Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 12-09-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Had a very nice day. Holiday party with my mom's side of the family (no booze served, so very easy!!). It was really nice, relaxed, and we played some fun games. Then my boy had a basketball game and after we all got snuggled in safe while it snowed outside. All in all, a lovely winter day.

But OH MY GOSH I have been eating SO MUCH SUGAR!!! Desserts, candy, hot chocolate, whatever I can get my hands on. I am like some kind of sugar demon. I am letting it go though (well, honestly I do have some guilt as well as a terrible stomach ache!!). It will help me get through the next couple of weeks. BUT I do have to have my husband hide the candy on me again (he had hidden it on Halloween but he hid it in the Christmas stuff!!) We need to just get rid of it I think lol.

I hope everyone is having a happy, healthy, fun filled sober weekend.
NACN
Old 12-10-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Day 342

Hi Class
I often miss checking in on Sundays as i try to have a day away from computers. Lovely to hear from you both, Ina and NACN.
I am looking forward to our next year. I am sure we will feel acomplishment and , hopefully in my case, new energy to hit some new goals.

Have a great, sober and happy Sunday all. With TONS of sugar !!
Old 12-10-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good week DLB and everyone

D
Old 12-11-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Day 343

Thanks Dee, and good morning classmates.
I hope that everyone had a great weekend. This week I am trying to do a better job with focus. Sobriety rarely is the issue, it is what I do with my sober time that weighs on me.
This day is getting off to a decent start. I hope everyones else's day is also

Andrew
Old 12-12-2017, 02:32 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Day 344
Hi classmates. A super quick check-in to say good morning.
Have a healthy, fulfilling and sober day.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Day 345
Good morning classmates. A super quick check-in as I begin coffee and digestive biscuit #1 and figure out my day.
Hope everyone is happy, sober and having a good week so far.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hi Class,

Quick check in. My daughter got into her college of choice! We are all very excited here, although now we have to figure out how we are going to pay for it...she is just thrilled though, and she has worked very hard.

I have been gaining weight with all of the sugar, and it's getting me a bit depressed. I have tried to be better today. I know that once the holidays are over I will return to healthy eating, I always do. But it is bumming me out a bit.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, sober Thursday.
NACN
Old 12-14-2017, 01:37 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Day 346
Good morning Januarians.
Hi NACN, congratulations on the news about your daughters college. I am sure the sports program was a factor. Paying for stuff is always the trick in my world also. .. Somehow things work out
I am physically not in the shape I was a few weeks ago either. Mine is less to do with sugar . Despite that, hopefully, both our bodies are WAY better than we were this time last year.

wishing everyone a happy, sober and fulfilling day.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Thank you DLB! Actually, my younger daughter (junior in HS) is the soccer player, and she is already committed to a college. Now my senior knows where she is going! It's so bizarre that it worked out that way, but it is nice to have the both of them settled.

Thank you so much too for putting things into perspective. Although I may not be totally pleased about where I am now physically, it is soooo much better than this time last year.

Soooo close to a year!! Let's do this Januarians!!
NACN
Old 12-15-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Checking in

NACN - Massive Congrats to your daughter!!! I also can’t believe how close we are to a year!!!

NACN / DLB - I’m with you both! I’m not in top physical shape and it’s something I want to work on in the future, but I know my body’s still WAYYYYYY better and healthier than last year. Feels so good. I remember last year this time in particular, I was getting really bad back aches and pains in my sides….scary stuff.

Well, I finished my final week of classes and just came down with the flu. lol ….after just talking about my body being healthier. lol. Honestly, though, I feel like when I was drinking I almost ignored it when I got the flu, or the hangovers overshadowed it. Maybe I was simply used to feeling like crap 90% of the time. Anyways, glad it held off until after classes! These past two days I’ve been eating soup, drinking hot chocolate and watching lots of terrible cheesy Netflix movies. So it's not been too bad after all.

Anyways, I’m gonna try to get back to sleep.

Hope you’re all doing great!! We’re so close you guys!!!!
Old 12-15-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Day 347
Good morning classmates.
It is funny how we are still all in sync on so many things. The big thing being, we (hopefully) get to cross the line into 2018. Being a almost year sober, and a new class of 2018 starting, seems crazy to me. Anyway, plenty of time to reflect when we get there.

This week has been good as far as study and bad as far as exercise. Will get back to a nicer balance next week hopefully

Feel better soon Ina. Maybe the drop in adrenaline from your busy class schedual allowed the flu to surface.
NACN, so glad you have a picture of both your daughters plans. Exciting.
Dee, thanks for always being around. I don't always say it but I greatly appreciate it and none of would be here without it.

OK. off to work for me. Have a healthy, happy and sober Friday.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the kind worlds. You guys have the tough job tho

D
Old 12-18-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Day 349
A remarkably late start to Monday, even by my standards, so rushing out the door to work. I am trying to end 2017 on a good few weeks.

I hope everyone has an awesome, sober and positive week.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:48 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Day 351
I think I did the math wrong somewhere, but am pretty sure this is the last date correction needed until the end of the year.
Woke up on time. No exercise today, unfortunately, but doing some self study stuff before work.
Have a wonderful, healthy and sober day all.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rounding the home turn now DLB

D
Old 12-19-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

morning Class!

Well, that number is even better DLB! It's truly amazing, only about two weeks until we hit a year. Great working on the self study. I think the exercise is tough this time of year, I usually get back into it come the new year. Hopefully that will happen this year as well!
Have a safe, happy, sober Tuesday!
NACN
Old 12-20-2017, 02:33 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Day 352
Good morning Januarians !
Yes, our class is rounding the corner, Dee and Nacn !
My end of year is still in a bit of a minor rut, as far as bike riding or gym, but my study and work combo is in good shape. Maybe we will both get super fit as part of 2018, NACN.
Have a healthy, happy and sober day classmates.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Day 354
Hi classmates
An early start. Throwing down a huge coffee before study. My bike is still glaring at me wondering if it will be still be used in 2017. Forgetting that, I am glad to be on such a good roll work wise.

Thinking of everyone in our class. have a healthy, happy and sober day.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Day 355
Good morning classmates.
A quick check-in as a I get ready for work. Thinking of us all.
Have a healthy, happy and sober Friday.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

hello class!

Glad you are feeling good about work DLB! That is a nice way to end the year on a high note.

Not much going on here except getting ready for Christmas. Lots to do as I host the day. Feeling good though!

Have a great day Januarians.
NACN