Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 11-29-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladyshipwreck View Post
Plenny My husband uses this 5 things technique for anger and says it works well. It is also supposedly used to prevent panic attacks but doesn't work for me.

Look around you. Find 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, and one thing you can taste.
Lady... that's very interesting!

So much great information here today!!

Hope everyone has a safe and sober night!
Old 11-29-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

If at first you don't succeed . . .

Signing up for my third "class" in three months, everyone. Good to be here. Before my last choice to drink, I had about 37 days sober.

New sober date is 11/22/2016. I posted a rough draft of my plan in another thread.

Let's do this together.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Day 4 in the bag. Looking forward to tomorrow. Stay strong everyone.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWTPEA61 View Post
Sunflowerlife
Thats wonderful to hear......have your husband join us here im sure he'll be able to relate and now you have a buddy to help you....its a win win situation
Thank you so much SweetPea. He said he does not need "help" and knowing him , he will try to do this on his own. We shall see- I will hopefully get him to open up more about it when he feels comfortable and then we can talk about a plan.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post

Signing up for my third "class" in three months, everyone. Good to be here. Before my last choice to drink, I had about 37 days sober.

New sober date is 11/22/2016. I posted a rough draft of my plan in another thread.

Let's do this together.
Welcome- I've been around the block a lot too. Let's make this our last group!
Old 11-29-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AceinNj View Post
Day 4 in the bag. Looking forward to tomorrow. Stay strong everyone.
Nice work! Those first few days are the hardest. Keep doing what you're doing!
Old 11-29-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainypnw View Post
Good morning. Day 7 today! I'm trying to keep up with this thread. Enjoying getting to know all of you through your posts.

I haven't been sleeping very well the past couple of nights. But, the hardest thing right now is dealing with all of the crazy emotions that I'm feeling. I'm use to drinking my emotions away every evening. Does anyone have any good ways to cope with the emotional roller coaster (especially feeling anger the past few nights)?
How about journaling? Sometimes I feel like all those emotions just need to released. Maybe let yourself just write until you can't write anymore. Or if you are angry at someone or something in particular, you could write a letter about it (no need to send.) I hope you feel better soon. You are doing great- hang in there!
Old 11-29-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

21st Day

Well Somesober all you can do is pick yourself up, brush yourself off and start all over again like the song says. 😊

Today I felt like I could not get it together. Caught up on the washing, it is not all folded yet, put up outdoor Christmas lights and decor, it is not perfect and I hate that. Then I was putting decorations over the fireplace and dropped an angel that had great sentimental value to me, it broke in half and lost her wings.😞

What a day. I did not hear from my AV Witchella yet today, I can't imagine why not with the day I was having. The day just put me down in the dumps. Christmas does that to me. I have so much social anxiety. Well we shall see what tomorrow brings.

Take care everyone, hoping we all stay on the path to sobriety. Peace. 😘
Old 11-29-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thanks for the journaling idea. I'm going to try that tonight and will commit to writing in a journal for the next 30 days.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
I could use some advice on managing emotions welling up. My problem is anger. Very hard for me to shake even if I run around the block, even if I count to ten, even if I scream my head off.
Have you tried guided meditation or hypnosis? They help rewire the brain. You can find ones specific to anger- do you use iTunes?
Old 11-29-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainypnw View Post
Thanks for the journaling idea. I'm going to try that tonight and will commit to writing in a journal for the next 30 days.
Glad I could help! I should take my own advice and try it as well. I used to write in journals when I was younger but stopped in my 20s and I miss it! I think this is the perfect time to do it again. And just think, we can look back on it in years to come and see what early sobriety was like and how much better life has become
Old 11-29-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

AV arguments

Man it was a long day. I have been traveling all day, and have been in three different towns!
I am finally settled in a hotel in Orlando. I had to fight my AV all afternoon. I shot it down probably five times and it was not easy. Being in a hotel alone makes it so easy to drink but I refuse to go down that path again.

I picked up dinner and ate it in bed- now I am fighting the urge to attack a vending machine! I will not do it! I am already in my pjs and need to sleep soon anyway so at least I have that working in my favor!

Just happy to be sober.
Hope everyone gets some good rest tonight...
Old 11-29-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Star- just passing thru CON. Who cares where you post, as long as you do? PJ
I do!
I'm lost just trying to navigate this site on my phone (the full site and the mobile). I don't want to confuse anyone else!
Old 11-29-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to those hitting milestones

Its great your husband is on board - don;t let your AV terrify you tho - you want to be sober, and being sober is a good thing. W e all live our lives one day at a time - it's ok just to focus on the next 24 hours for now

Welcome MeSo

glad you're staying starstarstar.

D
Old 11-29-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Just OD'd on Chick-o-Sticks

Damn sugar cravings
Old 11-29-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hey everyone ~ still here despite a slip-up over the weekend..... Determined to hang in there ~ Hope you're all doing ok
Old 11-29-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post

Let's do this together.
Your going to do it this time
Old 11-29-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

hi, everyone! i would love to join and follow along. i usually never get through more than two days sober, so i'm hoping i can stick it out. my sober date would be 11/28/16. i'm a little nervous since my husband is an alcoholic, too, and he likes to play with my weakness. i usually always give in.

my last time sober was back in may 2016 and it was 62 days. other than that, i was only ever sober pregnant.

i'm going to try to stay strong and focused!
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thank you so much SweetPea. He said he does not need "help" and knowing him , he will try to do this on his own. We shall see- I will hopefully get him to open up more about it when he feels comfortable and then we can talk about a plan.
It's gotta be hard to quit drinking when your husband is right there drinking my husband smokes weed but it doesn't bother me because I hate the stuff. Everyone has their vise ....keep going Sunflower im right there with you day 26 for me.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ohwonder View Post
hi, everyone! i would love to join and follow along. i usually never get through more than two days sober, so i'm hoping i can stick it out. my sober date would be 11/28/16. i'm a little nervous since my husband is an alcoholic, too, and he likes to play with my weakness. i usually always give in.

my last time sober was back in may 2016 and it was 62 days. other than that, i was only ever sober pregnant.

i'm going to try to stay strong and focused!
Wonder
We are here for you if you need to come and read our posts we would love to have you in our November class. 😊