Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 09-22-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hello Class!

Pretty good week. Opening went well. Still very tired!

Hope you get all you need done today DLB! It would be nice to have a relaxing weekend I'm sure. I agree, Friday does not bring the stress of AV any more, which is a blessing!

Have a great, happy, safe, sober weekend!
NACN
Old 09-22-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too NACN - and everyone

D
Old 09-24-2017, 09:31 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hey guys,
Just checking in after a really fun weekend. One of my cousins is an actor in a pretty big play downtown, so a bunch of family members visited the city to see it. It was so nice to catch up and hang out sober. A few asked why I wasn't drinking, and I simply said I was having a dry year and that was it. It wasn't a big deal at all. A few of them actually commented on what a great idea. I really feel I made the most of my time with them which included an early morning breakfast, which in my drinking days, I would've most certainly missed out on. Sober weekends will never get old.
Anyways, hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 09-25-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Day 267.
Hi Ina, Nacn and Dee.
That sounds like a nice weekend, Ina. It is good to have those moments where you explain your decision to not drink , half expecting lots of questions, and only find encouragement.
Taking a year off is also my go-to in those situations. In January, I figure I will just say that I liked it and am continuing.
Glad the opening and following shows are going well NACN.

No gym today as I did a lot this weekend and have a super early start today . Looking forward to getting into the day.

Have a healthy, sober and great day all
Old 09-25-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Sounds like a great weekend Ina! Nice to see a play, go out and socialize, and still be up for breakfast the next morning! Sounds like a win, and how nice to have such supportive friends and family.
DLB hope you had a good albeit busy day! You deserve a day off from the gym after being so busy.
I was out of contact for a few days because my laptop was broken! My lovely husband eventually was able to bring it back to life, thankfully. I felt so out of the loop!
Have a great sober day Januarians!
NACN
Old 09-26-2017, 02:29 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Day 268.
It was a long work day yesterday but am up in time for today. Keeping to my routine. Hope you all are doing well.
Not a huge amount to write about today, but glad to be still checking in and going for it.
Have a healthy, sober and rewarding day all.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:05 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Day 270.
Good morning wonderful classmates. I missed being able to check in yesterday but all is going well. Still keeping on , keeping on.
Have a sober, happy and healthy day Janauarians.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Day 271.
Happy Friday classmates. Hope all are well.
Fridays are a rest day from the gym for me which is the best. My self-study progressed this week and I am on the cusp of completing a big section.
Hopefully tomorrow. I have a long, hard day to get through first today.

hope everyone has a healthy, rewarding and sober day.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi Januarians!

DLB, hope you make it through your day! I also hope you have a nice weekend to look forward to.

It's been crazy busy here this week, and the weekend is going to be even busier. It's all good, in my business it can be feast or famine so I take what I can!

AV has been quiet though thankfully.

Have a happy. healthy sober weekend!
NACN
Old 09-29-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great weekend guys

D
Old 10-01-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

9 months!
Checking in Had a nice weekend and now preparing for my bf's family who's coming to stay next week. Last night went out for dinner with friends for a birthday. It's nice that all of my friends are now accustomed to me not drinking. It was a little annoying at the end. There were 14 of us out and we went to a restaurant and were served family style. While others had 3-4 cocktails or glasses of wine to go with their meal, I enjoyed my glass of fountain pop. Then at the end we just split the bill equally. I didn't make a fuss and just paid as it was a nice evening and didn't want to be a pain, but it was a little annoying knowing that I was paying for others to drink. Maybe also because going out for dinner now, I get a certain delight at seeing how much I save If it happened often I'd probably speak up, just didn't feel like huffing and puffing over twenty dollars or so after such a fun evening. Other than that, enjoying the lovely fall weather and getting lots done.

DLB - Congrats on 9 months for you today too!!!!
NACN - You're in a couple days!!! Woot Woot

So very grateful to be on this journey with you guys
Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
Old 10-02-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Day 273.
9 months. I had no idea, thanks. You too Ina.
Hi Nacn. I have noticed that you are either very busy or quiet. I guess that is the nature of your profession.
I went on a short trip to see family this weekend and wasn't able to post. I did relatively little yesterday. My AV is almost stable but the nagging thing is more about how to make these days count as fully as they can.
This week is going to be hectic also but I am slowly getting myself into the idea of a new week.

