Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 5

Old 06-22-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Oh man Axe. I know the drill with insurance and getting the repairs done. I've never dealt with this kind of thing, but know people who have. My insurance tried to say I had my own car stolen. Yes, a 44 year old with no criminal record, no speeding tickets, no debt, and no lawsuits, committed a felony to attempt to get $2500 of insurance money. A-holes!! I ended up simply firing them and dealing the costs.

I slept heavy last night, and until 11am. Wow.

2 days ago I made a simple decision with my therapist. I don't know what I'm going to do, where I'm going to go, or how I'm going to get to a good place, but I can stay with the status quo with my financial constraints that keep me broke and unable to work (but provide safety), or take a leap and see what happens. The last 10-20 years haven't worked ou too well with the former, so my decision is I'll have to leap. There's no other choice. I'm not living, I'm simply existing.

Vipe
Old 06-22-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

https://www.facebook.com/foundr/vide...6242929476446/
Old 06-22-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I've had an ok time with my insurance. Used to have a stellar agent but she was so good she got promoted fast. Got a younger guy with a young staff that's good but not great.

We have to get an estimate for work to see if it's more than or less than our deductible. Wish me luck for "way under."

I'm still thankful I didn't have to approach today hung over. I am going to start using this as a reminder. You never know what tomorrow will bring. Better not drink so you can be prepared to make the best of it. Not just negative, but positive too!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Meow

Good luck with the damage, axe. We had a fire here. They wanted to give us a pittance. I stood my ground and got almost exactly what I wanted. Took two years. Fortunately the place was livable as the damage was all outside. What I wanted involved upgrading an 85 year old foundation.

I had another day free of alcohol. That's a good day.

Interesting video, Viper.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Time to take a leap.

I'm useless here. I need more help now. I could see me going to to VT for a month and not touching a drop (easy), and upon return, just going right back.

I'm back in it.

I'm posting because I feel this is a judge free spot. Uggghh. What the bleep is wrong with me....
Old 06-22-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can get a plan together Vipe - no matter where you physically are you're obviously emotionally and mentally stuck right now..it makes no sense to me to make a geographic move without considering the other stuff as well?

sorry about the accident Axe but I hope it will be a quick fix

D

D
Old 06-23-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Whatever happens with the house, I plan to take it in stride. 2nd floor hallway floorboards are buckling a little bit so this very well might end up an insurance claim. We shall see.

I'm on day 6, which is a short term high mark for me. There is absolutely zero chance in hell I will drink tonight and that feels so awesome.

I felt sore from all the hard work yesterday and I liked it. I might be finally in the headspace to start working out again.

Viper, it's possible that only you know what is best for you, but consider the advice of those who truly care about you and have your best interests in mind. I can see the perspective of needing a change of scenery to fix yourself. I can also see Dee's point of maybe needing to solidify yourself a bit first before making a big move. Just think, listen, and move with purpose.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I dislike insurance with a rather strong passion. And of course they say "everyone says that until they need it" BS!!! when you need it they treat you like a crook and you have to fight like hell to get what you essentially supposedly have been paying for over the years and its just crap!!! And then they drop you because your money isn't free for them anymore.
Well I feel better now thanks for the rant. I hope you have a positive experience Axe obviously mine haven't been so great over the years and I think in my lifetime I have been involved in only a couple of minor auto claims.
Viper my 2 cents is that Dee and the therapist are both right. If you use the time in Vermont as a launching point of change instead of a temporary break from your norm it could be a good way to get something rolling in a better direction for yourself. As I tend to say more often these days only one way to find out.
Almost forgot Axe excellent on the 6 days.
PC glad to see you back I was getting a little nervous for you being gone longer than normal but I did forget you had said this camping trip was a little longer than a regular weekend. I do not pretend to know you or your spouse well enough to offer anything but a passing suggestion but you may think about discussing your plan with him before the next camping trip it may make it a little easier on both of you once you get to location. Not sure just an idea.
My wife is a teacher and has been a special education teacher at the pre K and grade school level for the better part of the last decade. The stress and total unhappiness that job has brought her over the last couple of years by a total lack of support from the school administration has been a difficult thing for me to watch and support here lately. I convinced her to quit after this last school year and find something else (she tried to transfer out of special ed within our district 4 different times but was blocked from doing so by her principals every time she tried). We could definitely NOT afford for her not to be working into the fall and we have both been putting on brave faces to each other but both of us have been freaking out on the inside. Tuesday she was hired on the spot after her interview in a neighboring town to teach 1st grade in the fall. I'm relieved for my creditors and happy as hell for her. I didn't think she would commit to change without giving up the safety net she had by keeping the old job until finding something else. Thankfully she found something without suffering any real pain. Hopefully the job is better than what she had. I am pretty confident it will be. Anyways it's a major weight off of my stress levels and now I can move on to the next one. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm not using a Vermont as a geographical fix, it could provide the time to get the traction I need. Then return and keep working to keep it going. I've got to break routine. Alternatively I have a cousin with 50 acres in VT, horses and a guest house. She'd probably take me.

