Old 11-29-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyshipwreck View Post
amazing news sunflower!
thank you!
Old 11-29-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Such wonderful posts!

Jazzfish your post hit the nail on the head, very good post The other thing I have been noticing is that when I drank, every good I was doing in my life stops...almost immediately I am going to ad this to my list of mental shouts when the AV pops up. thank you again.

Sunflowerlife- That was huge! To have your husband join you on this journey has got to be a great thing! So happy for you!

Sixstringnut- congrats on day one and on to day 2.. Love your Avatar, are they yours?

LadyShipWreck- day 9 Nice!! I agree this group has exploded, i didnt think about reading off my phone

Finished decorating yesterday, this morning is clean up the disaster that is my spare room and den. this afternoon I am taking some me time, looks like its going to be another cold but sunshiny day so will take the girls out for some play time, get outside this afternoon. Enjoy the day.

I hit the 2 week mark today! Yeah

Keep positive everyone!!

Badge
Old 11-29-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Hi everyone! I don't have a lot of time to write in depth but this morning something huge happened. After yet another incident where my husband drove drunk with the kids in the car this weekend he actually came to me and broke down in tears and said he didn't want to drink anymore. I never expected those words to come out of his mouth but I am elated. I now have a partner to support me in this endeavor which means the world to me as you all know. I now also have someone to support and that's all I ever wanted was to see him be his best and me of course be my best as well. The craziest thing about the timing of this is that I was going to sit him down and tell him that if that ever happens again I was going to leave him and take the kids with me, conversation I did not want to have.I dumped out all of the wine in the house and we are both starting fresh today at day one. I obviously screwed up over Thanksgiving and I own that. Anyway I will chime in again later I have a long day of traveling and probably won't get to my hotel till about six tonight but I can't wait to catch up and see how all of you are doing. Much love
Sunflowerlife
Thats wonderful to hear......have your husband join us here im sure he'll be able to relate and now you have a buddy to help you....its a win win situation
Old 11-29-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Day 7

Hi Nobenders!

I don't have time to get into much conversation since I am yet on the phone again holding with the insurance company for my son. The company has screwed his account and now he's basically sitting with no insurance and bills churning in the six-digit figures. I've been a mess and just had a total meltdown but am not going to turn to drinking over this.

He's to be released tomorrow so I'm trying to get this figured out and get food in the house, figure out transportation, etc.

Sorry for being so self-centered but I do wish all of my Nobender class mates a very happy and sober day.

~Cat~
Old 11-29-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Good morning Everyone! Thank you so much for the warm welcomes. It's great to be here and it is such a wonderful feeling knowing that I'm not alone. I can relate to so many posts here. Still trying to read through everything.

I made it through Day #1 but didn't sleep well last night. A lot of tossing and turning all night... hopefully, the sleep will come tonight! The first days are the worst.

Hope all of you have a great day!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 7 today! I'm trying to keep up with this thread. Enjoying getting to know all of you through your posts.

I haven't been sleeping very well the past couple of nights. But, the hardest thing right now is dealing with all of the crazy emotions that I'm feeling. I'm use to drinking my emotions away every evening. Does anyone have any good ways to cope with the emotional roller coaster (especially feeling anger the past few nights)?
Old 11-29-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I could use some advice on managing emotions welling up. My problem is anger. Very hard for me to shake even if I run around the block, even if I count to ten, even if I scream my head off.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

hello Rainypnw, from the eastside of Oregon

I relate a lot to the emotional ups and downs. I tend to go to the angry emotion also, for really no reason. I do not have a good outlet for my emotions when they go there, hubby meets anger with anger, and takes everything personally. So when my mind goes south I try to face the anger, my negativity. Stop it in its tracks. Is it legitimate? Can I change/correct the cause? After that I go to mindfulness, meditations. i have an app on my phone, Tiny Buddha, that I go to a lot. I know that my above sentences do not quite match, but it is a process that seems to work. I have also just started a journal that is only for me, and I write a lot about my emotions there. Hope that helps you.

Badge
Old 11-29-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Thanks badger for the info. I'm going through a mindfulness class right now with my partner and that seems to be helping a little bit. I'll check out the Tiny Buddha app right now.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Plenny My husband uses this 5 things technique for anger and says it works well. It is also supposedly used to prevent panic attacks but doesn't work for me.

Look around you. Find 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, and one thing you can taste.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hi Badger...I can't find the Tiny Buddha app. Is it possibly under a different name?
Old 11-29-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Interesting, Lady..... I'll try it. Thank you!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi everyone~

Welcome to everyone new

Congrats to everyone on their milestones glad to see so many doing so well.

Day 2
I tried to post last night but I am just so tired in the evenings, I did however get caught up on a lot of posts. I drank over Thanksgiving, and I am back on day 2. I feel good today, still have a lingering headache but glad to be back on day 2. I will try to check back in tonight. I need to take more action to keep myself sober, otherwise I am afraid the motivation I am feeling now won't last for long.

I hope everyone is having a great day/evening
Old 11-29-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

RainyPNW here is the web link, Tiny Buddha: Wisdom Quotes, Letting Go, Letting Happiness In I cant remember how I got it on my Iphone. I searched through safari and got it that way.

Badge
Old 11-29-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I'm still here! ☺️

I'm so sorry I accidentally posted comments/replies that were meant for the other SR site, Smart Recovery.
I deleted my account over there, joining two new communities in my first week was too much! Please forgive! ☺️
Old 11-29-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by starstarstar View Post
I'm so sorry I accidentally posted comments/replies that were meant for the other SR site, Smart Recovery.
I deleted my account over there, joining two new communities in my first week was too much! Please forgive! ☺️
Always! Welcome home!

Badge
Old 11-29-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I am glad you are still here starstarstar
Old 11-29-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Star- just passing thru CON. Who cares where you post, as long as you do? PJ
Old 11-29-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Just checking in on day 4. I've been pretty busy lately with school, it's reaching the end of the semester and finals are approaching. I'm just glad to have something to occupy my mind other than alcohol or my current situation. I've heard people say that being in your head is a scary place to be, and right now I can relate to that. I would like to get to a point where being in my head is peaceful and serene. Hope everyone is having or has had a good day.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
I relate a lot to the emotional ups and downs. I tend to go to the angry emotion also, for really no reason. I do not have a good outlet for my emotions when they go there, hubby meets anger with anger, and takes everything personally. So when my mind goes south I try to face the anger, my negativity. Stop it in its tracks. Is it legitimate? Can I change/correct the cause? After that I go to mindfulness, meditations. i have an app on my phone, Tiny Buddha, that I go to a lot. I know that my above sentences do not quite match, but it is a process that seems to work. I have also just started a journal that is only for me, and I write a lot about my emotions there. Hope that helps you.
Great to know! I've heard about mindfulness meditation. My emotions are all over the place... I'll have to check that out.