Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 11-28-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Woke up with a headache this morning. I hate these mornings. I can't believe the end of the week will be December. This year is going so fast. I hope everyone has a great, sober day!
Old 11-28-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hope your headache goes soon jazzfish. I've been getting a really weird stiff jaw the last two weeks. Feels like it's constantly clenched even though it's not.. Bizarre.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Hope your headache goes soon jazzfish. I've been getting a really weird stiff jaw the last two weeks. Feels like it's constantly clenched even though it's not.. Bizarre.
Possibly tension? From stress, anxiety? I've had that feeling a few times when I've had too much caffeine. It will pass! 😊
Old 11-28-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
Day 1. I feel like a long timer because ive been on these forums a lot before. But ive been away for such a loooong time. Plenty of regrets and events to confirm that i am indeed an alcoholic and gravely need to quit drinking. Im still sick n tired of being sick n tired. Both feet in now. Just for today. Thanks all.
Welcome back LLG! I have had my struggles sticking with it in the past, like many of us. Day 3 for me, so I can relate to the feelings you're having. Hang in there, this is a great place to be.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Day 28 here.
My coffee intake reached epic proportions so am now doing half decaf and half regular to decrease that.
No cravings really...although Saturday something happened that caused me to have a few fleeting thoughts of "I could use some wine" but it passed almost as quickly as it came. Thank god.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi everybody, Day 14. Two weeks! I can't believe it. Can't remember the last time I didn't drink for that length of time. Was really busy yesterday so didn't get to post but did catch up on all of your posts when I got the chance.
Welcome to everybody who has joined. Thinking of each and everyone one of my online family. Bug hugs to you all. Xx
Old 11-28-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Day 2 here. Hello everyone, I wish us all the best on this journey. Our best life awaits us, is waiting for us to claim it!
Old 11-28-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
I get that too, us alcoholics are short on magnesium and b vitamins. I find magnesium and ibuprofen helps with my TMJ. I think it stems from sleeping in a tense state, if you are used to alcohol to go to sleep and no longer have that form of muscle relaxation.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good morning Nobenders! Congrats to everyone for staying on this difficult journey.

NatVt- stay hydrated! Keep a glass of juice or water with you all the time. Vitamins are a good, and keep the caffeine to a low level if possible :**

StarStarStar- Have you found the Elders Meditation thread that is in the Spirtuality section? My go to place every morning.

RainyPNW, Mish, swtpea61, Cat1961 and everyone I hope your day is positive and keep strong!

My day (as soon as I tear myself away from this computer) is house decorating and cleaning, sooo much cleaning and dusting,, ever so much,,,,,
On day 13 and it will be an unlucky day for my AV as I do not plan on leaving the house, and I just noticed that she is not to loud this am, which is a pleasant surprise as the next 2 days have always been an immediate run to my stash or store for the past,,, lets say long time. So I had best get busy, will check in later.

Stay healthy Nobenders!

Badge
Old 11-28-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Yeah.... I'm definitely taking a break from my boyfriend. I have a lot of feelings about how he acted on thanksgiving. I am pretty turned off. I am hurt, I am wary.

The problem is, we have had plans for the past six months for me to join him and his family for Christmas. A long week holiday vacation that I have been really looking forward to. Now, I feel anxious and wary.

We have not been seeing each other, and we've been taking space, but we have still been talking about Christmas. I was stressing making or bringing gifts, I was acting like we were a unit. Then the family said they wanted to do a Secret Santa, which was a huge relief. We are mostly adults and there's no reason for everyone to gift each other. But then my boyfriend said that they drew names and there was an uneven number so they just left me out of the drawing. I had a reaction to that.... I'm not sure if my reaction was appropriate. I felt hurt and stupid. Sad to be left out (I guess after all the effort I had already put into thinking about them?) and stupid that I had assumed I was important enough to be included. I don't need presents or have any attachment to that, but as a person without a family of my own, I get a bit embarrassingly attached to being included....

I'm confused about my reaction.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Not very creative

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Yeah.... I'm definitely taking a break from my boyfriend. I have a lot of feelings about how he acted on thanksgiving. I am pretty turned off. I am hurt, I am wary.

The problem is, we have had plans for the past six months for me to join him and his family for Christmas. A long week holiday vacation that I have been really looking forward to. Now, I feel anxious and wary.