Yes I am emotionally stuck. The only way I know that helps get me get unstuck is not drinking. I don't know how much time I can take in Vermont, but a 28 day program's worth of time to kick start this would help a lot. If I can't get that up there for free, I'll approach my father and tell him I need this.

I'm kind of thinking of trying antibuse. I don't want it in my file, but if it's that or No Life, what's the diff? The Psychiatrist will give it in a minute. Use it to get a good chunk of time. I did try it before and thought it was reacting badly.

There's a noon meeting down the street right now and I'm sick in bed.

THANK YOU

Viper
Old 06-23-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whatever you decide we'll be with you Viper
Day 6 is awesome Axe

D
Old 06-23-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Next, yeah the insurance companies are scum. I stole my own crappy car?? Give me a break. I payed $1,000 a year for 20 years and when they faced a $2000 payout, I'm not the victim, I'm a criminal. So they got to keep their 20k and that was it. I didn't fight them because I didn't want to get dropped. I just hired another company.

Ok. Stiff joints. Bad Pain. Very hot. Feel like garbage and I deserve it. I'm baking a couple of sweet Garnet Yams and some chicken sausage. I'm going to down the high octane water.

Talk later.

Viper
Old 06-24-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I just erased my post!! I'm ok.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I'm lying low. Feel terrible. My allergies kicked in big time again. This is nasty.

I seem to be bound and determined to keep my life at a stand still. That's what I'm doing. Choosing the status quo and remaining a prisoner. I'm a real tiger. I can do anything, but I'm drugging the tiger. I'm also lying to people.

After 90 days last year I gave notice to leave my apartment of 20 years and was out in 30 days. At 25 days I was up at 7am and going strong as long as I kept to my strict diet.

I'm a nice guy. I'm smart. I'm talented. And it's time to stop drugging the tiger.

I'm consistently asked if I'm a lawyer, a social worker, even a scientist recently. I know a lot, about a lot of things. It's too bad I drugged the tiger so long. I'd be one of those things. But I've got the education and background to fit in with high end professionals. That's who I drank with.

My sick friend was in touch with me today. The building maintenance guy said he might be able to help her clean up. When she went out he got a few people together and cleaned out the masses of trash and cleaned the whole place for her. She was living in filth. It was an incredibly nice thing to do. I did it once already. He must have got 4 professional cleaning guys. She sent photos. Then she asked me for a ride to get food and I had to stick to my line in the sand. Help me, not her. It would have been easy for me, and it would have been the 400th time I gave her a ride in a 18 months.

Ok. Dinner is ready to be fired up. Talk later.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're not feeling great at the moment , I'd ease up on yourself a little.
You can move forward when your allergies subside.

D
Old 06-24-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Right Dee, I'll feel better in a couple of days. I'm just analyzing this behavior.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

A drugged tiger is a good analogy, Vipe. Even just with everyday life, I can tell that I manage it more sharply now than I used to.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi guys. This never ending bathroom remodel is getting close to the end!! Besides that exciting news, I've really got to get my head back into a good place. While I'm not drinking every day, it's starting to really creep back into my life. I'm also stuck at the same weight (duh).
Old 06-25-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

PurpleCat, it started seeping back to 2 times a week for me. Which leaves me paralyzed the rest of the days. I'm working on getting my head on straight too.

I'm feeling better than yesterday.

V
Old 06-25-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

I gave in a bit this weekend too. But last week was such a success, I am looking forward to repeating. IOP is still in my plans too.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Ax

If you are an alcoholic, which I believe you admitted earlier this week, then you were not sucessful last week. For an alcoholic, success is accepting that you can never drink again and following through on it.