Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 11-28-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

starstarstar sometimes I feel invisible and like an imposition all at the same time. But I think many people do. It isn't always real though. Wish I knew what happened, I am very pragmatic and enjoy hunting for the truth. There's nothing I love more than boiling an issue down to what really happened, because from there you can make accurate and efficient progress. Everyone wins. Hope you'll stick around because I feel like hearing the choir of viewpoints on a situation is immensely clarifying...
Old 11-28-2016, 09:53 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Maimonides
I think all of us try to help.

Some of us are better at teaching a man (or woman) to fish than others, but that doesn't mean that folks here are not trying to be helpful.

If someones bugging you, you can always use the ignore function

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
You can always PM me (or Anna) or report a post if you think it breaks a rule - just hit the little red and white triangle on the relevant post.

We want people to stay and use this amazing resource...and if you must leave, please don't leave without explaining why.

Maybe we can fix it, or make things better for the people who join after you?

D
Old 11-28-2016, 10:04 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I was originally in the July 2013 class and had nearly two years and then, well, you know. On day 2, feel like crap and can't sleep but I know this too shall pass. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:13 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Welcome. My first class was in 2013 too. Feels like ages ago...
Old 11-28-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

It does and wish I wouldn't have taken that first drink in July of 2015.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Welcome Abriella.
Lulu and plenny; we will get you teaching us what NOT to do.
Steely thank you for the above post. I have to ask self if I really want to know Stormi. Million dollar question of the night.

Hello also tonight to all NoBenders. I look forward to all of your shares and getting to know you better over time.

I kept my hands and mind busy making Arigumi tonight for xmas gifts.
I am quitting both addictions at this time and find any little bling or noise is exceedingly frustrating.
I have basically gone into hiding for the first few weeks. Ran away to a place no one knows my name for some much needed R&R
Old 11-28-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Oh yes Stormi, irritation is high with me too right now. I hate all songs on the radio, everyone's voices, and all car sounds. Hahahaha

I know lots of what not to do's. I think the biggest ones are: not having a plan and not listening to your needs. Have a plan every day, and listen to your needs because your body is on your side! So great job running away for R&R amongst strangers! Very very smart
Old 11-28-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome LuLu

D
Old 11-28-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. I'm heading in to try and sleep, have to get up for work in 4 hours. "Talk" to you all tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

I reckon you should give it another go Plenny. If you are both in agreement about alcohol being a real problem in both your lives it could mean the development of a really worthwhile, great relationship. Sharing all the good shite and the real trust. This could be the start of something big

Hey Normi, thing is I DO want to know, and it's dead set scary. Part of the reason why I drank I think, avoidance of self. My self was/is battered to the clappers, esteem, confidence, shame, fear, ad infinitum, anger.....neg neg neg. Feel like my self is going to jump out of my mouth and say, "hang on, there was something I wanted to say before I crawled into a bottle, or some other piece of apparatus, and really put myself out there. It will be so profound Normi haha

I'm given' it a bat. Nothin' to lose but myself, and can't let that happen in my lifetime

Welcome LuLu hope to get to know you. Hope you like me.

And do hope starstarstar that you make your feelings felt. I love your username.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Oh thank you Steely it is very encouraging to read that. It is what I'm hoping for with this one
Old 11-28-2016, 11:40 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Thank you Cat Eddy Mishy and everyone else!

Day 2 and im feeling a bit more positive. I worked out today ate well and am evem in bed at a somewhat decent hour. Truth is me leaving alcohol is also going hand in hand with me leaving a rotten abusive relationship. Im still healing a busted lip from my ex. Ive started reading a book on abusive men and i wish i did so earlier as it is very eye opening and almost relieving to realize this is real and im not alone. Im just trying to do whatever i can so i dont go back like the million times i have in the past. Today i am grateful for my children as they sleep like angels downstairs and for my career that gives me a sense of worth.

God bless you all lets do this!

Plenny I wouldve been hurt by the secret thing as well.

Steely your post about the $10 made me giggle and your darn tootin.. $10 wouldve made me make a u turn as well.

Good night all
Old 11-28-2016, 11:44 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

I must have missed welcoming you LLG - good to see you back
Old 11-28-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

And now that I'm starting to find my self thought I should buy another hat. Herewith an Akubra made by the (fancy) Strand Arcade Hatters, here in Sydney. Got it in the op (thrift) shop for $2.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

And hey six string come on in. If you keep tryin i will too
Old 11-28-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I must have missed welcoming you LLG - good to see you back
Thanks Dee!
Old 11-28-2016, 11:55 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Oh, you girls. Let's do this.

Boys too, but different set of circumstances. United we stand, and we don't hit girls. Don't hit anyone for that matter. Shudder. I came from a DV childhood.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:13 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

P.S I would never wear that hat, I'd look like a dork. It was just such a bargain, couldn't let it slip by, that's all. Fur felt . Least it's not real fur.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nice score Steely

D
Old 11-29-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Good morning all, another sleepless night. It's 5:30 A.M. here and I am just going to go into work early. Maybe it will erase the fact that I called in yesterday.

Plenny, I am sure I will like you, why wouldn't I? You seem like a genuine, nice person. Not too many people I don't like, differences make the world go round. I usually don't say much but perhaps that was my downfall, going to try and be more active this time.

Hello, to everyone else, still learning about you. Lots of people in this class. Hope everyone has a great day.