Have a happy, sober and fulfilling week team mates
Old 10-02-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates!

Congrats to you both DLB and Ina on 9 months!
Mine will be tomorrow. This will be definitely the longest I have been sober in my adult life, now even longer than when I was pregnant!

I have been really busy, 7 shows last week, teaching 4 classes which each meet twice a week, and I was involved as an actor in a lawyer training program that met over three days over the weekend (actually Thursday through Saturday) I am pooped but it was good money. Tonight is my only night off, and I am in bed before 9 PM!!
Sounds like a nice night out you had Ina, and how nice to enjoy it so much without the booze! It is annoying though that you had to pay the same as everyone, but I think you were right to let it go since it was such a nice time.
DLB I hope you had a nice time visiting with family! I am glad the AV did not get in the way. I hope you get some time for yourself in this upcoming hectic week.

Have a wonderful, happy, healthy, sober week!
NACN
Old 10-03-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Day 274.
Congrats on your 9 months NACN !
And hi Ina and Dee

Up early and drinking my first coffee. Gym shortly, trying to psych myself into working out and getting my head around all the work for the day.

I almost stayed in bed. I am sure this will feel like the right decision once the coffee kicks in

hope you guys have a great day
Old 10-03-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done to all you guys

D
Old 10-04-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Day 275.
Just a quick check in as I throw down some coffee. Getting my head around the day.
I can't believe that we are getting into the last quarter of the year. Where did it go ?

Have a wonderful, happy and sober day classmates.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Just checking in.

NACN - Congrats on your 9 months! Wow, you seem really busy - but good! How interesting that you got to be an actor in a lawyer training program. Not sure why, but I thought of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer had this acting gig where he had to pretend to be a patient. Haha Were you pretending to be in a case?

DLB - I’m with you on where did the time go! It’s so strange…in the beginning, the days were some of the longest…now they’re just flying by.

Well, I’ve recently started picking up a few serving shifts at a pub/restaurant my friend manages. She was in a pickle and needed someone quickly. If I was drinking, or even in the first few months of sobriety I wouldn’t have dreamed about working back in the service industry because I honestly would be scared of adapting the lifestyle of drinking after work every night. It has been great though. Everyone that works there is aware I don’t drink and supportive, I just go in and work and leave. The money is really good, but more importantly, it’s keeping me busy and helping me pay for some writing classes I'm taking. I am one of those people that the busier I am, the more productive I am. It’s just a couple shifts a week, but it’s been great and has helped me feel more social, as I was turning into a little bit of a hermit. My sobriety is still my #1 priority though, and if at any point I start to feel wavering thoughts of drinking, I’m aware these shifts will have to go. But for now, I’m really happy.

Hope you’re all having a great day!
Old 10-05-2017, 02:05 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Day 276.
Hi Dee, Ina and Nacn.
Ina, that is great you have picked up a few shifts in a pub/restaurant. Honestly, as a non-expert in this, I think you are going to handle it great.

There have been times in the past where other classmates had put themselves into situations that I ( or we all) knew were high risk, or would have been for me. This doesn't seem like one of those situations. It has been a while now for us on this journey/routine and we know how hard it has been to get here.

Obviously Dee and others are far more experienced in staying long-term sober, but if you are happy, don't feel and social pressure, and your AV remains quiet , I would say go for it.

For me, this week is a lot of work. More to come. I get that pleasure later in the day.
I have the gym today and want to chat to my instructor about some aches and pains that my increase in work out has caused. I refuse to not work out, seeing so many good things that have happened since I began pushing myself. Moderation, and modification, may be part of the key.

have a wonderful, happy and sober Thursday all.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Day 277.
Hi Dee, Ina and Nacn.

Yesterday went well. Hard work but I am happy with how I did. Today is a new start and an end to the week. Drinking my coffee and trying to wake up my motivation.

Have a wonderful, happy and sober day januarians
Old 10-07-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Had a wedding today, which was really nice. It was a small event, in my friend's backyard. Didn't even think about drinking, although many were. It was a very nice afternoon.
A show tonight and two tomorrow. Luckily Monday is a holiday here, so I look forward to having the entire day off!

Hope all is well with you guys.
Have a great, happy, healthy, sober weekend!
NACN