Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 11-28-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks for your support all. I did react to him saying I felt embarrassed I assumed I should be included. Then he kept telling me how everyone was going to be getting me presents, which embarrassed me more. Because it wasn't about that. It was about being included and having an opportunity to contribute. Why do I have to explain that.
What do I care about getting presents? Nice of them to think to do that but, that wasn't my point. Yes my emotions are all over the place and I am glad I have to go to work so I don't have to worry about drinking, until a few hours have passed. Hopefully I'll be calm by then.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I'm thinking of leaving my phone at home....
Old 11-28-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Day 3. I'm completely exhausted. Was back to work today after being out for a month based on my broken foot. Day was long but went well. Mild cravings on the way home but they passed. No I'm going to relax, eat dinner and relax more.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Nobenders and Futurama
Old 11-28-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Abriella and asixstringnut

Hope you can work through it Plenny.

Congrats on your milestones guys!

D
Old 11-28-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I keep getting kicked off, I don't know why. Just using a different email so that I can say goodbye, you all have my very best wishes. Thank you so much my Nobender family. xxo!
Old 11-28-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Administrator

did I miss something - why are you leaving startarstar?

D
Old 11-28-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Guess I'll rear my head... I fought the urge and the urge won, 2 days before T-day and Black Friday. Nothing got out of control 'yet'. I used all my tools and I lost this one. The guilt is killing me. There was no reason at all to drink. I just wanted too. I couldn't fight that urge. And since I let my guard down that first time it was easier to do it again at a neighbors party a few days later. Going to SMART tonight to get back on track. I'm not done trying yet. Although, I feel discouraged because I have all the tools to use and I still make the wrong choice. It's very depressing. I have found that all these movies about major alcoholic tragedies make me want to drink even more. So I'm not watching those kinds anymore.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Dont leave us

Starstarstar, we need you here.
What has happened?
Old 11-28-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Starstarstar? what happened? Stay safe and come back to us!!

Keep fighting sunshine72! The AV does get easier.

Okay, now I have to watch futurama,,,

Badge
Old 11-28-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sunshine
Try and not be too discouraged.

I think recovery is two essential steps...pone is getting a range of tools, and the other is finding the willingness to use those tools over the easy option of a drink.

do you think maybe you're not totally ok with never drinking again, maybe?

or maybe your life and ideas of fun are pretty much entwined with drinking still?

I was ambivalent too - but I knew I couldn't drink anymore or I'd die.

A few months in I began to see the real benefit and joys of being sober.

I figure I gave 20 years to all-in drinking, I should be able to give 3 months to all-in recovery?

If you can get a similar amount of time up, i'm sure you'll see more reasons to stay sober for good

D
Old 11-28-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I'm not wanted here, needed here. All of you have everything you need inside you, really! Remember who you were when you were 7 years old, who you wanted to be. Be it. x!
Old 11-28-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you change your mind.

Forget about everyone else for a moment - maybe you need to be here?

D
Old 11-28-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Ditto

Starstar. You are wanted and needed here. Everyone of us is.
You also have a beautiful shinning light inside of you that the world and us need to see. Xo
Old 11-28-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Oh! One more thing. Please! Teach others how to to think, instead of telling them what to think. Please.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

did a post or a thread upset you starstarstar?

D
Old 11-28-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by starstarstar View Post
I'm not wanted here, needed here. All of you have everything you need inside you, really! Remember who you were when you were 7 years old, who you wanted to be. Be it. x!
Starstarstar - I hope you stick around. I'm your neighbor after all and us Floridians need to stick together. We're here for you!
Old 11-28-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, just stopping by before bed. I'll be waking up to day 4 and I'm beginning to feel some of those negative feelings and fog beginning to lift. To those struggling, stay strong. WE can do this! I've only been here a few days and I can already feel the bond some of you have. I look forward to that.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Dear starstarstar, I know how you feel.

Just wrote a long post to you explaining why I have decided to stay.

The anonymity of SR is allowing me to be honest with myself, and who I am. I'm not here to have someone describe the evils of alcohol to me, and why I shouldn't drink, nor give my AV a name. My AV is steely. I want to find MYSELF.

I am going through a very tough psycological time at the moment, not least of which are the feelings I am experiencing about my mother dying (?) and the guilt of finally being permitted to be myself. Liberation guilt. Love ya Ma. True.

I am experiencing an emergence of self which is very frightening, and desperately want to see it/me develop. Not knowing how to maintain this sense, and not lapse back into torpor is not easy.

SR gives me the opportunity to develop myself in anonymity.

I don't come here to be told the evils of alcohol and why I shouldn't drink, nor give my AV a name. My AV is steely. I come here to express my self honestly, and learn about who I am. The anonymity of SR allows for me to do this if I have the courage.

Once that real sense of self kicks in, alcohol doesn't stand a chance, because I'll like myself, and who in their right mind would even consider using alcohol in the way that I did if good esteem were in place? No one.

Whatever you decide, I hope you drop in from time to time with all your own projects and doings, and that as a Class we can really get to know ourselves,and each other, as individuals. I reckon that's what it's all about.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hmmmmm what's going on starstarstar? Not really clear on what happened

Tonight was a MAJOR challenge. Went to work and was just hit with a barrage of people and I became very emotional and unmanageable. Craved a drink for the first time since Thanksgiving bender. I was grouchy to everyone i work with, did very little to contribute, and stormed out and went straight home.

Got on the phone with my boyfriend. We were both stubborn and in opposition. Then we both softened and talked about this Christmas nonsense. Agreed to talk in person tomorrow.

He told me he is on day 3. He told me he knows that many of his problems in life are caused by or exacerbated by alcohol and that if he wants to have a relationship with me he knows he must stop drinking. He told me he told his brother in law that he would not be drinking over our Christmas vacation. And he told me that if it helps me feel more comfortable coming to see his family he will stand by that promise. He also said if I don't want to come he will stand by that promise anyway. I didn't make an ultimatum or ask him to do any of this, it is all him. And it really is music to my ears.

I think I must give him that chance. It might be our last chance but I think I will brave it. I am not afraid to take a risk here. It might just be my last risk for love. I really am exhausted in that area.

I also called my best friend and asked if I could call his mother in law, who lives in a nearby town, just in case things fall apart over the holiday and I need to get out.

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's how to pack a bag really fast and to ALWAYS have a backup plan.