Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 12-22-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Day 355,

Quick check in here as well Been busy with Christmas shopping and work. I'm feeling good Will write more tomorrow, just wanted to stop in. Hope you're all doing great!
Old 12-23-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Day 356
Hi classmates.
A super quick Saturday check-in . Thinking of the class today. Feeling lucky those of us left are on our journey together.
Have a healthy, happy and sober day.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

I wanted to repost this message from the first day of our class.
Many people joined our group. Each of their posts contributed to us still being here, even if many of them are not with us now . This post seems quite touching now so I wanted to share.

---------

Hello and Happy New Year!!

I am a proud member of the January 2016 class, and one year ago tonight was where each of you are now. I was starting over at Day one, again. I promised myself that 2016 was going to be different, and thanks to the support of SR, my amazing January classmates, and people like Dee I have one year sober.

Read and post on here daily. If you feel like you are going to drink log in here first, someone will be around to help you through that. Read Dee's link about plans, and come up with one. It truly is one day at a time, and each day gets just a little bit easier.

I am so grateful for my sobriety, and cannot think of a better gift for you to give yourself for 2017.

Looking forward to seeing each of you here, and folllowinf your journey.

❤️Delilah

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Sobriety Date: January 1, 2016
Delilah1 is online now Report Post
Old 12-24-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Day 357
Good morning Januarians.
Hope everyone is well and hanging in there as we edge closer to xmas.
Have a safe, happy and sober day all.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing that post from last year DLB. It is quite amazing to think that we will be in Delilah's shoes in just a few short days! And what good advice it was.

Today may be tough as Santa always liked to have lots of drinks as he put the presents out...and before at the family party...and as we baked getting ready for visitors...etc etc etc!!! But I am feeling great and ready.

Have a happy holiday to all of my dear friends here. It is a blessing to have been through this year with you all.
NACN
Old 12-24-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

It is amazing to think that we'll be there in a few short days! Hope you're all having a good Christmas eve.
It's been okay over here. My BF has been drinking a lot the last few days, but it's his holiday break, so I'm trying not to be too annoyed. Also with friends being out and partying and celebrating has gotten me down. Not going to drink or anything...just having a mini pity party. Tomorrow I'll be fresh-faced and feeling great though so knowing that always cheers me up. Tonight I've just been watching lots of cheesy movies, wrapping gifts and eating every piece of junk food I have in my house! lol. So much to be grateful for really, I can't complain too much. Especially when I consider the alternative and where I was last year.

Anyways, gonna finish this movie and hit the hay! I hope you all have a lovely Christmas morning! Not sure what the weather is like there...but LOTS of snow here tonight!
Old 12-25-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas gang

D
Old 12-26-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Day 359
Happy holidays classmates. There is snow here too, Ina.
I hope everyone is getting through the festivities and family time OK. It is less than a week now. I know we can get over the line.
I am a bit like you both, Nacn and Ina. Feeling sorry for myself sometimes as not able to join in with everything but getting through it.
Thinking of you all.
Have a healthy, happy and sober day.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

!!

Hi Class,

Yesterday was I think the hardest day so far, since the early few days. I host Christmas with a sit down dinner. After we had opened presents in the morning, I was getting ready to start with the dinner, when we lost power. It was only our street, a tree had come down on power lines a few doors down.

So, with people coming over, no way to get the dinner ready. The power was out for six hours. It ended up working out fine and we just had dinner later, but it was such a stressful day. Not to mention how cold it was starting to get in the house! So that was stressful. Then, as soon as power came back, I had to scramble to get everything done.
Then, everyone was drinking and having fun, and I was being annoyed by my sister in law (lol), etc. etc. I just really wanted to join in with the drinking.
But I didn't.

And you know what? It was a great day. Best Christmas Ever, as my 10 year old son said. And I was there, sober, and aware to enjoy every minute.

So, all in all a good day! And happy that I have this week off, and today did NOTHING but sit on my couch!!

I hope everyone had a happy holiday.
NACN
Old 12-27-2017, 04:01 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Day 360
That is awesome Nacn.
My AV is going haywire also. The logic is that I can partake a little bit now, as I deserve it, and quit again in a few days. Obviously that is just my AV lying.

I will get through this sober, but I have so much empathy for those that can't hang on. I have spent so much of the year wrestling all that bullsh*t, I will not give in now.

It is great you were able to soak up each sober minute with your son and family this holiday. Really happy for you.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day classmates.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Day 360

Wow, NACN, talk about keeping you on your toes! 6 hours is quite a long spell without power! So glad you got everything done and it turned out to be the best Christmas ever!!!!

