Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 10-08-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Day 279.
Hi classmates
Just a quick checkin. Everything is going well in dlb land. Hope you all are also. I also had a backyard event to navigate sober. Everyone is now very aware of my "year off" booze so it was totally fine.
Thinking of you guys
Have a healthy, happy and sober day
Old 10-09-2017, 09:26 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi All!

I am glad you had a good time at the party DLB! It is nice that everyone is aware of your sobriety. As we approach a year (!!!), do you think it will be difficult when you tell them you intend to go beyond the year?
A bunch of us went out after the show last night. It was fun, but after about an hour there I needed to duck out. Nobody even mentioned the fact that I was drinking soda, but I just didn't want to be around the drink any more.
Today is a holiday here so enjoying some down time. Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, sober Monday.
NACN
Old 10-09-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

NACN - So great you got to enjoy the wedding and that thoughts of drinking stayed away! I think it was also smart to duck out when you did last night. I’ve also gone out on occasion with friends and I have had a great time, but once the alcohol starts flowing excessively I just find myself not really feeling like engaging anymore Holiday here as well! Happy Thanksgiving!

DLB - Glad to hear you also made it through your backyard event! I agree, It’s so nice to now be accepted as a non-drinker! In the new year if anyone questions my intent I simply plan on saying it felt so good, why go back?! Which as you know, it really does feel great!

This weekend went to my BF’s family’s house and had a nice Turkey dinner. Other than that I’m just staying focused. I’ve signed up for another writing class, so that’ll make two beginning this month!

Anyways, should get some sleep. Hope you have a great start to the week! And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’m so very grateful to be on this journey with you guys
Old 10-10-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Day 281.
Good morning classmates. In the spirit of giving thanks for things, I am also thankful to you guys for being on this journey with me. We are getting through the year.
To answer your question Nacn, I will be saying the same as Ina. Just that I have opted for one more. I figure, after that, nobody will ask. And yes, only 82 to go !!!

The one down side of this approach, is that by not being honest, there may have been an opportunity to talk about things, which might have benefited others or me.

Up very early today and no exercise. Missing that and my self study. This week I will try to get back into that routine.

have a wonderful, healthy, sober and happy day all.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Day 282.
Slept in this morning. Maybe it is the change in the weather ? And off to work. Have a wonderful, healthy and sober day classmates.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Day 284.
I did some calculations and somehow have been a day off on my sober count for a while . I am sure this error through you guys also. I think it is correct now.

I tend to cut and paste the previous day/date, make my coffee and type. Based on how sleepy I am, anything can happen.
- It is probably a good thing I don't fly space shuttles or am an air traffic control person for a living.

Going for it today. I would love to end the year on a high note so I am planning a sprint of positive actions of some kind or other until the end. 80 days left of this year.

Have a wonderful, happy and sober day classmates.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Just checking in
Day 284...lol, my counts would've been off too if yours were DLB, ....I copy and paste from you

80 days left!!! I almost spit out my diet coke when I read that! It's unreal how fast time is going by.

"The one down side of this approach, is that by not being honest, there may have been an opportunity to talk about things, which might have benefited others or me"

I totally get this! Sometimes I think the exact same. I do, however, suspect that some of my closer friends know the extent of my problem and understand that me saying "taking a year off" is simply what I'm comfortable with They've never said it...but I can tell. Which is great....they respect my decision and don't push.

I also love the idea of a last sprint of positive actions! I may have to copy your idea and set some goals

Hope you're all having a great day!
Old 10-12-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hello. MrMctell here. I lost my credentials and had to sign up under a new account.

Well, it hurts me to say this but I made it to just over 250 days and crumbled. You probably remember that I was have lots of problems with my marriage etc. Well, it was too much in the end. That's not really an excuse, but I'm sure you all know how hard it is under the best conditions.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in to say how proud I am of my teammates here. You must have all passed 9+ months and I just wanted to say well done.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Day 285.

Hi Dee, Ina, Nacn and MrM .

It is great to hear from you, friend.
250 days is a considerable achievement and leaves room for next time to make it permanent.
I know your struggle with issues directly helped me as I was in a different-but-similar boat for many of your sober days. So thank you for helping support my journey for so long. Welcome back to SR, mate. You can do it this time. We all missed you.

