Old 11-03-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
irish45

Day 305

Hey everyone. Been a while since I've been on here. Nice to see everyone is doing good. Halloween evening we were taking the kids trick or treating and I saw a lot of people chillin in there driveways with fire pits. Drinking ,listening to music..relaxing. I havent had any issues with cravings for sometime now but that hit me out of no where! I kind of laughed it off to myself because it's a lot easier to deal with that urge more than it used to be. It also got me thinking of you guys and how you were all doing. Sounds like everyone is going strong. I'm pretty pumped that we're getting close to a year sober. The last time I made it this long was when my wife was pregnant. I sobered up for both of my boys but I was kicking and screaming inside the whole time. Didn't want any part of it! I felt like by the time my oldest was 6 i would stop. Now he's 10 and his brother is 8. Little late but I'm here now! I feel like the big thing is that I WANT to do it this time. Ya know I'm just trying to be the best dad i can be. I remember growing up and my dad laying on the couch drinking crown and coke. ALL THE TIME! Lol...I'm trying not to go down that road.
I'm gonna go hit the weights. We got off work early and the house is nice and peaceful. Figured this was the perfect time to get on here. Take it easy everybody. Have a happy and sober weekend.