Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 10-21-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Good to her from you too. Xx
Old 10-21-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Day 292.
Good morning Januarians
@ Kimmy, thanks for checking in. Great to hear from you. Glad you have been able to remain strong with many family issues.
Up early for a Saturday. Lots to do. Doing, or rather, trying to do, my push for end of year. Gym, self-study projects stuff and work. I figure Sunday can be my lazy day.
Have a healthy, sober and rewarding day all.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Day 294.
Good morning all.
My Monday mornings are always such a scramble as I always sleep so restlessly Sunday night.
Oh, well. Getting there now.
Hope my fellow classmates have a great, happy and sober week
Old 10-23-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good morning. How’s everyone today?
Had a good weekend and my oldest daughters birthday yesterday. We had fun. So weird to go to a restaurant and now just automatically order a Diet Coke!
So grateful and thankful for the peace of mind sobriety brings. Long may it last. Wishing everybody a great day. Xxx
Old 10-23-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

So great to hear from you Kimmy! It is fantastic to hear that you are doing so well. Diet coke is my drink of choice as well! I agree, I don't even really think of ordering anything else any more. It used to be that I had to consciously order the soda.

DLB hope this is a good week for you! Sorry that you have restless Sunday nights.

Just in classes today. Have to bring my daughter to the doctor today because she sprained her ankle in soccer for the third time in just about a month. Let's hope it's nothing serious!

Have a great, happy, healthy, sober Monday!
NACN
Old 10-24-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Day 295.
Hi classmates.
I do hope your daughter feels better soon, Nacn. I am sure it is frustrating, and painful, for her. Soccer is such a social thing too. Keeping my fingers crossed she will be back on the pitch soon.

I actually mix up my drinks a bit, but green tea or sparkling water with lime have been the most common.

Running around this morning again. Have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Morning guys. NACN, hope your daughter is feeling better. Wishing you all a great day. Xx
Old 10-25-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Day 296.
Hi Januarians.
It was an early start today. Hoping to fit in both gym and self-study for work. I feel I have been neglecting both so going for both today.
Hope everyone is doing well

Have a healthy, constructive and sober day teammates.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Day 297.
Hi class of Jan 2017.
Just a very late log in, after a very late work day, to say hi and that i am thinking of everyone.
hope everyone had a happy, sober and healthy day.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Day 298.
Hi friends.
Friday and no gym, or self-study, but had a decent week of both. Finally shaken off a cold so no excuses today.

Hope all in team Jan'17 are having a healthy, sober and happy day.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hello Januarians,

I am glad you are over your cold DLB. Not a fun thing to have hanging around...and good for you going to the gym all week in spite of it! You deserved the day off today.

My daughter is doing better, some physical therapy should help her. College visit today with the older daughter, which was delightful.

Looking forward to a restful weekend.
Have a wonderful, happy, healthy, sober weekend all.
NACN
Old 10-28-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Day 299.
Hi NACN and classmates.

Glad she is doing better with physical therapy. Ankles can be slow to heal sometimes, as they carry so much weight in a small area. I am sure when you are younger they heal far faster. Hoping it all goes well for her and she is back out on the pitch in no time.

I am just checking in as my day begins with too much coffee as ever. A very full Saturday but it should be OK.
Have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Hey guys,
Checking in after a very busy week!

Kimmy, it's so nice to hear from you!!!! Glad to see you're still going strong

NACN - Sorry to hear about your daughter's ankle, but glad to hear she's doing better and on the mend. And how fun about the college visit with your eldest. I don't have any children but I imagine that was a very special day to spend together. And in the Fall! Feels like straight out of a movie

DLB - Glad to hear your cold hasn't got the best of you. Hope you got lots done today!

Well, I just got back from a two-night mini trip to see my sister in Ottawa. She was there for work so I piggybacked on the free hotel and we spent some time together. It was such a nice relaxing weekend. We shopped and went out for dinner and I had some delicious non-alcoholic mocktails. I have never explained to her why I quit and instead used the whole "year off / cleanse", but I know she is aware I was drinking too much. She was so supportive and said how great I looked and even said she thinks she may stop drinking too! Although she has maybe 1/2 a glass of wine and can leave the rest. lol. I think she was simply trying to show her support, which I really appreciated. It's amazing. A year ago if I took that trip I would've been hungover in the hotel room while she was at the conference. Instead, I was up at 7:30 with her in the morning, went and got us coffees and spent the day exploring by myself. A fabulous sober weekend!

I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!!
Old 10-30-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Day 301.
Hi classmates
Ina, what a lovely trip. How rewarding. I think loved ones might feel they got us back this year. I am very happy for you. Spending time together, in close proximity, your sis probably saw your new life and was able to talk again.
I agree, mornings are the best on trips as it is easy to remember how we were last year.

I am doing OK. A decent weekend. Revived somewhat and going for a good one this week.
It seems the balance of gym, personal work, family time and my job is how I feel happy.
There is not enough hours for all but keeping a balance, and getting sleep, seems to make me feel happy.

Have a wonderful, sober and healthy week classmates.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Just having a quick check in before bed. Take care all. Big hugs. X
Old 10-31-2017, 02:08 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Day 302.
good morning classmates.
A quick checkin before study and the gym. Slowly waking up.
Have a wonderful, sober and fulfilling day all.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:02 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Really quick check in...we lost power in a wind storm on Sunday night, and the power has not come back yet
So, it has been a trying few days! Hoping that it comes back on tomorrow.
I will write more once we are out of the dark! Using "borrowed" wifi right now lol!
NACN
Old 11-01-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Day 303.
Good morning Januaraians.
NACN , that sounds crazy. It has been a long time without power. Hopefully you didn't loose too much in the fridge. Hope you get power back soon.

Yesterday was a trying day for me at work, but I sort-of held it together. Going for it today and sticking to my routine. Gym soon but study first.

Have a healthy, sober and rewarding day. WITH electricity !
Old 11-01-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hello lovely January people. Just thought I would check in as I know some of my friends here are now passed 10 months and I wanted to congratulate you.

I sad I couldn't be racking up the milestones with you, but I now have 17 days sober and am feeling really calm and collected right now.

Anyway. I'm proud of you guys!
Old 11-02-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Day 304.
Hi MrM
Awesome. 17 days is great, Buddy. You are already racking up milestones. In your 3rd week already.
Having been so far before, your experience will be able to really help the class of Oct17 . When things get into their down months. That was a tough time for all of us this year. And we will be here also.
It is great to have you back.

I have had a decent start today. Gym and study. Off to work

have a healthy, happy and sober day all.