Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 5

Old 05-23-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Meow

Welcome back Badger! I was just wondering how you were doing.

Axe, I drink myself and so I understand that side of things, yet I still get hurt feelings that my husband won't quit drinking. It's hard to be the spouse of a drinker.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

My wife almost doesn't drink at all. She is about a 2 drink maximum, once every two months type. She used to be a bigger drinker but just grew out of it I guess.

I was sober last night and did sleep a little! I will attack today, too!
Old 05-24-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Meow

Good for you!

One of the things that drives me nuts is that he never remembers anything. I'm constantly repeating things to him. I'm glad that's not me any more. I remember I used to wake up and try to reconstruct the night before. This past Saturday when I had my slip, I ordered something from Amazon. It's something that I had talked about ordering in the past, but I don't remember ordering it on Saturday or why I decided to do so at that time. That's just awful - not remembering a good chunk of your life
Old 05-24-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hi Badger, welcome back!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

PC - that was me. Forgetting plans she told me about in advance until the day before. Having to be reminded how the movie we watched together ended.

I started trying to make amends last night by being sober and giving her a foot rub. I used to do that a lot. Tonight I am going to help her make a dessert for her office potluck. Just typing this makes me happy and a little proud. That's worth staying sober for.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Welcome back Badger, we missed you. I hope things are going well for you!
Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I guess I've give anything a go because this was brutal. I feel awful. I canceled a doctors appointment I've been waiting for for 2 weeks. Took a 2 hour nap and just woke up with plenty of time to get to the appointment and it was taken of course. It used to be so easy to into this office. Always next day. Maybe it's the time of year. Dunno.

Psychiatrist was not too very helpful yesterday, by the time I explained everything gong on it was time to go. I guess my questions were answered.

This thing with my sick friend, now 1500 miles away at the best hospital in the country, is killing me. It threw me over the edge. She's totally sick and alone. She needs to pay for a hotel or an apartment while there. The friend she went with turned out to be a con artist, robbed her, and left. My family is now super stressed and trying to help. We are arguing amongst ourselves. Family members can just push a button as easily as me buying breakfast and solve it without it having any impact on their finances, but are being totally cheap. I'm not saying they should pay. But they are involved and want to help. I never asked them to. They came up with the idea, but when push comes to shove no money shows up. If you want to help, F-ing help. If you don't, shut up.

Plus I'm getting calls from her, she's absolutely desperate. They are doing a huge amount of testing and found some things. Spinal tap could reveal almost anything when it comes in. All the medical is paid covered, it's just housing.

More later.

V
Old 05-24-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by axeman5971 View Post
PC - that was me. Forgetting plans she told me about in advance until the day before. Having to be reminded how the movie we watched together ended.

I started trying to make amends last night by being sober and giving her a foot rub. I used to do that a lot. Tonight I am going to help her make a dessert for her office potluck. Just typing this makes me happy and a little proud. That's worth staying sober for.

I will admit to playing games with my husband now. If I suggest something and he resists, I'll just say that we already talked about it (when he had already had a bunch of rum) and he said yes. Since he can't remember, he gives in. I'd say more than half the time he resists it's because he'd prefer to stay in and drink so I feel no guilt.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I'm licking my wounds. Watching shows online and snacking. I'll be a bit better tomorrow. It's funny that the sun ended up coming out this afternoon and I felt way better soon after.

Next moves...

Viper
Old 05-24-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Sup yall

What's up yall I'm Cyclone my sober date is 2/11/17 and so far so good

Got a sponsor, actually had to change it recently my first sponsor this go around didn't answer my calls or return and was half measuring

But going to a meeting daily, staying connected

I appreciate all of you
Old 05-24-2017, 11:26 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome cyclone

D
Old 05-25-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi cyclone! Good to have you join us.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hi Cyclone

Welcome to the February Class!

Glad you are doing well!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Ahhhh! I slipped last night. Actually made it home without booze, visited my parents briefly, ate dinner with my wife... Then the power went out. She was responsible for dessert at a pot luck today and couldn't bake as she planned, so I ran out to get a backup plan and, I caved to the idea of "Well the power is out so I need to entertain myself." So mad I wasted a good day.

I will be sober tonight though. I'll never stop trying.

I will probably go to at least one meeting this weekend. (Would be my 2nd ever)
Old 05-25-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Confirming my sobriety tonight. I am frustrated by my choice last night, and am more determined to try harder tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hi Cyclone!

Axe, glad to hear you're on top of things tonight. Power outages were always a good excuse for me, too.

Next Friday at work we're having our annual community party. Kind of an anniversary party for the company, and it coincides with a regular event downtown, so friends of the company show up. There are usually kegs and a case or two of wine. I'm not really worried about being tempted, but I do anticipate having to ward off curious people. Mostly, I'll need to not be an arse about it.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Good luck rascal. You can do it!
Old 05-26-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Woke up today with no major hangover. I don't feel perfect, might be a mix of how bad I slipped Wednesday night and taking a little too much OTC sleep aids. Either way, I didn't drink, and I know if I don't drink tonight, tomorrow morning will be even better.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Meow

Heading out camping after work today. Will keep Retired Guy's success in mind!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Ax,

You say "I know if I don't drink tonight". If you are going to be successful there should be no "if" in your thought process.

"I am not going to drink ever again" is what works for me.

Stay strong this weekend PC!

Another rainy day on the road for me. I am becoming a fan of McDonalds. How do you beat a muffin and unlimited coffee for $1.99 and free WiFi as well?