We have not been seeing each other, and we've been taking space, but we have still been talking about Christmas. I was stressing making or bringing gifts, I was acting like we were a unit. Then the family said they wanted to do a Secret Santa, which was a huge relief. We are mostly adults and there's no reason for everyone to gift each other. But then my boyfriend said that they drew names and there was an uneven number so they just left me out of the drawing. I had a reaction to that.... I'm not sure if my reaction was appropriate. I felt hurt and stupid. Sad to be left out (I guess after all the effort I had already put into thinking about them?) and stupid that I had assumed I was important enough to be included. I don't need presents or have any attachment to that, but as a person without a family of my own, I get a bit embarrassingly attached to being included....

I'm confused about my reaction.
Anyone would have been hurt under that circumstance.
IMHO, they weren't very creative.
Everyone could have chipped in an extra couple of dollars to buy the last person drawn for a gift.
For me, that would have been the game ender or deal breaker.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Yes.... I felt not included.

After some thought, I realized that it doesn't matter if there's an odd number in secret santa. It's just that they didn't think of that, and also didn't stretch to include me anyway. And my boyfriend didn't stick up for me to tell them I should be included
Old 11-28-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Just starting this journey. On Day #1 and looking forward to finally kicking this beast off my shoulders.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Monday!
Old 11-28-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Good on you Mish and rah, we'll crack this thing eventually, and I want to be in this Class forever too Illuminate, or wanna be sober forever more like it. Nobenders rule, OK!

Day 29 today and we are neck a neck Truthbetold. Soon we'll be hitting the month, and as time goes by not so focused on every passing moment. It's a real source of pride and accomplishment in these early days, so I'm still counting.

Got a lot of work done in the house yesterday, and as we have a Council "clean up" soon, got rid of a lot of rubbish. Didn't feel strong enough to carry it down the stairs so ditched it over the balcony, Geronimo! Neighbours were at work so no chance of me braining anyone as it fell. Felt sorta good watching those chairs break up as they hit the ground. I recommend it as an anger management technique

Have taken to turning the TV off throughout the day otherwise I turn into a lounge lizard and get nothing done outside of very unhealthy rumination.

Am eating better and drinking lots of water and taking vitamins. Don't know where my head was at in not making the connection between good diet and healthy mind. I guess I knew it, just didn't apply it, the story of my life. This time it's different and am starting to feel more deserving and asserting myself more.

I don't have a lot of money and yesterday the shopkeeper (accidentally) shortchanged me, and I felt embarrassed to go back and ask for a lousy ten bucks, but I did. I mean the guy charges like a wounded buffalo so figured I needed it more than him. Get this, he's going to check the video footage! But at least I did it. Ten bucks for me is a meal.

No cravings and simply batting on with you all. But unlike the Australian cricket team will not collapse in the middle.

Welcome to all new classmates, and a big hi to Blackbird.

Go Nobenders!
Old 11-28-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hey all. Happy Monday!

Plenny - I'm sorry to hear that. Not what you need right now. I'd feel hurt too - and you might (or maybe not..) point out that you don't need even numbers for Secret Santa!

I'm relieved today because I finally got some sleep! A nap this evening which will probably ruin me for tonight, but I'm just so happy that I CAN sleep again - even a little. After two sleepless nights I was more out of it today than when I was drinking!

I hadn't been eating though 'cause I couldn't face it. So, today I went out to find something really nice and got salmon and hummus and avocado. So that possibly helped and it looks like I've got my appetite back too. \o/

I'm slowly learning. Sleep = food - caffeine.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

He's not a great communicator. I have a plane ticket. I just feel like I shouldn't go. But I can't figure out if that's me being a martyr or not. I don't really even want to see him right now.

I don't think his family would intentionally not include me. I think I am having major fears about spending the holiday with them because that is such a big deal to me and if it goes wrong, it'll be the end of us
Old 11-28-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hey Abriella! Welcome!

I'm on Day 3 - aaaaaaalmost on Day 4. It's a brilliant feeling of freedom and achievement - you're going to love it.

On another note, everytime I see nobenders, it reminds me of Futurama. Just me?
Old 11-28-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Day 6 today and I've gotten more accomplished in the past 5 hours than I have in weeks. It feels good to wake up sober and get things done. Thanks all for being such a great support in the early days.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Welcome Abriella! Day 1 congrats! We have a great group here, I would be lost without everyone's support.

Plenny,, I will say I got angry for you after reading your post. I am sure I would fly off the handle and say something to someone that I am sure i would regret right away. That is how it usually turns for me anyway. I think your feelings and reaction were spot on, maybe now that he has time to think about what you said he will come around. Don't let this get your AV started, clear headed is the best way to be.
Badge
Old 11-28-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I am here trying for another day one again. I hope I am ok to post in here. Not much left of November.

sixstring.