I also know the annoyance you speak of….we went to my sister in law’s (I’m not married, but after 10 years together I call her that, lol). It was a great dinner but later in the evening everyone started getting drunk and emotions and feelings started to get discussed. I’m all about deep conversation and all, but not after copious bottles of wine. Earlier in the night, I was jealous that I couldn’t partake in the wine drinking, but that jealousy quickly turned into immense gratitude as everyone started to get sloppy and loud. I was driving, but we still didn’t end up leaving til' the early hours of the morning. I was so happy to come home and just relax with a hot chocolate and unwind!

DLB - yes, the AV is being quite disruptive. I also find myself having the occasional thought that I can partake here and there. Like you, I also recognize it as my AV being a jerk - but it’s still annoying! We’ll push through it though!!

Wel,l tonight I’m flying home to see my family. I’m not a great flyer so I have a little anxiety today over it. Also, there’s a storm happening in the city I’m flying into. It’s supposed to pass by night, so I’m hoping my flight won’t be delayed. Wine used to be my liquid courage when flying, but honestly, I flew sober in May and it was the best experience I ever had. I realize now that being buzzed or hungover actually increased my anxiety!
It will be nice to see all my family. They have a bunch of parties lined up, but they all know I’m not drinking and I’ve already volunteered to be the DD or babysitter on occasion, so I think it’ll work out quite nicely. Anyways, will write again when I’ve landed and situated.

I can’t believe how far we’ve come! Lately, I find myself getting a little emotional every now and then when I think about where I would be if I didn’t find SR. It really and truly has been a lifeline for me. And this class. It’s funny how people you’ve never met in person can play such an important part in your life. I’m so very thankful for you guys! Xo

Hope you’re all enjoying your break!!!!
Old 12-27-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Just wanted to check in and wish you all a belated merry xmas. It was a good one here. It was a predictably tricky holiday season, but nothing too bad.

Christmas itself was lots of fun with the kids, sledding on the hill out the back of our property. Nice to be sober.

Other than I wanted to say how proud I am of my friends here on coming up to a year sober. Top work guys.

73 days for me.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Day 361
Hi team Jan17 , MrM & Ina. Great to read both your posts this morning.

Ina, I agree that this class and SR has been a saving grace for me. I have yet to be around really drunk people sober.
I am guessing you felt " was I really like that, or worse?" It must be interesting being on the other side.
Being free from all that is so much better. I know I got bored of being the most drunk guy at a Christmas party of really drunk people. I have no off button.

MrM, so happy that you are doing so well. I can point to at least three times this year where your posts resonated and definitely helped me through. 73 days sober is awesome. I know 3 months was where we all felt " so now what ?" and got a bit low. I have a feeling January 2nd will feel a bit like that for me. Bracing myself.

Have a wonderful , healthy, sober and happy day all.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Day 362
Hi class of Jan 2017
Are we really 3 days away ?

BTW, I wanted to see if anyone has a preference of how I count down next year.

If January 1st becomes day one again, and we just add a year, would that be OK for you all ? or just loose the counting ?
To be honest, most of the time, I wouldn't have much else to post if i didn't say what day it is in our recovery. I like the idea of starting new goals fresh again. How do you all feel ?
Dee, any thoughts ?

Have a healthy, happy and wonderfully sober day classmates.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd do whatever feels right to you DLB...

most people do tend to lose the counting...but if thats a way for you to stay connected here, I can't see any harm in it

D
Old 12-30-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

I can't believe we are so close! My date is January 3, so I am a bit behind, but still so very close!
DLB, I think doing whatever feels right for you will work! I think if the daily counting helps and gets you on to SR, you should keep doing it! And any way you feel like you want to do the count is great!

Not much happening today, just thought I might check in.
New year's eve eve!
Take care all,
NACN
Old 12-31-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Day 364
Happy New years eve classmates. I am off for a nice meal and in bed before the New Year

have a healthy, happy and sober night all
Old 12-31-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Many, many congratulation to DLB! Spent 20 mins trying to pick the perfect picture of the perfect cake for the occasion and ended up with lots of images of Elmo and The Little Mermaid etc. Most one year birthday cakes are for little kids believe it or not!
Old 12-31-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Congrats to anyone else here hitting one year tomorrow. I know not everyone started on the first, but sorry if I forgot someone who did!
Old 01-01-2018, 07:27 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hi classmates

Thank you Dee, NACN & MrM for remembering. One year ago tomorrow I wrote:

Hi all
Jan 1st 2017 was my first day for a while. I seem to have more success doing this with others like me, on this forum.
Would love to be part of the class. day 2 for me also.

So happy to be in your company. Roll on 2018
have a healthy, happy and sober YEAR !