Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 5

Old 06-29-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Meow

I just reread, and something really amused me. The thought that Vermont is big (I've been to Vermont). I live in Michigan. It takes eight hours of hard driving to get from where I am (southeast part) to the northwest part of the upper peninsula.

Texas is worse as far as drive times go.

No offense intended Vipe. Just different perspectives.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

PC, haha! I know it's true. I need to drive those big states. Its one hour across all of CT basically. Rhode Island is tiny, right next to us. And it's an hour and a half to NYC or Boston from me. Anyplace else... we fly.

So I was awful yesterday and figured out there is a flare of a health issue I have, and I started my med for that. That and detox. I made the MASSIVE (Purplecat) 4 hour drive home. I'm here catching up on some showtime and getting some rest.

I can drive back to my friend's cabin anytime. My visit to Burlington VT opened my eyes. Wow! Nice folks. Beautiful town.

Day 7 over. I made it. I was off in my counting. Let's get more.

V
Old 06-29-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Axe, I'm there with you on job stress and deadline. And clients. The Day Job is in media -- print, web -- I design All the Things, generally at the last minute. Turning perfectly good wood into sawdust is my coping mechanism
Old 06-29-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

PC and Dee, I came to the conclusion on my little trip is that the best use of my time, right now, is getting myself into the best physical and mental condition I can. Focus on nothing but that. Then see what happens down the road and be ready for it because I can cope.

To me the most important parts would be: not drinking, going to the gym (a lot), meditation or some kind of mindfulness, my diet, period. The good stuff starts to appear if you stick to that simple path.

My sister wants me doing some work because if she got one of her stupid ideas in her head that always simply stress the sh-- out of me and cause a lot of problems. She thinks I'm 'afraid to earn a dollar.' She wants to see it happen. At her place of business. I really really don't want to do that because she's really a witch and I don't want to hear her attitude. It's like when we went to FL and she insisted I do yoga every day. It was so stupid because the lesson was to show me I could show up for something, which I have no problem doing. I like swimming. I don't like yoga. Swimming in the ocean is my zen. Make an 8am swimming time for me and I'll be there every day. I took 36 courses at a really tough school for my BA and I showed up for that with no one breathing down my neck. So with the yoga she stressed me to the max until I couldn't even do it if I wanted to. She ruined the trip.

I just want to get in shape and find my way. As I'm working on the health I can read up on ways to find financial independence (my way) and see what it takes to make those things happen.

V
Old 07-01-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Rascal - sounds like you can 100% relate!!!
Old 07-01-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by axeman5971 View Post
rascal - sounds like you can 100% relate!!!
Old 07-01-2017, 09:35 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hey everybody! Sorry I have been absent... still sober (don't count days). Just been crazy busy and haven't had a chance to th ink about drinking....until today. So I know myself well enough that I need to refocus and stay on top of this. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Badger. I am glad your doing well.

Stay strong!
Old 07-02-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Hi folks, I'm in the June Group, doing well. I just wanted to check in. 10 days is more than I've had in 2 months. I'm keeping it going. More to come.

V
Old 07-02-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Good job Viper
Old 07-02-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

10 over. Washed my bedding. Washed my car. I took my evening shower early (I took a shower 9 or 10 days in a row, unheard for me). My legs are still in knots but im ok. Exciting! But focus on the small stuff.

V
Old 07-02-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Great updates, Badger and Vipe!
Old 07-02-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Been away for a few days, finishing up works and tasks. Could have done without the last minute....'can we have it before you go' things. But done. Leaving me with just a couple of days to get a long list of things x'd off.

No drinking.....but sleep still bad and really hoping for a good one tonite.

Really hope this trip will work out ok.....just want a kind of retreat time, not a party up and shop time. It'll be warm....but Japan summer is humid, not like burning Aus heat. I'm taking software to study, and my Japanese books.

All the best people. Later
Old 07-02-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope it's a good trip Can. Stay true

D
Old 07-03-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Hi, start of day 11. I'm still sleeping like a darted rhino. I'm going to sleep before 11pm and waking around 9:30am. I don't wake up in between. I hope that 10 hours goes to 9 and 8, etc. Of course it's early yet. Plus my new med detoxifies the body and heals inflammation so I could still be adjusting to it or healing.

Keep up the same and have small improvements and rewards I hope.

V
Old 07-03-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Awesome vipe!!!

I am feeling good today. Going to get a haircut then do yard work at my house with my dad
Old 07-03-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

......darted rhino

hehe.....like that.

I could use some of that kind of sleep...
Old 07-03-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

I'm starting to think the tiredness is from my new medication. I'm totally alert now. I take it at bedtime. I'm not going to take it tonight. There are 2 reasons it can make me tired, 1: It's a side effect and I need to lower the dose, or 2. it's doing its job and I need to wait out feeling like crap. Detoxification and Healing takes a lot of energy. This drug does a lot of things and a person needs rest to heal. Calling doc tomorrow.

Day 11 over.
V
Old 07-04-2017, 01:31 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Okay

All packed.....so ******* tired.....just wanted some of that darted rhino sleep. 4 a.m. start.
Get spat out the other end 18 hours later then another 3 out to Saitama.

I like that old Russian custom, where before leaving on a journey, you stop, sit down, be still for a few minutes. Then get up and go.

Cya later class
Old 07-04-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Canguy, you can't sleep on planes? If I'm really tired I'll sleep thorough the entire trip. Best of luck in Japan dude.

I'm not too happy. Old illness is rearing its ugly head. I'm not sure what to do. Drinking won't help. It usually comes up because of stress. So I guesss this would be a stressful time. Usually by 12 days I'm itching to get into the gym. I can barely move. I'm trying to downplay it to my parents so they aren't upset. My new med could have stirred this up or its coincidence.

Finish of day 12 in 7 hours when it's 7pm. Then on to 2 weeks. I can only hope I push through this. My leg muscles/calves are still in knots. So I've got a ways to go. Shock to the system even though my habit was low.

V