& Thanks Ina. I am going for this .. end of year positive goal push. Other than sticking more to my gym and self-study I have yet to have pick something to focus on. So similar to you . It would feel good to end on something .

Have a healthy, happy and sober day classmates
Old 10-15-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Getting set for a sobriety reboot! Hate it so much, but it is time to say it's day 1.

I feel bad posting in this thread, but you guys are still an inspiration to me! I actually never thought i'd relapse because I was so excited about sobriety.

8 months was easily my longest stretch without a drink since i was a teenager, and i'm pretty proud of that.

Onwards.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Day 287.
Hi Dee, Nacn, Ina and GTB, I will have to get used to that.

I am so happy for you to be re joining , GTB. You shouldn't feel bad that you are deciding to get sober. You did great last time and you can do again.

I would definitely recommend also joining a new, full class with active posters who are all facing the stages of sobriety at the same time. In hindsight, that communication and comradery was a major part of getting through the first 6 months. Our thread can get very quiet these days.
I am very happy for you. You can fight back .

Sundays have remained the worst sleep night so, as ever, up late and have the Monday scramble to get ready for work. Hope my classmates all had a healthy, happy and sober weekend.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hello all!!

It is so great to hear from you Mr. McT!! I am sorry to hear that you had a relapse, but it is great that you are back here and ready to start over. I have faith in you!

DLB, could you give me an idea of the positive actions you hope to take for the remainder of the year? I don't mean to pry and I certainly don't want specifics, but in general what are you planning to do? I would love some ideas moving forward.

The show closed last night, and although it was a very positive experience and I loved being around everyone involved, I have to say I am happy to have some time freed up. Need to get back on the healthy eating and gym bandwagon.

Have a happy, healthy, sober Monday!!
NACN
Old 10-17-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Day 288.
Hi Nacn & classmates
As far as achievable goals to end the year (75 days .. yikes), it is a few inches off my belly, some extra strength at the gym and learning a new piece of software to expert level. Most of this is should happen by increasing slightly to my existing routine, and that is the hard bit.

I think because I started 2017 going for a goal, it would be nice to end in similar fashion.

Congrats on finishing the show. Another successful production to chalk up and time to think about a new challenge.

Have a healthy, fun and sober day all.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Day 289.
Hi classmates.
Throwing down a coffee before going for my exercise. Hope everyones mid week is going well.
The self-study went well yesterday so trying for a decent work out today to balance things up,
Have a happy, fun and sober day Januarians.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Day 290.
Hi classmates.
Dito from yesterday, so really just a check in. Odd dreams last night so glad to be awake. Just psyching myself into exercise.
Have a healthy, sober and wonderful day Januarians.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Day 290
Quickly checking in I’ve been really busy lately, but still reading daily.

Mr.M - I’m sorry to hear about your recent relapse, but so glad to see you made it back here. You should be proud of your 8 months!

Not a whole lot new on this end - staying busy with classes and work which has been great, and finally getting back to a more reasonable sleep schedule as well.

Hope you're all having a great week
Old 10-19-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hello fellow Januarians!

Not much going on here. I am liking your ideas for positive actions DLB. I want to run a 5 mile race on Thanksgiving Day, so I started training this week. Up to 2 miles so far, but I don't think it will take too long getting back up to speed (or at least up to distance....I am not very fast!!). Now I just have to get away from all of the candy and ice cream!!

I am enjoying my evenings off. Nothing very exciting, but early to bed is exciting to me these days!

Proud of everyone still here, and excited that we are getting so close to 300 days! Pretty unbelievable.

Have a great, happy, healthy, sober day!
NACN
Old 10-20-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Day 291.
Hi classmates.
My no exercise day so enjoyed a lay in. Not too much on either today but glad to see you guys check in.

I know all three of us will make it over the 300 day line. I am very proud of us also. The odds are against people sticking with this for so long. Being part of a team has really helped.

Have a healthy, awesome and sober Friday !
Old 10-21-2017, 01:42 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Remember me? I’m still around every now and then. Have really fallen of the grid I know. Have been dealing with a lot of family issues but things are on the up side. I apologize for not posting in such a long time but just wanted to say hi and that I do think of all my on line family often and with great fondness.
Even though there have been a lot going on I’m so very happy to say I’m sober and have been since January 26th. Much love to you all. X
Old 10-21-2017, 01:46 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Kimmy - congrats on your sober time

D