning new software has fallen to the wayside all week, so a big FAIL there. But, work went well. Hoping to end on a high note today.

Thinking of everyone in my class today. Have a healthy, happy and sober Friday !
Old 11-19-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. How’s your weekend going? Hope all is good. Snowing here but that doesn’t stop me going to a retro garage sale!! At the metro and on my way there. Wishing you all a good day. Xx
Old 11-20-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Day 322.
Hi classmates. I had a good weekend, with work anyway. This week I intend to try to get back to my healthy routine. My sobriety was never in doubt, just the extra day to day steps I do to keep myself free of depression and happy.
My motivation has definitely slid so I am taking back my week. Even posting on here has been waning slightly.

Anyway. Hope everyone has a healthy, happy and sober day. Thinking of you all.

PS Love the idea, Kimmy, of braving snow for a retro garage sale. Just the kind of thing i would do.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Just having a read through the threads and thought I’d stop by and say hi. DLB, done well at the garage sale. Got a lovely painting, semetrical designs in orange. A three legged teak lamp and a large, round, teak tray.
Was happy with my finds. I love my vintage!!!
Hope all is good with everyone. Big hugs. Xx
Sleep time here so talk to you tomorrow. : )
Old 11-20-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hello All,

Checking in. I hope you were able to get back to your routine DLB, I know how happy it makes you. Self care is as important as keeping up with work.
Kimmy, congrats on the finds at the market! Glad you were able to brave the snow and get some goodies.
Spent the weekend in the mountains with my husband, it was very nice. Very short week here as Thursday is Thanksgiving Day, so tomorrow is my Friday! Looking forward to eating lots, this is a chubby time of year for me but I am going to try not to let it bother me. Thinking about this time last year and how I was really starting to hit rock bottom, a few pounds over the holidays will not bring me down.
Have a wonderful sober day Januarians.
NACN
Old 11-21-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Day 323.
Hi classmates.
yes, today was back to the routine. Urgh. Hard work getting up but such a feeling of satisfaction that I hit a small goal.
Well done with the finds, Kimmy.
Thanks NACN. Self care is the key, I agree. Once we get sober, and learn more about ourselves it is good to know the triggers that get us into a funk.

Have a great thanksgiving. This year we do have a lot to be thankful for

have a healthy, sober and happy day all.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Day 324.
Hi Januarians.
Yesterday's return to my weekly routine felt so much better. Same again today, hopefully.
Have a wonderful, happy and sober day all.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing all you guys a safe and happy Thanksgiving

D
Old 11-22-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Day 324,

Hey guys!

Checking in We all seem to be climbing out of the funk we were in which is great

Kimmy - Retro garage sale!!! Sounds like a fun day and you found some awesome steals.

NACN - In the mountains sounds so idyllic. I also was thinking about where I was last year recently. Someone mentioned it was anniversary of a bar up the road and I was there for its opening - a particularly cringe-worthy night! It's nice to feel in control again!

DLB - Glad to hear you're back to your daily routine and feeling better

Well, I've been pretty busy with classes and work which has been great. I recently purchased my ticket to visit my family over the holiday. I'm really excited to be going home and sober. It usually is a big partying week, but my family all know I am not drinking and are supportive. I've also offered to babysit for my sister which she's pretty excited about.

Hope you're all well and Happy Thanksgiving to anyone celebrating!!
Old 11-23-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Day 325.
Hi Januarians.
Thanks Dee. I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving.

Just off for a bike ride.
Have a wonderful, safe and sober day all
Old 11-26-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hello Januarians,

Had a very nice Thanksgiving and holiday weekend. I ate waaayyyy too much, diet starts back tomorrow! It was kind of a stressful weekend in terms of drink. I never actually considered having a drink, just really missed it, and i think the holidays are definitely going to be a challenge.

But, I am trying to stay positive and thinking about trying to get back into shape!

Have a happy, safe, stress-free, sober Monday.
NACN
Old 11-28-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Day 330
Hi Januaraians
I was also out of state for thanksgiving, so a bit slow on my posts.
Doing well though. I agree NACN, this last push for the end of year is going to be tough. I think it is feeling outside of the celebrations. I find myself reminding myself of all the damage I did last year and how hard this journey has been.

I am up early for exercise and self study, so starting my week off correctly. Trying to end the year on a positive streak.

Have a lovely, sober and happy day all
Old 11-28-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hi guys. So glad you had a nice thanksgiving. Xx
I understand about missing drinking but like you said DLB, reminding yourself of the damage drinking has done is a powerful tool. I also remind myself of the life I lead whilst an active alcoholic. The inner turmoil and relentless self hatred. So don’t want to feel like that ever again.
I don’t know if I have written here before about the, it seems, constant problems with my extended family. Especially my sister. She really is extremely difficult to deal with and causes emence anxiety for me. Well, things with her are not good at the moment. I remember this time last year with her, it was a living nightmare. I was in very early stages of my sobriety, about a month and a half in and drank due to the pressure I was feeling with the hours of phone calls on a daily basis and threats of killing herself. I tried my best to handle it but caved. I am now at 10 months and I just hope I have the strength of mind to cope with this in a better manner.
I know all the things in my head. All the rational thoughts seem to waver when this type of stress arises. It’s like my kryptonite. Seeing my therapist on Friday and will talk to her about this. I know for me, I can’t allow my heart to rule my head when it comes to alcohol. Big hugs to all. Xx
Old 11-29-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Day 331
HI Kimmy.
I didn't know the issues with your family. I am sorry that you have to go through this. I have been in something similar once, with a loved one, going through mental illness, threatening to kill themselves as a weapon to hurt me, with them.
It was so heinous, I couldn't really work. I wasn't sober at the time and I wonder now if I would have found the strength to keep going with my sobriety also.

If someone in your family has this much pain, you being strong only helps them. Falling down to their level of mental pain and anguish, by drinking, would't help you or anyone. You can do it. Stay strong. 2018 will be way better as we are a year through this

Have a healthy, happy and sober day Kimmy and classmates.